Aliens Doom TC: Special Edition

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Virtue

Re: Aliens Doom TC: Special Edition

Post by Virtue »

DrDoctor wrote:I don't know if you've fixed this already, but I fell like I should point this out.
Spoiler:
Actually the fact that the ceiling alien can instantly traverse any ceiling regardless of height should be fixed . A maximum height difference of 128 units should work well. Also, I'm not sure about this, but I think he can still claw the player even when on a very high ceiling (It seems to happen in the egg chamber on map e3m1.)
how do you do that? Im using checkfloor and checkceiling to make him work...

Ive made it so he doesnt claw from any hieght, there was a bug that he'd stay on the same level but act normall too and ive fixed that.
Tragos

Post by Tragos »

I thought the aliens traversing any ceiling was to simulate their climbing ability. Ages ago when I tweaked Justin Fisher's TC for myself I left this in, it made the maps much more challenging.
Virtue

Post by Virtue »

yeah, I think ill leave it in :)
DrDoctor

Post by DrDoctor »

I'm not saying take out ceiling traversing entirely, I'm saying just make it so that an alien can't teleport between two ceilings with a 512 height difference.( If it's possible to code a vertical climb ability then by all means do that)
Virtue

Post by Virtue »

New targeting reticule, for when zooming in with the plasmacaster

I've also developed an "honor" system where each kill is worth a set amount of points depending on what weapon you use to kill it with! Ill need a custom SBAR INFO to display the points though...
Big C

Post by Big C »

Since so many of the Pred's weapons are (presumably) silent, can you make a taunt button for our amusement/for luring out enemies that makes the Predator's laugh noise? :P
DrDoctor

Post by DrDoctor »

I've been working on a remake of map of e3m1 as a side project for a couple of weeks now and it's near completion. I asked Ben if it was alright if I could release it as an addon and he said it was okay. The core layout of the map remains somewhat the same, but the main differences are
-converted to take advantage of UDMF features
-complete retexturing using modified AVP2 textures
-new inventory items -flashlight and flares (you can also use these in the main episode)
-rearranged enemy and item placement (you don't get all weapons at the start and ammo is more of a precious commodity)
-a "special surprise" at the end of the map :twisted:

Overall its harder than the original map due to redistributed supplies and it's in a very dark environment. Due to it's heavy reliance on dynamic lighting for illumination, this is really meant for GZDoom.
Expect it to be released sometime next week.

And now fer de screenies
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Tragos

Post by Tragos »

Much more Alienish than before! This is shaping up nicely.
Big C

Post by Big C »

Oh, this is looking good (I am guessing the Alien Jockey is still a WIP, though?)
DrDoctor

Post by DrDoctor »

Big C wrote:I am guessing the Alien Jockey is still a WIP, though?
Somewhat, I gave its sprites to Blade3327 to use in his U-AVP mod and he's going to update them. In context of this project though, they are presented as is.
Cyanosis

Post by Cyanosis »

Very cool shots.
Virtue

Post by Virtue »

nice!! I always hated that map, it didnt fit in with the rest of the mod at all!

In repsects to the main TC, its coming along. Ive had some personal problems so I havnt been back to it since I got those sprites off you Dr, but don't worry this is far from dead!
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

For multiplayer, the predator could have two taunts, one standard one that comes from the player, and one that launches an invisible projectile that produces the same sound when it hits a surface. :twisted:
Big C

Post by Big C »

I vote that the taunt sound be the Predator's wicked laugh.

Combine it with CaptainToenail's idea and you've got paranoia city. :twisted:
Virtue

Post by Virtue »

Big C wrote:I vote that the taunt sound be the Predator's wicked laugh.

Combine it with CaptainToenail's idea and you've got paranoia city. :twisted:
it will be :D alternativly, the "turn around" or "over here" would be really creepy! I could even use a_givetotarget so it plays on their side :D

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”