Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
mumblemumble

Re: Brütal Doom v0.18

Post by mumblemumble »

Guys, its not like he abused the guy, he just gave a suggestion for a question which was asked.

But regardless this is VERY off topic... And as for the picture, I would say he revived doom if anything, bringing more players into the game, and injecting a little fresh blood into the community.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Xaser wrote:Hey all. Just a quick not-entirely-on-topic public service announcement that the author of his mod has legitimately and non-jokingly tried to encourage a kid to commit suicide:

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=37411

Ignore if you will. Just wanted to let folks know before they give this mod a try. That is all.
I really doubt that will derail anyone from playing this.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

To be fair, a Doom forum really isn't a good place to post a suicide thread - hell, most of the Internet isn't, really.
Funky Gnoll

Post by Funky Gnoll »

Xaser wrote:Hey all. Just a quick not-entirely-on-topic public service announcement that the author of his mod has legitimately and non-jokingly tried to encourage a kid to commit suicide:

Ignore if you will. Just wanted to let folks know before they give this mod a try. That is all.
well that thread was disgusting. I will no longer be playing Brutal Doom

also WW, in the future when someone expresses suicidal ideation, the proper response is to direct them to a suicide hotline, not to tell them to go "rant" about it elsewhere, jesus fucking christ
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

Funky Gnoll wrote:
well that thread was disgusting. I will no longer be playing Brutal Doom

also WW, in the future when someone expresses suicidal ideation, the proper response is to direct them to a suicide hotline, not to tell them to go "rant" about it elsewhere, jesus fucking christ
If you choose not to play brutal doom simply because of what someone said without malice or ill intention, then fine, you are likely to uptight to enjoy playing brutal doom with anyway.

On a side note, as someone whom HAS used a suicide hotline, I just want to say they are completely worthless, the guys don't even give any sort of opinion on ANYTHING at all (they aren't allowed to), so having a talk about something would be more productive with a god-damn cat. Or at least that was my experience.

ONTOPIC: Will there be a way to make maps with mancubus cannon (or more importantly revenant rockets) As pickups in deathmatch / ctf modes?...I've seen the homing in coop (it homes on players if you aim at them), and I must admit, being able to have homing rockets would be an absolute BLAST for competitive modes. Would really love if the data for them as individual pickups / ammo packs could be made. Could make all sorts of brutal doom specific dm maps that way.

And could you turn off friendly fire with the new marines grenades?...its annoying as hell to run into a room, only to die by a grenade chucked at the back of your head.

Seems last round of the revenant missle launcher is always a dud
Last edited by mumblemumble on Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nemesis6

Post by Nemesis6 »

TheRailgunner wrote:That's...kind of fucked up, Sarge. Regardless, since is does me no good to just sit on it, I'm still sending you my BD-Lite edit of v19test, if only because you probably won't ever get around to making it yourself.

EDIT: I'm posting it here, because the forum breaks every time I try to send it via PM.

It's based off of test8372. Considering the latest official version of BDLite is 0.13, I'd hope you provide this as more up-to-date alternative.
You probably know about these problems already, but there's some weird issue with going on with the frames for some of the weapons -- The pistol, the shotguns, and the plasma rifle. It's as if, when shooting, a wrong frame is overlayed on the right one. For example, when shooting with the pistol, in one frame the muzzle flash appears and the gun is illuminated by the flash, but half of the gun is shown as the vanilla doom pistol. Other than that, the super shotgun has no sound, along with the plasma rifle and to some extent, the rocket launcher.

Anyway, I really like what's been done with the rocket launcher. It feels very good shooting it, I wish the Brutal Doom version fired more like this, but oh well.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Funky Gnoll wrote:also WW, in the future when someone expresses suicidal ideation, the proper response is to direct them to a suicide hotline, not to tell them to go "rant" about it elsewhere, jesus fucking christ
Yep. For example.
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

Don't worry guys, I will release a new version of Brutal Doom Lite when v19 gets completed.

Wait, does anyone here actually thinks that Binary was actually trying to commit suicide, and that was not just a troll post? :P

(Warned.)
JoeyTD wrote:Image

Yeah, I know. I am worse than Hitler, right?
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:Does anyone here actually thinks that Binary was actually trying to commit suicide, and that was not just a troll post? :P
You can't know that for sure one way or another, so you should probably ask before telling him to go kill himself.
Sergeant_Mark_IV

twinkieman93 wrote:You can't know that for sure one way or another, so you should probably ask before telling him to go kill himself.
His post looked like something that was controlpasted straight out from a 4chan Controlpasta Database.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:
twinkieman93 wrote:You can't know that for sure one way or another, so you should probably ask before telling him to go kill himself.
His post looked like something that was controlpasted straight out from a 4chan Controlpasta Database.
It did, but you really jumped the gun on immediately telling him to kill himself, because if he was serious... well, you killed a kid, whether you want to believe it or not.
Sergeant_Mark_IV

twinkieman93 wrote:It did, but you really jumped the gun on immediately telling him to kill himself, because if he was serious... well, you killed a kid, whether you want to believe it or not.
No, I didn't. He said that he was 18, then he is not a kid anymore. He is an adult responsible for his own acts.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:No, I didn't. He said that he was 18, then he is not a kid anymore. He is an adult responsible for his own acts.
So if he ends up not posting again(and is therefore most likely dead), are you saying you won't feel any remorse, even in the slightest? I usually back you up on these things(like the "racist" joke thing and the real gore thing) but if that's the case I'm not sure I can support you in this. I've had a good friend of mine kill himself over things a lot more trivial than the things that Binary listed in his post. He was a valued friend and even we didn't know he would ever consider that, so it just goes to show you that you can never be too sure, especially over the internet where various facets of human communication are lost in text-only mediums. At least for me, suicide is never a joking matter.
karmakazi

Post by karmakazi »

Call me whatever you want, but hang the political correctness. I thought that shit was hilarious. I am so sick of this hand-wringing twaddle about the tragedy of suicide, if someone doesnt want to live anymore, thats their right. We got enough people sucking air down here that one less isnt going to hurt. But lets be honest, if he really meant to do it, he wouldnt post it on a forum like this one. It just doesnt make any damn sense. So he called his bluff. I say good on him. Keep up the good work sarge, dont let these limp noodles cramp your style, theyll soon find some other tragedy to co-opt, some other chance to point the finger.
DoomNukem

Post by DoomNukem »

twinkieman93 wrote:
Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:
It did, but you really jumped the gun on immediately telling him to kill himself, because if he was serious... well, you killed a kid, whether you want to believe it or not.
No, no and no.
As tasteless as it was, your statement is outlandish at best. Even if he was a troll he would never admit to it, again while marks words werent the wisest he holds absolutely no responsibility. Anywho thats enough shitposting at least for me, this thread is way past downhill.

Oh and nor is ww or any other staff obliged to offer advice or defuse the situation, at all, binary was told to go deal with issues elsewhere, this isnt the place for it. although the tongue-in-cheek manner that was used may have not have been necessary.
Last edited by DoomNukem on Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”