Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Ghostbreed

Re: Brütal Doom v0.18

Post by Ghostbreed »

Blast! :(
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

southpark2010 wrote:
Ghostbreed wrote:Will you fix the brown parts? Otherwise it's awesome.
I was, until my laptop broke. If I can't fix it, I'll just start over.
You could just ask how to recover data from a broken computer in Off-Topic.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Is there a way to make the placed weapons on maps be random? I ask because I'd like to make it so a rocketlauncher placement can be a grenade launcher half the time. I'm trying to think of a way to implement the skulltag weapons in the game without just giving them to the player at start.
southpark2010

Post by southpark2010 »

Hellstorm Archon wrote:
southpark2010 wrote:
Really? That'd be cool if it can be recovered, I had another add-on I wanted to release. This one adds a few extra things such-as:
Duke-3D taunts (so Doomguy will say his taunts automatically after killing enemies),
Fixed the crawling zombies' deaths (and the cruelty bonuses),
Added weapon pick-up lines,
Cleaned some fatality sprites,
Brought back some of the old fatalities (and I was planning to make some of my own).
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Rowsol wrote:Is there a way to make the placed weapons on maps be random? I ask because I'd like to make it so a rocketlauncher placement can be a grenade launcher half the time. I'm trying to think of a way to implement the skulltag weapons in the game without just giving them to the player at start.
http://zdoom.org/wiki/Classes:RandomSpawner
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Hellstorm Archon wrote:
southpark2010 wrote:
It's all 50/50 guaranteed to work though.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

TerminusEst13 wrote:
Rowsol wrote:Is there a way to make the placed weapons on maps be random? I ask because I'd like to make it so a rocketlauncher placement can be a grenade launcher half the time. I'm trying to think of a way to implement the skulltag weapons in the game without just giving them to the player at start.
http://zdoom.org/wiki/Classes:RandomSpawner
Much thanks.

On a side note, the SSG reloading faster with alt fire really makes no sense at all.

One more thing, not that you probably care, but the railgun "saw" damagetype doesn't work. I added the saw puff to the rail and it works now.

RAIF A 1 BRIGHT A_RailAttack(200, 0, 1, "00 FF FF", "00 FF FF", 0, 0, "SSawPuff")
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

Rowsol wrote: On a side note, the SSG reloading faster with alt fire really makes no sense at all.
I noticed this as well. Though if the reload is increased he really needs to up the fire rate cap on individual barrels. The longer delay before firing the 2nd barrel gets annoying when trying to snap fire 2 targets.

It would be nice to fire both barrels almost at the same time with the alt fire, like it was before. And no, its not over-powered that way because as far as I know, single barrel blasts no longer get point blank bonus.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Ughh... Have to say it. Chainsawing dead revenants and mancubi for ripping off their weapons in last two v19 test versions, is just a NIGHTMARE... You get deviated forward all the time! :evil:

And worst of all, the mancubus flame cannon doesn't appear when you saw them. If you want it, you'll have to use the rocket launcher instead...

At least, in previous versions was plenty easier to obtain the special enemy weapons...

Hope Sgt. Mark fix this annoying issue... :nope:
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

I've mentioned this before, it gets very annoying. The hitboxes on them are too tiny for their size (especially the mancubus) And for a decapitated revenant the sprites center is on its feet, rather than its body which is insanely confusing, as you must cut its feet to get the launchers. Also, revenant launcher tends to blow you up if against the wall, and monsters often don't make an effort to dodge the rockets (which would be funnier to watch ESPECIALLY for cacos)

And on the topic of cacos, given the flying ability, eratic patterns, I think their damage done while on fire should be higher. (plus they are literally a great ball of fire, so why not?)
Last edited by mumblemumble on Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Hey all. Just a quick not-entirely-on-topic public service announcement that the author of his mod has legitimately and non-jokingly tried to encourage a kid to commit suicide:

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=37411

Ignore if you will. Just wanted to let folks know before they give this mod a try. That is all.
JoeyTD
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by JoeyTD »

Xaser wrote:Hey all. Just a quick not-entirely-on-topic public service announcement that the author of his mod has legitimately and non-jokingly tried to encourage a kid to commit suicide:

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=37411

Ignore if you will. Just wanted to let folks know before they give this mod a try. That is all.
Spoiler:
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Pfft, there are some softies on dis here internets. I laughed at the picture.
Urizen

Post by Urizen »

Xaser wrote:Just wanted to let folks know before they give this mod a try. That is all.
What's that old proverb, something about "bad publicity" ?
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

That's...kind of fucked up, Sarge. Regardless, since is does me no good to just sit on it, I'm still sending you my BD-Lite edit of v19test, if only because you probably won't ever get around to making it yourself.

EDIT: I'm posting it here, because the forum breaks every time I try to send it via PM.

It's based off of test8372. Considering the latest official version of BDLite is 0.13, I'd hope you provide this as more up-to-date alternative.
Last edited by TheRailgunner on Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”