Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Valherran

Re: Brütal Doom v0.18

Post by Valherran »

mumblemumble wrote:
Valherran wrote:Since when did the cap get altered to get more than 200 from a sphere in Deathmatch? O.o
Not the spheres, the tiny 2+ armor and health bonuses (the helmets and blue bottles respectively.).

They can infinitely stack past 200 health / armor, and this is in any mode. And some matches in maps with "max armor / max health" bonus can amplify this even more, by upping the standard max health anyway, making health packs, armor, and spheres more effective.
I have never had a problem, I actually like them how they are. If this is a problem in PvP, then you need to not let your enemy have time to gather that much. In single player, I have a hard time staying above 100 on the highest difficulties, and those bonus' don't really make much of a difference in the matter, but they sure help.
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

Valherran wrote: I have never had a problem, I actually like them how they are. If this is a problem in PvP, then you need to not let your enemy have time to gather that much. In single player, I have a hard time staying above 100 on the highest difficulties, and those bonus' don't really make much of a difference in the matter, but they sure help.
well for multiplayer especially with stacking armor someone can easily get past a certain point where unless multiple players ambush them, they have enough health / armor to take anything. Again, I'm not saying that it shouldn't go over 200, just going over 300 or w/e is kind of nuts. You shouldn't be able to endlessly hoard health into 4 digit amounts.
PaskaTykki

Post by PaskaTykki »

Brutal Doom need own balanced versio for deathmatch.

Archvile resurrect Marine, and Marine was my side. :D
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

are the revenants supposed to like...die and then get up for no reason and be the most annoying things ever.

i hate revenants.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

mumblemumble wrote:
Valherran wrote: I have never had a problem, I actually like them how they are. If this is a problem in PvP, then you need to not let your enemy have time to gather that much. In single player, I have a hard time staying above 100 on the highest difficulties, and those bonus' don't really make much of a difference in the matter, but they sure help.
well for multiplayer especially with stacking armor someone can easily get past a certain point where unless multiple players ambush them, they have enough health / armor to take anything. Again, I'm not saying that it shouldn't go over 200, just going over 300 or w/e is kind of nuts. You shouldn't be able to endlessly hoard health into 4 digit amounts.
Well, if it that much of an issue, then I guess put a cap on it for multiplayer. But I have never had a problem with it, I never let anyone live for more than 30 seconds. :lol:
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

cortlong50 wrote:are the revenants supposed to like...die and then get up for no reason and be the most annoying things ever.

i hate revenants.
That sounds like a personal problem to me. And yes, Revenants are supposed to do that. Never mind, apparently doesn't refer to legless Revenants.
Last edited by TheRailgunner on Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

Valherran wrote:
mumblemumble wrote:
Well, if it that much of an issue, then I guess put a cap on it for multiplayer. But I have never had a problem with it, I never let anyone live for more than 30 seconds. :lol:
It generally happens on bigger maps with less people, since theres more opportunity to hoard. Also I've seen this "resurrecting" revenant as well...but only once.

And the idea of balancing multiplayer I think is a good idea. Maybe even just increasing the spawn in health / armor amounts slightly since many weapons easily 1 shot a fresh spawned player (both shotguns, kicks, rockets, ect).

it seems the revenant launcher firing from the player on each sides causes it to clip walls a lot more while firing (being beside a wall, rocket spawns into it despite aiming away from wall). Chainsaw does not get blood on it from player vs player kills (but it is very satisfying to use, hehe).
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Bug report: When you are holding a meatshield you can't pick up stuff, and the bullets you shoot can pass right through enemies at close range.

Another one, the hellknight and baron won't grab their balls anymore when you kick them.
Last edited by Rowsol on Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

is there any brutal monster packs?
thatd be nice.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

cortlong50 wrote:is there any brutal monster packs?
thatd be nice.
Not yet, if there will be, it won't be for a loooooong time. Best bet is to have someone create them for the public as an addon.
southpark2010

Post by southpark2010 »

I was trying to brutalize the Dark Imp, which I was going to release but my laptop went boom, so...

This was my post about it:
Southpark2010 wrote: I've been attempting to brutalize Skulltag's Dark Imp using the unused Dark Imp sprites hidden inside BD.
This is what I've done so far:
Spoiler: Screenshot
Spoiler: Added a hitbox for his head.
Spoiler: Gave him his own head for us to kick around.
Spoiler: Gave him his own gibs (still working on an SSG/Smash Death for him).
What do you guys think?
LegendaryFalco

Post by LegendaryFalco »

impressive
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Will you fix the brown parts? Otherwise it's awesome.
iVoid

Post by iVoid »

Orb Swallowing Fox wrote:It's not so much a bug, but more of an engine limitation, there are certain things that just cannot be done, I''ve had my share of dealing with translation issues in the past like this as well. For all the flexibility the engine offers, there are times a sacrifice has to be done in projects, especially with sprites. The only other option would have been the marine sprites be untranslated in the fatality and that would be odd looking if the players color was not set to the default.
Even with that bug I think a lot of people would like to see a mutator with green blood for barons for playing in single player with default colors...

And does that bug happen in both zdoom and gzdoom?
southpark2010

Post by southpark2010 »

Ghostbreed wrote:Will you fix the brown parts? Otherwise it's awesome.
I was, until my laptop broke. If I can't fix it, I'll just start over.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”