Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Re: Brütal Doom v0.18

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

iVoid wrote:
born v12 wrote:
Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote: Maybe I can re-add as a mutator.
Cool! Waiting for updates BD Mutators
+1! :D

The multi-colored blood is one I'm eagerly expecting too.
I don't recall Sarge removing the Caco's blue blood, but for the umpteenth time, he is not, I repeat, not to put green blood for the Hell Nobles back in. In fatalities, their blood color will end up translating to the color of the player's armor, so for the final time:

Green blood will not come back.
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

iVoid wrote: +1! :D

The multi-colored blood is one I'm eagerly expecting too.
This gives me an idea...It would be a project, but what about a side mod which gave a "serious sam - hippy mode" gore effect? Essentially turning all blood / gore / dismemberment into sparkles n fruit and stuff? Sure it would be kinda silly / stupid, but I think it would be worth if for the laughs. Imagine a crawling zombie decorating the floor with flowers as he bleeds.

I'm not SUGGESTING mark does this btw, I'm just saying it could be hilarious.

Also, will there be another test release before the final release?
Last edited by mumblemumble on Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aoshiryaev

Post by aoshiryaev »

10/4=2.5 times more energy. It would be devastating IF it ricocheted, but, un;ess you are ahooting a tank at point-blank, it would not.
iVoid

Post by iVoid »

Hellstorm Archon wrote: I don't recall Sarge removing the Caco's blue blood, but for the umpteenth time, he is not, I repeat, not to put green blood for the Hell Nobles back in. In fatalities, their blood color will end up translating to the color of the player's armor, so for the final time:

Green blood will not come back.
I don't get it: doesn't it make much more sense to just fix that bug?
Orb Swallowing Fox

Post by Orb Swallowing Fox »

It's not so much a bug, but more of an engine limitation, there are certain things that just cannot be done, I''ve had my share of dealing with translation issues in the past like this as well. For all the flexibility the engine offers, there are times a sacrifice has to be done in projects, especially with sprites. The only other option would have been the marine sprites be untranslated in the fatality and that would be odd looking if the players color was not set to the default.
Reapums

Post by Reapums »

It feels like Sarge should put under the red "New ideas not wanted" he should put in big green letters "GREEN BLOOD FOR BARONS CANNOT AND WILL NOT BE DONE!"
RiboNucleic Asshat
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by RiboNucleic Asshat »

Reapums wrote:It feels like Sarge should put under the red "New ideas not wanted" he should put in big green letters "GREEN BLOOD FOR BARONS CANNOT AND WILL NOT BE DONE!"
It's easy, just split the fatality into 2 actors, which was done with some others for various reasons.
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

I'd figure I probably could give the nobles green blood but keep their fatalities with red.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

PermaNoob wrote:
Reapums wrote:It feels like Sarge should put under the red "New ideas not wanted" he should put in big green letters "GREEN BLOOD FOR BARONS CANNOT AND WILL NOT BE DONE!"
It's easy, just split the fatality into 2 actors, which was done with some others for various reasons.
At some point you will have to show the doomguy with baron blood on him...
Orb Swallowing Fox

Post by Orb Swallowing Fox »

Vaecrius wrote:
PermaNoob wrote:
At some point you will have to show the doomguy with baron blood on him...
I''ve thought of overlayed sprites before, but what I didn't think of before was actually making spots on the marine where blood pixels would be as just transparent and leave that to a seperate sprite, this might actually not be impossible after all, but a ton of work, and since the project is pretty much concluded, someone else would have to do it as an addon. (And I'm long retired from modding and forgot a lot of my previous know-how, otherwise I'd provide an example I know would work)
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

I don't get why it's such a big deal that the blood isn't right. I barely even notice it.
Average

Post by Average »

At the risk of sounding sycophantic I just wanted to say thanks again for Sarge's hard work and time put into this mod. It's obviously been a sh*tload of work and I just thought it would be nice to post without asking for something or being pedantic over something already implemented (ie/ my request for a particular armour sprite!).

So, cheers Sarge for all your hard work. And thank you for sharing it! :)
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

Could you put SOME sort of a cap on health / armor bonuses? Right now a player has an unlimited health / armor cap with them, going as high as 4 k (can go higher, but still) This could be extremely problematic with deathmatch, giving near invincible players after a while, and expecially paired with "max health/armor bonus" it just becomes increasingly unfair, with someone being able to take mega-sphere and get around 400 hp / ap by the end of a match. Not saying they shouldn't go above 200, but eventually there should be an upper roof on the cap, maybe 300 or 350? Just something to prevent insane health numbers.

Also, again the trample effect is a problem in multiplayer. Someone can run into me from behind while im standing still, yet I still end up living while they die. Cool idea, but doesn't work well in actual game-play very well at all.
Last edited by mumblemumble on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Since when did the cap get altered to get more than 200 from a sphere in Deathmatch? O.o
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

Valherran wrote:Since when did the cap get altered to get more than 200 from a sphere in Deathmatch? O.o
Not the spheres, the tiny 2+ armor and health bonuses (the helmets and blue bottles respectively.).

They can infinitely stack past 200 health / armor, and this is in any mode. And some matches in maps with "max armor / max health" bonus can amplify this even more, by upping the standard max health anyway, making health packs, armor, and spheres more effective.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”