Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Rowsol

Re: Brütal Doom v0.18

Post by Rowsol »

Not a bug but more of a question. Mark, why did you decide to change the damage type of the BFG?
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

My guess is consistency. Plasma melts all targets (besides bosses) and rockets gib all targets (besides bosses). The bfg however used to gib some, and melt others. Now its fairly consistent, and I kind of like it.

Btw, is it me or was the janitor mod partially mixed into the recent test? Blood pools eventually fade away, even without janitor mod.
LegendaryFalco

Post by LegendaryFalco »

mumblemumble wrote:My guess is consistency. Plasma melts all targets (besides bosses) and rockets gib all targets (besides bosses). The bfg however used to gib some, and melt others. Now its fairly consistent, and I kind of like it.

Btw, is it me or was the janitor mod partially mixed into the recent test? Blood pools eventually fade away, even without janitor mod.
if he did that then it is probably was done to improve performance
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

LegendaryFalco wrote:
mumblemumble wrote:My guess is consistency. Plasma melts all targets (besides bosses) and rockets gib all targets (besides bosses). The bfg however used to gib some, and melt others. Now its fairly consistent, and I kind of like it.

if he did that then it is probably was done to improve performance
I know, but some people (not me, but still) like having pools of blood everywhere, and can handle it. And any server running brutal doom worth its salt has janitor anyway.

revenant heads seem indestructible btw (but I admit having an indestructible head is pretty damn fun to blast everywhere) And can we remove the trample ability ?(walking into someone doing damage in deathmatch) Its horribly broken since someone running into a person sitting still dies, and it often messes up melee battles. Its an interesting idea in theory, but doesn't work at all in a practical sense.
Last edited by mumblemumble on Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

anything that's can't be interacted with disappears after a bit now. It's in the changelog for v19.
aoshiryaev

Post by aoshiryaev »

Comfirmed. Revenants are headshottable . Barons and Knights are jeadshottable with the SSG if you jump or are higher. Strangely, shotty works like it should, no matter the height. Is it just me, or stunned chaingunners are invincible by shotgun headshots?
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

The hitbox on the headless revenant seems off center, since the hitbox is on his feet which are to the right of him. Archvile corpse seems non-interactive. The doom marines seem like they hate tight spaces, sometimes glitching to phase through walls and very slowly walk through the level in a straight line, going through any and all walls.

Also, I really hope the skulltag weapons will finally work with converting the weapons in DM maps properly. And that the plasma flamer ammo usage is lowered to 2. 3 is just to expensive to be worth a bfg shots worth to get half the effect. Still cool, just not worth it.

but I want to say the "gradual" deaths (barons leaking guts, but still standing, cacos being blown apart bit by bit) are amazing, its something else to use a dying caco as cover from a chaingunner, its an amazing feeling, I only wish the hitbox of the dying caco was proportional to his living state, since the dying state seems a bit narrower
Last edited by mumblemumble on Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

aoshiryaev wrote:Comfirmed. Revenants are headshottable . Barons and Knights are jeadshottable with the SSG if you jump or are higher. Strangely, shotty works like it should, no matter the height. Is it just me, or stunned chaingunners are invincible by shotgun headshots?
Not just you. Seems like I completely forgot to spawn the head hitboxes during this animation.
NantoCodd

Post by NantoCodd »

Looks like the revenant hellish launcher needs alternative coding. The seeking feature of the missile only works on zandronum, while in gzdoom it was just fly straight away.
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

im sure somebody has but i havent seen it (especially with all the ssg nerfing/chaingun recoil battle going on)
but are the sticky gibs like the coolest damn thing ever? or is it just me?
born v12

Post by born v12 »

Sarge, please, return splash damage for bullets from older versions
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

born v12 wrote:Sarge, please, return splash damage for bullets from older versions
:blergh:
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

Rowsol wrote:
born v12 wrote:Sarge, please, return splash damage for bullets from older versions
:blergh:
Oh cmon, the bullet splash damage was hardly even an issue, even on black metal it wouldn't be that big a problem. Was a nice effect though.
Last edited by mumblemumble on Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orb Swallowing Fox

Post by Orb Swallowing Fox »

It was pretty funny when my doomguy got a face full of his own super shotgun blast and died screaming with his arm blown off :P

It was something that made sense to me from a realistic point of view. A minor thing but nice for immersion.
LegendaryFalco

Post by LegendaryFalco »

ehhh id rather the bullet splash damage not return..... or at least make it an optional add on so both worlds can be happy

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”