Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Re: Brütal Doom v0.18

Postby terminator44 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:47 pm

mumblemumble wrote:
terminator44 wrote:Not sure if anyone else caught this, but pressing the reload button for the assault rifle removes a bullet if you already have a full magazine.

Don't take it the wrong way, but I did catch that and plenty others, it just got buried under several pages of bickering. Oh well. Its on page 343, its the giant wall of text =P Theres also an interesting observation I made on the 5th post of 441.

Yeah, but that was before the most recent test version, so it still hasn't been addressed yet apparently.
terminator44

Postby mumblemumble » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:53 am

But wasn't the last POSTED one brutalv19test8372? That was the one I reported. If there's a more recent one could someone link it to me / pm me it? After all I've been kind of taking it upon myself to test a bunch of stuff out, looking for glitches / unfinished bits.
mumblemumble
King of typos

Postby aoshiryaev » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:20 am

Rowsol wrote:Bug Report: Shooting a fatso while he's knee deep in lava with the plasma rifle causes him to shift up and down. I'm assuming it's a conflict with any explosion damage and water.

Who's a fatso?
aoshiryaev

Postby Captain J » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:28 am

a 'Mancubus', Duh. if you don't belive me, open gzdoom.pk3 or zdoom.pk3 with slade or slumped and search the ACTOR called fatso if you know what i mean.
Captain J
'OH YE'

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Ghostbreed » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:37 am

Not necessary to "duh" him. I played Doom for my whole life and just recently learned from the wiki that Mancubus has a second name.
Ghostbreed
Cue the music
Banned User

Postby Marrub » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 am

Ghostbreed wrote:Not necessary to "duh" him. I played Doom for my whole life and just recently learned from the wiki that Mancubus has a second name.

The Baron of Hell is also called a Bruiser (Brother).
The More You Know .-~
Marrub
Xevv Va Rkvyr

Discord: Marrub#5455
Github ID: marrub--
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby aoshiryaev » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:58 am

Knew the bruiser thing, but not fatso. No grounds for distrust here, I believe.
Anyway, I updated my buglist. Not that anyone cared :cry:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=28920&p=706321#p706321
aoshiryaev

Postby Captain J » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:47 am

Ghostbreed wrote:Not necessary to "duh" him. I played Doom for my whole life and just recently learned from the wiki that Mancubus has a second name.
if he is an editor, he should be know it easily. otherwise, i'm not pretty prideful.
Captain J
'OH YE'

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby terminator44 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:45 am

mumblemumble wrote:But wasn't the last POSTED one brutalv19test8372? That was the one I reported. If there's a more recent one could someone link it to me / pm me it? After all I've been kind of taking it upon myself to test a bunch of stuff out, looking for glitches / unfinished bits.

Yes, but I think Sgt. Mark IV made some changes since then. His post giving the link to the one I have came much later than p. 343 and the file information says the .pk3 was last modified on the 6th: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=28920&p=708394#p708394
terminator44

Postby Ghostbreed » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:06 am

Marrub wrote:

The Baron of Hell is also called a Bruiser (Brother).
The More You Know .-~

Indeed. Because I didn't know about the Bruiser thing until now either :p
Ghostbreed
Cue the music
Banned User

Postby born v12 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:14 am

release of V19 on this week or on next week?
P.S. sorry for my bad english.
born v12

Postby Armaetus » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:51 am

Something to do with the A_Pain call for the player maybe?
Armaetus
Maps of Chaos & RDND Author

Discord: Armaetus#8512
Github ID: GlaiceOldSchoolRTS
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby Average » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:43 pm

I have a small request. It's not bug related so I presume this'll get buried but I thought I'd ask anyway...

Is it possible to revert back to the old Armour sprite? The new one is pretty enough but I don't think it fits stylistically. All the other sprites are 'face on' but the new armour is at an angle. It looks passable in-game but on the full screen HUD in GZDoom it looks odd beside the other sprites...

Thanks for reading. :)
Average

Postby Ghostbreed » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:27 pm

You can remove each armor sprite by browsing the pk3 with either SLADE3 or 7-zip :)
Ghostbreed
Cue the music
Banned User

Postby mumblemumble » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:01 pm

aoshiryaev wrote:Knew the bruiser thing, but not fatso. No grounds for distrust here, I believe.
Anyway, I updated my buglist. Not that anyone cared :cry:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=28920&p=706321#p706321

I appreciate it, but I notice a few repeat / are resolved. for instance the revenants are POSSIBLE to SSG headshot (gotta aim really high, its just a bitch), hellknight heads are impossible to hit from ground with ssg (but doable with above them, oddly) And all large demons (anything bigger than a revenant) Is able to resist headshots from MDK bullets(mancubus dies in 1 bodyshot, but can take 3 headshots...) Also the headshot hitbox for the spider master mind seems strangely placed.

I do appreciate it though, especially since all of the lists got buried under 10 pages of off topic.
mumblemumble
King of typos

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects