Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Re: Brütal Doom v0.18

Postby Max Dickings » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:50 am

LegendaryFalco wrote:last stand zombiemen and sergeants do not actually bleed out even though sarge said they are supposed to

I think I saw that happen a few times too
Max Dickings

Postby Marrub » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:53 am

DoomNukem wrote: kind of sounds like im ww-dickriding

Oh god, don't give Eric_ ideas.
Marrub
Xevv Va Rkvyr

Discord: Marrub#5455
Github ID: marrub--
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby Xangi » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:53 am

DoomNukem wrote:Also crying on 4chan and IRC after getting banned isn't going to do him any favours.

I...
You know what, since you probably don't go, I'm not going to say anything about that, other than that's about the opposite of what was happening. I deliberately tried to set up an IRC chat in a place where nobody had the upper ground so they could actually talk, since what Hardmode was trying to say got pretty miscommunicated. Hardmode was willing, despite just getting perma'd, so I posted the IRC address. It's as simple as that.
Xangi
Recovering Shitpost Addict

Discord: Xangi#8619

Postby Captain J » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:22 am

this thread has been changed a lot...maybe i saw the plenty of glitch reports and false ideas, but not like this. :?

also i think i see the important reason why few peoples has gotten their perma 'n insta-ban on this thread, few of peoples resist and never agrees what every one said specially managers and authors. otherwise; a mind victory. and don't get me wrong, i have no ideas what has happened on this thread right now. before this happen was good already. maybe false or late ideas spoiled few things, but that was not much worse then these greedful flamewars. not even discussion war about glitch or idea and weaponry.

well if i can advice for new ones on this zdoom forum. do not resist manager's advice or warmings. that's just getting more even worse but you just wanted to explain what was going on. if somebody did understood, i hope this thread should be back on topic about glitch report, false or late ideas and discussions with each other. just like back to the good moments on this thread.

don't be selfish or egocentric. if you already joined zdoom forum, you're our family right now. everything is fair and need to be listen and agree.

BTW, i feel gross after i replied this. just like i became a hero or something, i'm not proud about this. i just had to stop this.

EDIT: thanks god, now it's moving on topic. no sudden moves again i hope.
Last edited by Captain J on Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby mumblemumble » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:33 am

Alright, found something peculiar with the v19finaltest8372 after some tests.

Started with testing the SSG, for hell knights its pretty much impossible to 1headshot them from being on level ground with them. Being level with their head / above them though, it is slightly possible, if a matter of luck is involved still, and it is incredibly hard. Revenants are possible to kill from level ground, though the headshot Is difficult, and you need to aim pretty high. Next, I used MDK bullets, and I found this VERY interesting : Hellknights, barons, mancubi, cyberdemons, and spidermasterminds ALL have a significant damage resistance to mdk headshots. Hellknight / barrons take 3 headshots before dying, while 1 body shot kills them (and I admit, even while flying / using the 100% accuracy mdk on still targets finding the head hitbox was a little odd). Mancubi take several headshots as well, but die in 1 body shot (I also figured out the headshot hitbox cant be hit from behind, which is cool : all the back-fat blocks it). And cyberdemons and spider-masterminds all took countless headshots to die, while body shot AGAIN 1 shot them - and the spider mastermind head was very hard to locate actually, compared to his legs. I also noticed the archvile does not have a head hitbox, or at very least does not have a headshot death animation. And the corpse for mancubus hitbox is extremely tiny for his size, making chainsaw surgery to get his cannon a pain.

All and all it was interesting, and I learned a bit about the hitboxes. Maybe I don't know enough about brutal doom / mdk and all that to understand, but I found the headshot resistance VERY odd, while also noticing some of the head hit-boxes are a bit off now.
Last edited by mumblemumble on Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
mumblemumble
King of typos

Crashes with GZDoom 1.8.4

Postby Warrex » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:45 am

GZDoom 1.8.4 has been released: http://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6158

Brutal Doom crashes with it - alot. One crash is easily reproduceable and does not happen in vanilla Final Doom: TNT Evilution or when using GZDoom 1.8.3. with brutalv19test8372.pk3:

1. gzdoom.exe -iwad tnt.wad brutalv19test8372.pk3
2. Warp to Map 06.
3. Shoot the barrels at the start of the map to the left.

Just a reminder: The menu entry for the skill level "12 in a 10 point scale of bad" is still to long to fit 4:3 resolutions.
Warrex

Re: Crashes with GZDoom 1.8.4

Postby NantoCodd » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:24 am

Warrex wrote:GZDoom 1.8.4 has been released: http://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6158

Brutal Doom crashes with it - alot. One crash is easily reproduceable and does not happen in vanilla Final Doom: TNT Evilution or when using GZDoom 1.8.3. with brutalv19test8372.pk3:

1. gzdoom.exe -iwad tnt.wad brutalv19test8372.pk3
2. Warp to Map 06.
3. Shoot the barrels at the start of the map to the left.

This is engine bug. The flag used to make explosion alerting monsters is broken, thus lead to crash. It's not only in Brutal Doom, wildweasel's Terrorists also will crash. Stick to the svn build instead.
NantoCodd

Postby Warrex » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:40 am

Ah thanks!
Warrex

Postby Woolie Wool » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:45 am

LegendaryFalco wrote:sometimes revenants seem to have hollow heads and the bullets will go right through their head as if it wasnt there resulting in no damage done to the revenant *this one has been around for awhile id think and probs no possible fix)

Revenants have always been taller than their hitboxes, even in vanilla.
Woolie Wool
Call Apogee Say "Snappity!"

Discord: Woolie Wool#9878
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby mincartoon » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:36 am

Can you please fix Juggernaut's upper body disappearing?
mincartoon

Postby born v12 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:48 pm

Please remove all recoil for the minigun. it is very inconvenient
born v12

Postby Quadruplesword » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:39 pm

Some tips for anyone having trouble with second wind revenants.

There's three weapons that are extremely effective against them: the chainsaw, the minigun, and the plasma rifle. The chainsaw rips them apart so fast and when they do lose their legs, just aim down slightly to finish them off. The plasma rifle works really well because revenant can't fight if he's a molten pile of slag :wink: . And in my experience, the minigun works pretty well for keeping them stun locked and it's surprisingly easy, at least for me, to shoot their head off with it.

Just thought I'd post this to help out anyone who might be having difficulty dealing with the new revenants in v19.
Quadruplesword

Postby USSRBear » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:47 pm

born v12 wrote:Please remove all recoil for the minigun. it is very inconvenient

agreed, or at least make it bearable like WildWeasel's minigun.
USSRBear

Postby Max Dickings » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:11 am

I'm fine with the minigun as-is. Right now its a hell of a room clearer, and the assault rifle is great for any ranges beyond that
Max Dickings

Postby mumblemumble » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:16 am

born v12 wrote:Please remove all recoil for the minigun. it is very inconvenient

Minigun especially in the v19 test patches is perfectly fine. Making the recoil less would make it overpowered (I tried it using a custom brutal doom wad with no recoil, and it really was.)

Minigun in all intents and purposes is more like an automatic shotgun than a long range machine gun : Its designed for continuous close / mid range damage, not for long range sniping. Its for grinding up close range guys, or railing hell / stun locking multiple guys from mid range. For anything of long range, even WITHOUT recoil the rifle would still be better, with 100% accuracy, it would be worth the lower fire rate if you got consistent head-shots.

Plus the recoil (to clarify, we are talking about the gun jumping around slightly) Isn't even noticeable if you use the appropriate modes for the appropriate places. Normal firing for mid / long range spamming of hoards, and boosted mode for close range grinding down of demon forces.

On a side note, there are still issues with berzerker / invincibility. Getting the invulnerability power up and doing a fatality during it ends the powerup prematurely.
And will the skulltag weapons (grenade launcher, railgun, minigun) Convert into their brutal doom counter-parts with v19? I really hope so cause I DO love brutal doom death match, but having bugged skulltag weapons kind of ruins it. It would be very disappointing if this isn't fixed for v19. :(
mumblemumble
King of typos

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects