Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Brütal Doom v0.18

Post by wildweasel »

Hardmode wrote:If you consider bullying someone with mod power a solution, yes i guess. Though, the shitposting wont stop cause I got warned to stop being mean 2 da mods.
I wouldn't consider it bullying if you were specifically told to quit shitposting and decided to do it anyway. Go ahead, try me.
Hardmode

Post by Hardmode »

wildweasel wrote:
Hardmode wrote:If you consider bullying someone with mod power a solution, yes i guess. Though, the shitposting wont stop cause I got warned to stop being mean 2 da mods.
I wouldn't consider it bullying if you were specifically told to quit shitposting and decided to do it anyway. Go ahead, try me.
And you wouldn't consider pointing flaws to brutal doom a good subject of discussion ether, you also consider its a good idea to answer to provocation when you're a mod, you also consider its a good idea to actively participate in the shitposting you hate so much, you also consider that taking this on a thread instead of private message is a good idea.

Maybe it's just me but your considerations aren't the best.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Hardmode wrote:And you wouldn't consider pointing flaws to brutal doom a good subject of discussion ether
Constructive criticism is okay. Criticism plus calling people nasty things is not.
you also consider its a good idea to answer to provocation when you're a mod
Only to tell people like you that it's really not a good idea to provoke people.

By the way, you just registered today - seemingly only to take part in this thread, by the look of it - and you already have a pretty poor record. I'd really advise you to quit while you're ahead, so to speak.

(Oh, and as for why I'm not PM'ing you about this? You make a really good example of what not to do.)
Hardmode

Post by Hardmode »

wildweasel wrote:
you also consider its a good idea to answer to provocation when you're a mod
Only to tell people like you that it's really not a good idea to provoke people.

By the way, you just registered today - seemingly only to take part in this thread, by the look of it - and you already have a pretty poor record. I'd really advise you to quit while you're ahead, so to speak.

(Oh, and as for why I'm not PM'ing you about this? You make a really good example of what not to do.)

I guess ill really miss my 4 hour old account. I guess i have no other choice then to roll in a ball in a corner and cry over the fact that I did not suck mark's cock because he blessed the world with brutal doom.
The only reason I felt the need to make an account to participate in the thread is because I saw a mod getting mad over nothing and basically encouraging shitposting. Which you are still doing bte (fuken textbook work here). You can tell me im insignificant and that the bad example of how to do things but you are the mod and its kind of your job to stay calm and moderate. I dont think anyone apreciates mods that loose their cool whenever some random jow pass by and tell them they suck at moderating. If anything the real bad example is you. You shouldnt answer to any provocation ever and lynching me will just show how weak minded you are and how unable to deal with critism you are.

but hey, im just some 4 hour old account right?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Hardmode wrote:I guess ill really miss my 4 hour old account. I guess i have no other choice then to roll in a ball in a corner and cry over the fact that I did not suck mark's cock because he blessed the world with brutal doom.
Not what I was asking you to do.
The only reason I felt the need to make an account to participate in the thread is because I saw a mod getting mad over nothing and basically encouraging shitposting. Which you are still doing bte (fuken textbook work here). You can tell me im insignificant and that the bad example of how to do things--
Or I can just ban you, since you seem to have no intention of posting civilly. Bye.
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

xenoxols wrote:If you dont mind me asking, how do the one-liners work?
If I remember correctly it checks for a certain inventory item (given from an ACS call) a ton and then changes the state to a taunting state. Not the best way to do it, but it works.
An alternative would be to give and select a taunting weapon in an ACS call, which is simpler and neater.

oh duh he meant the one liners
I think it's just an ACS call that plays a sound on the player that's a $random sound.
Xangi

Post by Xangi »

Well that escalated needlessly. If you want to talk it out, Hardmode's sitting in irc.zandronum.com #rekt
scroton

Post by scroton »

When Will These Four Chan Raiders Learn That Every Web Sight On the World Wide Web Is Not Their Personal Play Ground And That Some Times They Have To Act Like Adults And Not Children.

It's Appalling How Blatant And Callous Their Udder Disregard For the Rules And Regulations Concerning Common Forum Decency Can Be From Time To Time Usually. How Many Good Days Have Been Ruined By Needles Internet Drama And Back And Forth Argumentation Which In The Purpose Is Eventually Eclipsed Entirely By Irrelevant Name Calling, Too Many Is the Unfortunate Answer?

Regardless Of Your Feelings Towards The Mod Creator Or The Mod Itself I Believe We Can All Agree That Brutal Doom Is A Popular Source Port Mod For The First Person Shooter Doom Created By id Soft Ware.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

POST ANOMALY DETECTED

On a more related note, yeah, it'd be nice if you'd come in and talked to Hardmode privately... since you, well, banned him.
DoomNukem

Post by DoomNukem »

Marrub wrote:POST ANOMALY DETECTED

On a more related note, yeah, it'd be nice if you'd come in and talked to Hardmode privately... since you, well, banned him.
Why should he talk to the guy, he was clearly baiting for a flame war, he should be ignored and that should be the end of it.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

DoomNukem wrote:Why should he talk to the guy, he was clearly baiting for a flame war, he should be ignored and that should be the end of it.
He's calmed down and is looking for legitimate discussion now. I think, at least, he claims to.
and what xangi just said below
Last edited by Marrub on Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xangi

Post by Xangi »

DoomNukem wrote:

Why should he talk to the guy, he was clearly baiting for a flame war, he should be ignored and that should be the end of it.
Mainly because a permaban is not an adequate solution to something like that. Also because no true resolution to such a situation can be made in a place where one party holds all the power. Also frankly because I think wildweasel is better than the kind of mod who bans over such a trivial disagreement, or at least he SHOULD be. Moderators in general should be.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

DoomNukem wrote:Why should he talk to the guy, he was clearly baiting for a flame war, he should be ignored and that should be the end of it.
This is pretty much where I stand on the subject. I see no reason why I should go join an IRC network that I generally have nothing to do with, to talk to a person I've just banned, for what I feel is a pretty clear reason.
DoomNukem

Post by DoomNukem »

Xangi wrote:
DoomNukem wrote:

Mainly because a permaban is not an adequate solution to something like that. Also because no true resolution to such a situation can be made in a place where one party holds all the power. Also frankly because I think wildweasel is better than the kind of mod who bans over such a trivial disagreement, or at least he SHOULD be. Moderators in general should be.
He was told to quit while he was ahead and he kept pushing, as harsh as a perma-ban is, he contributed nothing and if you dont do anything about people like that sets a precedent that you can do these sorts of things, when a Moderator tells you to stop or shutup it's usually for a good reason, kind of sounds like im ww_dickriding but I think the community is better off without people lifting up chairs and tables.

Also crying on 4chan and IRC after getting banned isn't going to do him any favours.
Last edited by DoomNukem on Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
LegendaryFalco

Post by LegendaryFalco »

jeez is there no place safe from drama anymore?

anyways noticed a few possible bugs

rocket direct hits sometimes have the revenant detach from the body and go into its crawl with half a body mode instead of just blowing apart if it kills them (possibly intentional but i do remember sarge saying direct rockets would prevent the crawling revenant)

archivile corpses still block the path sometimes (zombiekiller could probs patch it if needed since he knows how)

last stand zombiemen and sergeants do not actually bleed out even though sarge said they are supposed to

sometimes revenants seem to have hollow heads and the bullets will go right through their head as if it wasnt there resulting in no damage done to the revenant *this one has been around for awhile id think and probs no possible fix)

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”