Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Re: Brütal Doom v0.18

Postby Quadruplesword » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:55 pm

Allow me to ask this question, and I don't even want to start an argument or anything

Clearly, regardless of which faction (duh) you're on, it is pretty obvious that both sides have been throwing shit at eachothers ever since this mod became popular. So instead of a mass "thank you sergeant mark" as if this was a state funeral or something, why not simply invite BOTH PARTIES to calm down?

Why side with one party, and thus ultimately continue this trend, meaning another argument WILL break out sometime in the future once again? (which, by the way, will only increase the likelihood of this thread being closed)

Think about it...

I just felt like getting that out there in case the thread ended up kicking the bucket. I respect anyone who is critical of Brutal Doom as long as they respect me for enjoying the hell out of it. At the end of the day, we're all just a bunch of guys (and maybe a couple gals) playing a video game.
Quadruplesword

Postby Sergeant_Mark_IV » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:02 pm

As much as I wish to answer every post in the last 3 pages, I will have to comply to Wildweasel's post. With some luck this whole thing will not last more than one week or two and I will be set free from the burden that continuing this mod has become.

So, to prevent further discussions about the SSG, I reduced the horizontal spread from 14 to 12. I hope this is enough.
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Worse than Hitler.
Banned User

Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Postby mumblemumble » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:10 pm

Hornetzero wrote:Hey Mark, I was just reading that inane Doom comic book that you based this off (Rip and Tear) and I noticed that when the Doom guy collects the BFG 9000, he shoots it on the Cyber Demon and makes Swiss cheese out of him (along with a nasty hole in his crotch). I realize that if people want that plasma rifle shotgun blast back so much, why not assign it as an alternate fire to the BFG 9000 and keep the flame thrower for the alt fire for Plasma rifle anyway. It will be a nice tribute to the comics.

Also, staying true to the comic, the flame thrower would be orange/yellow in color.

One thing which would be cool is basing it off player teams (red / blue plasma for competitive modes)

But alas we are throwing out new ideas, which mark has said aren't needed for now.
Last edited by mumblemumble on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mumblemumble
King of typos

Postby Hornetzero » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:12 pm

Well atleast what I'm proposing is actually from the source Mark got the inspiration from. The comic book is truly insane and lacks any true story, but its full of rich ideas.
Hornetzero

Postby Dynamo » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:13 pm

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:With some luck this whole thing will not last more than one week or two and I will be set free from the burden that continuing this mod has become.

Does that mean we'll see the final version in a week or two?
Dynamo
It's a jungle out there.

Postby Sergeant_Mark_IV » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:33 pm

Yes.
And "final" version means the last version with big stuff. Anything after it will be small fixes of stuff that I do not care about/don't have time to track right now.
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Worse than Hitler.
Banned User

Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Postby Vampocalypse » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:55 pm

Will this "Final Version" come with your map pack? the one that you showed pics of in that other thread.
Vampocalypse

Postby COD IS A DOOM CLONE » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:59 pm

LegendaryFalco wrote:well that escalated quickly
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
COD IS A DOOM CLONE

Postby Hardmode » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:00 pm

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:Yes.
And "final" version means the last version with big stuff. Anything after it will be small fixes of stuff that I do not care about/don't have time to track right now.

So after this big release all that will be left is small bug fixes?
Do you plan on working on something else afterward?
Hardmode
Banned User

Postby Quadruplesword » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:01 pm

Will this "Final Version" come with your map pack? the one that you showed pics of in that other thread.

Actually, I think he said there wouldn't be updates on that until January.
Quadruplesword

Postby mumblemumble » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:56 pm

Just want to say the glitch involving missed frames of deaths MIGHT be a zandronum issue, since I'm seeing it with brutal doom v18 using the newest zandronum 1.2 patch, and I get the same thing. Sucks.
mumblemumble
King of typos

Postby xenoxols » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:17 pm

If you dont mind me asking, how do the one-liners work?
xenoxols

Postby Marrub » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:55 pm

Hardmode wrote:
wildweasel wrote:Final warning. I do not want to see this discussion continued. Under no circumstances is this sort of talk okay.

Is not addressing the problem the only solution you can come up with?

(User was warned for this post.)

Well, I guess that's one way of doing it.
Marrub
Xevv Va Rkvyr

Discord: Marrub#5455
Github ID: marrub--
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby Hardmode » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:08 pm

Marrub wrote:Well, I guess that's one way of doing it.

If you consider bullying someone with mod power a solution, yes i guess. Though, the shitposting wont stop cause I got warned to stop being mean 2 da mods.
Hardmode
Banned User

Postby Valherran » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:14 pm

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:As much as I wish to answer every post in the last 3 pages, I will have to comply to Wildweasel's post. With some luck this whole thing will not last more than one week or two and I will be set free from the burden that continuing this mod has become.

So, to prevent further discussions about the SSG, I reduced the horizontal spread from 14 to 12. I hope this is enough.

Hopefully that solves the headshot problem with the bigger enemies, guess we will have to wait and see when it comes out.
Valherran

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects