Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Brütal Doom v0.18

Post by wildweasel »

X-DOOM wrote:.. can you delete all those unwanted/hate post/replies that came here lately and clean all those crap out of here? This whole thread is by now ugly and unreadable and no fun to read in a project thread.
Unfortunately, given this thread's history, that would be a temporary fix at best.
Hardmode

Post by Hardmode »

X-DOOM wrote: I agree with wildweasel about all this, but i have a better idea than closing this thread my friend... can you delete all those unwanted/hate post/replies that came here lately and clean all those crap out of here? This whole thread is by now ugly and unreadable and no fun to read in a project thread.
So basically delete every post that doesnt state that Brutal Doom is the best thing that ever happenned to Doom? Because I guess that taking critism like a man or not taking the bait the first time was too hard.
Armaetus
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

What if the first post was copied and made into a brand new thread while this 400+ page thread was locked?
Yutrzenika

Post by Yutrzenika »

We're on a new page now anyways, so unless you're going back and rereading everything, you won't have to look at any of the drama posts.
Quadruplesword

Post by Quadruplesword »

So basically delete every post that doesnt state that Brutal Doom is the best thing that ever happenned to Doom? Because I guess that taking critism like a man or not taking the bait the first time was too hard.
Just stop. Please. Can't we stop this spat of negativity and move on to more important things?
Hardmode

Post by Hardmode »

Mr. Chris wrote:What if the first post was copied and made into a brand new thread while this 400+ page thread was locked?
That would only work if the core of the problem wasn't the creator of the mod, or should I say his incapacity to take criticism.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Final warning. I do not want to see this discussion continued. Under no circumstances is this sort of talk okay.
Hardmode

Post by Hardmode »

wildweasel wrote:Final warning. I do not want to see this discussion continued. Under no circumstances is this sort of talk okay.
Is not addressing the problem the only solution you can come up with?

(User was warned for this post.)
Ferguson

Re: Brütal Doom v0.18 Drama

Post by Ferguson »

I've had a lot of fun with this mod, a LOT of work has gone into it. If I had the talent to do better, I would, but I don't. So I'm just going to say thanks very much for this. I look at it as an evolving thing, and it isn't like it cost us fifty bucks or so. {Pulls on asbestos underwear} Just my opinion, which is of no value except to me.
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

Sad to see my bug list got buried by such... "conversations", but oh well.

I do want to say, while the ssg spread is mostly fine, its widened up to the point where point blank its iffy on getting a headshot kill (on revenants, hell knights, and apparently it works on mancubi?), since no longer does most of the spray of pellets hit the face usualy, unless you aim it JUST right. On that note I think it could be tighened by 2 or 3 degrees, but I've always used the SSG for close range anyway. All I'm saying is it should be tight enough for point blank to hit fully, that's all =P. Could also be changed by minor adjusting to the hit-boxes, don't know, I've just noticed I'm no longer able to 1shot kill hell knights, and revenants require near perfect aiming, or it will result in the 2nd attack form happening.
Last edited by mumblemumble on Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quadruplesword

Post by Quadruplesword »

I've had a lot of fun with this mod, a LOT of work has gone into it. If I had the talent to do better, I would, but I don't. So I'm just going to say thanks very much for this. I look at it as an evolving thing, and it isn't like it cost us fifty bucks or so. {Pulls on asbestos underwear} Just my opinion, which is of no value except to me.
I couldn't even imagine how much work it must have been to get half of the stuff in this mod to work properly. So for that, Mark has my thanks for his dedication to this project, and for allowing me to fall in love with Doom all over again.
X-DOOM

Post by X-DOOM »

Just in case something very wrong happen for this project thread, i wanna thank Sergeant_Mark_IV for this mod, keep up on the work man and do not listen anyone who would be that much negative, it is not worth. As a develloper myself, i learned to ignore that kind of situation and it when better over after awhile. Then people get a better mood when you get things fixed or updated.
Yutrzenika

Post by Yutrzenika »

X-DOOM wrote:Just in case something very wrong happen for this project thread, i wanna thank Sergeant_Mark_IV for this mod, keep up on the work man and do not listen anyone who would be that much negative, it is not worth. As a develloper myself, i learned to ignore that kind of situation and it when better over after awhile. Then people get a better mood when you get things fixed or updated.
I'd also like to thank all the other people who worked hard on the mod.
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

Allow me to ask this question, and I don't even want to start an argument or anything

Clearly, regardless of which faction (duh) you're on, it is pretty obvious that both sides have been throwing shit at eachothers ever since this mod became popular. So instead of a mass "thank you sergeant mark" as if this was a state funeral or something, why not simply invite BOTH PARTIES to calm down?

Why side with one party, and thus ultimately continue this trend, meaning another argument WILL break out sometime in the future once again? (which, by the way, will only increase the likelihood of this thread being closed)

Think about it...
Hornetzero

Post by Hornetzero »

Hey Mark, I was just reading that inane Doom comic book that you based this off (Rip and Tear) and I noticed that when the Doom guy collects the BFG 9000, he shoots it on the Cyber Demon and makes Swiss cheese out of him (along with a nasty hole in his crotch). I realize that if people want that plasma rifle shotgun blast back so much, why not assign it as an alternate fire to the BFG 9000 and keep the flame thrower for the alt fire for Plasma rifle anyway. It will be a nice tribute to the comics.

Also, staying true to the comic, the flame thrower would be orange/yellow in color.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”