Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Re: Brütal Doom v0.18

Postby Valherran » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:43 pm

wildweasel wrote:
iVoid wrote:o.o wildweasel, you're usually fair with everyone, I can see you really try to do a good job as a moderator, but do you really think you're being fair here? Sergeant's response wasn't very mature but Valherran's comment was even worse, you did good to warn Sergeant but it is very unfair that you didn't warn Valherran as well...

I try my best to read every post that comes through the forum, but I do occasionally miss things. So that said, which post was it?

He is talking about this:

SSG is now shit, ok, confirmed, gotcha. :roll:

Nothing to warn here in my view as I cannot argue with someone who has already made up his mind and takes damn near everything as an insult. Same goes for my recent post.
Valherran

Postby iVoid » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:45 pm

Valherran wrote:
Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:SSG still is an effective weapon for mid-range against Imps and zombies, so, stop whinning. If you want range, use a normal shotgun instead.

This is the post I'm talking about, Sergeant tries to explain his opinion and Valherran replies like this. It isn't a personal attack (like Sergeant did afterwards) but it sure isn't constructive discussion.
iVoid

Postby iVoid » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:46 pm

Yes, that's the one. Valherran, come on, you mean to say you were being constructive? You need to learn to face your mistakes...

Like I said it wasn't an insult (personal attack) but it's stuff like this that push people to flame wars.
iVoid

Postby Valherran » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:48 pm

iVoid wrote:
Valherran wrote:
Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:SSG still is an effective weapon for mid-range against Imps and zombies, so, stop whinning. If you want range, use a normal shotgun instead.

This is the post I'm talking about, Sergeant tries to explain his opinion and Valherran replies like this. It isn't a personal attack (like Sergeant did afterwards) but it sure isn't constructive discussion.

He claimed I was whining, and that was not the case, therefor he got that response. He did not see it from my point of view and was only reading everyone else's posts that were against what I was trying to explain.
Valherran

Postby wildweasel » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:51 pm

As far as that sort of thing goes, I considered Sarge and Ostent's posts more worth pursuing, but I am by no means singling people out. I generally expect people to not be hostile around here, and there are no exceptions to this. Therefore, I'd really urge everybody to take a chill pill, step away from the thread for a while, and come back with a clearer head.
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby LegendaryFalco » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:42 pm

well that escalated quickly
LegendaryFalco

Postby Quadruplesword » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:31 pm

Dunno if this is a bug, but if you perform the left-right-kick combo with the fists, your next punch will always be the sweeping punch that you get from left-right-left, even if you switch weapons. Also, when setting down barrels with alt-fire, you lurch forward slightly, I'm guessing because an alt-fire punch causes you to move forward slightly. Nothing serious, but figured I'd report it anyway.
Quadruplesword

Postby Popsoap » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:00 pm

Ostent wrote:You guys are assholes. Mark has made one of the most technically impressive and refreshing doom mods of all time, worked his ass off for it and you berate him for having to deal with your petty bullshit? Get fucked.

I can tell you right now, I've seen way worse.
Popsoap
No! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby LegendaryFalco » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:08 pm

Popsoap wrote:
Ostent wrote:You guys are assholes. Mark has made one of the most technically impressive and refreshing doom mods of all time, worked his ass off for it and you berate him for having to deal with your petty bullshit? Get fucked.

I can tell you right now, I've seen way worse.

wow that was awful
LegendaryFalco

Postby Eric_ » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:33 pm

Ostent wrote:You guys are assholes. Mark has made one of the most technically impressive and refreshing doom mods of all time, worked his ass off for it and you berate him for having to deal with your petty bullshit?

Yeah, he put a whole lot of effort adding all those sprites other people made, all those sounds that other people made, and then making some of the most hideous code ever seen in a Doom mod to make it sort-of work. Very impressive. It's really impressive that he managed to credit everyone whose work he used and hide it in a place nobody will ever look - the second F1 screen. Did you know that there's an F1 screen replacement? Did you know that there's a second screen after the F1 screen with "credits"? Would you think to look there if you wanted to know who contributed what? Well, if you actually wanted to know that, too bad, because it's just a list of names. There's nothing in the mod itself, and even if there was, good luck finding it in that unholy mess. The text files accompanying the mod make no mention of credits, either, because that'd be too easy.

But yes, feel free to go on believing that Brutal Doom is 100% Mark's work. That's just what he wants you to think. Mike12? Blox? Nash? Perkristan? David G.? Who are those guys? This is "Sergeant_Mark_IV's BRUTAL DOOM", not "Sergeant_Mark_IV and 12 other people's BRUTAL DOOM".
Eric_
we just don't know.

Postby wildweasel » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:49 pm

No. You know what? No. I'm really not happy with the way this discussion is going. If nobody here can be civil without feeling obligated to point out every single possible flaw about each other, then I might as well just start making with the admin-warnings and thread locks.

I have no idea why I'm doing this, but against my better judgment, I'm going to leave the thread open - for now - under the expectation that everybody just stops with the arguments, the whining and bitching, and especially posts like Eric's here. If it turns out that one person still wants to be a jerk and ruin things for everybody else, then the thread's getting closed, because I'm serious, this is one of the worst threads I've had to deal with in my entire tenure as a ZDoom moderator.
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby armyman12345 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:58 pm

Agreed.
armyman12345
What the hell's regenerating health?

Postby Abba Zabba » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:01 pm

I 100% agree with Weasel. Sometimes I think the people who keep posting drama in this thread for the sake of drama solely subsist on it. Just stop, please.

Now that I got that off my shoulders, may I ask a question? Where are the headshot hitboxes stored? I'd like to modify BD to take them out, since imo it doesn't feel right to one shot a baron. Thanks in advance, as always.
Abba Zabba

Postby Popsoap » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:04 pm

Lava Grunt wrote:Now that I got that off my shoulders, may I ask a question? Where are the headshot hitboxes stored? I'd like to modify BD to take them out, since imo it doesn't feel right to one shot a baron. Thanks in advance, as always.

Its in a lump named HEAD_SYS.
Popsoap
No! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby X-DOOM » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:46 pm

wildweasel wrote:No. You know what? No. I'm really not happy with the way this discussion is going. If nobody here can be civil without feeling obligated to point out every single possible flaw about each other, then I might as well just start making with the admin-warnings and thread locks.

I have no idea why I'm doing this, but against my better judgment, I'm going to leave the thread open - for now - under the expectation that everybody just stops with the arguments, the whining and bitching, and especially posts like Eric's here. If it turns out that one person still wants to be a jerk and ruin things for everybody else, then the thread's getting closed, because I'm serious, this is one of the worst threads I've had to deal with in my entire tenure as a ZDoom moderator.

I agree with wildweasel about all this, but i have a better idea than closing this thread my friend... can you delete all those unwanted/hate post/replies that came here lately and clean all those crap out of here? This whole thread is by now ugly and unreadable and no fun to read in a project thread.
X-DOOM
Imp monger

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects