Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Re: Brütal Doom v0.18

Postby Sergeant_Mark_IV » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:01 am

Valherran wrote:
Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:SSG still is an effective weapon for mid-range against Imps and zombies, so, stop whinning. If you want range, use a normal shotgun instead.

SSG is now shit, ok, confirmed, gotcha. :roll:

The SSG can easily kill an imp from 10 meters. That's enough accuracy I think. Now please stop begin an infantile whiner.
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Worse than Hitler.
Banned User

Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Postby wildweasel » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:07 am

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:The SSG can easily kill an imp from 10 meters. That's enough accuracy I think. Now please stop begin an infantile whiner.

Your comments can easily kill civil discussion from 10 meters. Please stop insulting other users.
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Max Dickings » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:10 am

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:SSG still is an effective weapon for mid-range against Imps and zombies, so, stop whinning. If you want range, use a normal shotgun instead.

Makes perfect sense to me. Thankfully gives the regular shotgun a purpose even after you acquire the SSG.
Max Dickings

Postby LegendaryFalco » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:24 am

im still gonna go with the pump shotty is the most versatile weapon in brutal doom.. fast reload good headshot bonus amazing range for a shotgun damage is nice.. super shotty is still a beast 1 shotting cacos and the dreaded pain elemental is nice.. can also 1 shot a baron of hell, hell knight, mancubus, and revenant with 1 well placed point blank headshot however im gonna say an issue is for some reason you have to aim above a baron/knights head to score a 1SK
LegendaryFalco

Postby Sergeant_Mark_IV » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:04 am

wildweasel wrote:Your comments can easily kill civil discussion from 10 meters. Please stop insulting other users.

And what kind of civil discussion could come from an argument like that? Man, I'm just really sick of people having these childish attitudes towards me, like if I was Santa Claus, and I should add to this mod everything they ask me for, and if I don't, they all start treating me like "oh, its shit now. If you don't do what I am telling, I will not play it anymore". I'm tired of this shit, and this is how I am going to answer every question of this nature from now.
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Worse than Hitler.
Banned User

Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Postby PaskaTykki » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:05 am

I agree too SSG spread is too big. Single shot also have big spread. It must shoot very close to take full effect SSG.
PaskaTykki

Postby Hellstorm Archon » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:03 pm

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:
wildweasel wrote:Your comments can easily kill civil discussion from 10 meters. Please stop insulting other users.

And what kind of civil discussion could come from an argument like that? Man, I'm just really sick of people having these childish attitudes towards me, like if I was Santa Claus, and I should add to this mod everything they ask me for, and if I don't, they all start treating me like "oh, its shit now. If you don't do what I am telling, I will not play it anymore". I'm tired of this shit, and this is how I am going to answer every question of this nature from now.

No offense, but it's one thing having to constantly remind people that this feature won't be added because they think it will make the mod "sooper cool cod shitz", but it's another thing to act like an ass and develop a "my way or the highway" mindset.

So if that's how you plan to respond at every suggestion, as well as lash out at a moderator like that, you're looking at a permaban here.
Hellstorm Archon
Will debase self for street cred.

Discord: Man of Doom#4046

Postby wildweasel » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:19 pm

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:

Calling people childish whiners is not going to do any favors. Electing to ignore "whining" is fine, but likening your critics to bawling toddlers is not.
wildweasel
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Ostent » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:22 pm

You guys are assholes. Mark has made one of the most technically impressive and refreshing doom mods of all time, worked his ass off for it and you berate him for having to deal with your petty bullshit? Get fucked. Also, Protip, you can edit values in SLAD3 yourself, I do it all the time, right now I'm playing my own edited version of brutal doom, because I'm not a braindead moron.

Back to whats important, the new reverent and cacodemon deaths KICK ASS. All the little things in this version are amazing, but there are some bits that I think might be considered feature creep, and really mess with the flow.
Enemies coming back from the dead is annoying when it comes to shotgun guys and marines, but fucking frustrating when it's reverents. Killing them with a single up close Super shotgun shot has always been the most fun way to deal with them, especially if you manipulate and dodge their melee right before. But if you one shot them with the Super shotgun they enter that annoying as fuck last stand state, which is cool and I'm sure it was a bitch to program, but it's more annoying and frustrating than fun.
And the slower reload on the super shotgun combined with its nerfed accuracy makes it less fun. I know the point is to balance it more with the shotgun, but it's already well balanced, making it reload so slow just makes it less fun to use and as far as I'm concerned fun>all.
I love the new way the sighting works, it's quick and snappy so you can take those long shots with the shotgun, just like it should be.
The new combo system for melee is amazing, but I question whether or not upping the auto aim on them so much is a good idea, it makes it easier to hit things, and the snap-to targeting makes it feel chunkier, but at the same time it takes away some of the control, I'll find myself moving towards an enemy because ti forced me to, rather than by choice. This can be a bummer when I'm trying to hit a specific guy, or trying to do something fancy with that awesome left hook. By the way, punching out zombiemans throats is fucking cool.
The plasma flamethrower is really really fun but I don't think it's very economically viable. A bfg shot costs 40 cells, and a stream from the plasma sucks up about 50 in just a couple seconds, and doesn't do nearly as much damage. The miniguns alt fire is a better bunker clearer. Maybe give the mancubus cannon the flamethrower? It's situational enough to not be OP, but fun enough to be worth doing.
All of the new death animations are great, except for the default caco death, it looks really cheap for some reason, and out of place. But the new SSG kill for them is GREAT.

I love this mod and I love you man, keep it up and don't let these babies bother you.
Ostent

Postby wildweasel » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:29 pm

Ostent wrote:You guys are assholes. Mark has made one of the most technically impressive and refreshing doom mods of all time, worked his ass off for it and you berate him for having to deal with your petty bullshit? Get fucked. Also, Protip, you can edit values in SLAD3 yourself, I do it all the time, right now I'm playing my own edited version of brutal doom, because I'm not a braindead moron.

What I've said above goes as well for you. We do not appreciate users calling each other hurtful things. Consider this an informal warning.
wildweasel
Moderator Team Lead

Postby iVoid » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:45 pm

wildweasel wrote:
Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:The SSG can easily kill an imp from 10 meters. That's enough accuracy I think. Now please stop begin an infantile whiner.

Your comments can easily kill civil discussion from 10 meters. Please stop insulting other users.

o.o wildweasel, you're usually fair with everyone, I can see you really try to do a good job as a moderator, but do you really think you're being fair here? Sergeant's response wasn't very mature but Valherran's comment was even worse, you did good to warn Sergeant but it is very unfair that you didn't warn Valherran as well...
iVoid

Postby Lance » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:58 pm

I can see if Mark doesn't wanna add extra features to his mod, but he can at least learn to take constructive criticism about it in a positive manner. Jeez...
People here are just trying to help out. >_>
Lance

Postby Yutrzenika » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:04 pm

iVoid wrote:
wildweasel wrote:

o.o wildweasel, you're usually fair with everyone, I can see you really try to do a good job as a moderator, but do you really think you're being fair here? Sergeant's response wasn't very mature but Valherran's comment was even worse, you did good to warn Sergeant but it is very unfair that you didn't warn Valherran as well...

Weasel makes it pretty clear that if you act like a child you'll be treated like one. Even if he doesn't directly acknowledge Valherran, I think he'll get the idea.

Lance wrote:I can see if Mark doesn't wanna add extra features to his mod, but he can at least learn to take constructive criticism about it in a positive manner. Jeez...
People here are just trying to help out. >_>

Well being rude and saying "It's shit now" isn't really going to win you any points, but in general, yes, it's good to not be egotistical, and accept criticism as a positive thing, not as an insult. Criticism can help improve something drastically if it's taken into consideration.

That said, I think it'd be best to put this behind us and get back on topic.
Yutrzenika

Postby Valherran » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:16 pm

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:

Where do you come up with these assumptions...

@picture above: If you actually read my posts, you would know what I was talking about, that pic is not what I am talking about.
Valherran

Postby wildweasel » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:26 pm

iVoid wrote:o.o wildweasel, you're usually fair with everyone, I can see you really try to do a good job as a moderator, but do you really think you're being fair here? Sergeant's response wasn't very mature but Valherran's comment was even worse, you did good to warn Sergeant but it is very unfair that you didn't warn Valherran as well...

I try my best to read every post that comes through the forum, but I do occasionally miss things. So that said, which post was it?
wildweasel
Moderator Team Lead

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects