Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
amv2k9

Re: Brutal Doom v0.9b

Post by amv2k9 »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:...and iron sights for Shotgun sounds pretty useless.
Unless you could switch between shells and slugs, yeah.
Big C

Post by Big C »

And the slot 2 Rifle I think already fulfills the role that shotgun slugs would provide.
Xanirus

Post by Xanirus »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:About the binding problems, it happened to me, not only with BrutalDoom, but with many other mods (including xxx-mercenaries, and beautiful doom). When it happens with me, I just delete my config file, and reconfigure the whole thing, and everything works fine again. I think it's more an engine bug than the mod itself.
Yeah, it's just that I'm playing so many awesome mods I would be configuring that like crazy.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

I'm looking at the [wiki]KEYCONF[/wiki] now to see what might be the problem.

1. I'm 99.99% this isn't causing it, but while I'm at it there's a typo: "Tauting"

2. Everything is being saved in the ini under "MySampleKeysection". When I replaced the names in the weaponsections with BrutalDoom and BrutalDoomFatalityControl respectively, I managed to start, bind, quit and restart and it kept my binds.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Are the trees supposed to burn infinitely? It doesn't cause any big performance hit for me, but it looks real stupid that the tree just burns and burns and burns and burns and oh god why won't it fucking STOP. Make it stop burning sometime. Oh, and also, how about making the trees burst in green flames when a Hell Noble hits it, and make it vaporise when a Caco hits it?

Speaking of flames, could you make an option to turn off the sparking sounds? Because in some maps where there are over 10 torches near eachother, it's very, VERY annoying to hear "BURNBURNBURNBURN" gnawing on your ears while consuming your sanity bit for bit.
bwc153

Post by bwc153 »

Hello, I've found some interesting bugs, both have to do with the Kick feature.

- Kicking with a weapon that creates marks on the walls will cause your kick to cause that mark on the wall... (kick causing bulletholes, haven't tried yet with rocket launcher, BFG, or plasmarifle)

- Kicking with a Chainsaw, and hitting an enemy, causes the chainsaw to get bloody. Just saw this is caused by the monster bleeding close to you, I should read more before posting! :|

Also a suggestion, although this would be merely a taste to some and not entirely worth the effort (depending on how many people use them, actually), but could you replace/update NPC marines too? I personally love to play on Ultraviolence, with respawn enabled and use those guys to help a bit (although, their usefulness at times is debatable against tougher monsters), but seeing these guys be enhanced in some aspect (probably gore) would be pretty neat.
I know you are probably busy, and this is just one guy's request, so unless you had a lot of time on your hands you don't have to think of this as something to implement.

Thank you for your time reading this, and working on the mod.

Signed,
bwc153
Last edited by bwc153 on Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:The chainsaw getting bloody when attacked, this will only happen if a monster bleed too close of you. The way I managed to make the chainsaw blood, is the same I used to make blood splash in the screen when you fire too close a monster. This is a colateral effect, but only happens in few rare cases.
Well, now that you put it that way, it does make sense. And yes, I know the iron sights for the shotgun is pretty useless,
I just like the feel of it (it is not something the mod absolutely has to have at all). BTW I noticed that some of the shell casings magically disapear right after they hit the ground, they don't even stay visible for 3 seconds. :D
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

bwc153 wrote:- Kicking with a weapon that creates marks on the walls will cause your kick to cause that mark on the wall... (kick causing bulletholes, haven't tried yet with rocket launcher, BFG, or plasmarifle)
Just to toss out a possibly-helpful hand, this can be fixed by putting the decals on the weapons' puffs/projectiles rather than the weapon itself.
Viscra Maelstrom

More bugs:
When killing Mancs and Arachs tagged to lower the floor when all are killed on map 07, it won't lower. I could be wrong, though, as it worked on one level, but not on another.
When performing a fatality on a enemy when below 25 health, it is possible to get stuck in the thrid-person view until you can heal up to 26 again.
What does the Complete Invisibilty do? It doesn't maek you completely invisible; it only gives you the same benefits the Blur Sphere gives you, 'cept half the time when having it.
Big C

Post by Big C »

A brief diversion:

FINISH HIM!

(P.S. Add Friendalities and Babalities to Brutal Doom plox. :P)
Viscra Maelstrom

Also, just in case this haven't been said before: this mod is truly the most hard-core, sadistic, goriest and violent piece of virtual entertainment that has ever existed in this world. :twisted:
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

@Vaecrius: Interesting, Could you copy-paste the KEYINFO lump you made?

@Doomhuntress: Yes, they are. Actually, wood can burn for many hours. And I like the burn with green fire idea. I don't know how to make such an option, but I think I will reduce their volume.

@bwc153: Yes, I can do the Marine thing for you. It doesnt take too much time actually.

@Zombieguy: Are you sure those casings are not hitting the water?

@Xaser: I didn't knew about that. Thanks.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Spoiler:
Xim

Post by Xim »

Big C wrote:A brief diversion:

video

FINISH HIM!

(P.S. Add Friendalities and Babalities to Brutal Doom plox. :P)
I fucking laugh my ass off at the ending there, hilarious!
Big C

Post by Big C »

Just saw the mutation player death for the first time.

Holy shit. LITERAL facemelting. And everything else-melting, too.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”