Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Re: Brütal Doom v0.16 - Cruelty Bonus!

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

Technically it's an instrumental, so it's not exactly copyrighted. :P

@The MBF Dog:
I'll PM you a rock song instrumental from a song that's not so overused, as well as it'll suit the pseudo-futuristic/extremely violent vibe of Brutal Doom. :)
UnitedCheesecake

Post by UnitedCheesecake »

Somehow, I still didn't get my answer. Why have the fingers on the shotgun reverted to pre 0.15. Does the doomguy have so much skin on his fingers that it covers his nails and makes his hand look like it's a glove?
Naitguolf

Post by Naitguolf »

DapperDan wrote:So, I can't play Brutal Doom. It's not because of any technical issue or anything. But the player's grunts of pain when he gets hit are just so d@mn loud and obnoxious, it makes it impossible for me to enjoy the game. I'm not the best at the game, so I get hit a LOT, and every time I get this annoying pain grunt that's louder than every other sound in the game and it hurts my ears. When are we going to get an option to turn this down so I can play the game? How can I change it manually by turning it down, removing it, or replacing it with the vanilla pain sound?
This, please.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

I swapped out the pain sounds with just the regular ones. If you guys want I can upload my version of v.16 which has a few sounds replaced/tweaked enemies (little bit weaker and closer to vanilla Doom). What's a good filehost?
southpark2010

Post by southpark2010 »

-Ghost- wrote:I swapped out the pain sounds with just the regular ones. If you guys want I can upload my version of v.16 which has a few sounds replaced/tweaked enemies (little bit weaker and closer to vanilla Doom). What's a good filehost?
I choose Mediafire.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

For this thing? http://files.drdteam.org
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

TheDarkArchon wrote:For this thing? http://files.drdteam.org
note, you should register an account or it'll complain that your file's too big.
PaskaTykki

Post by PaskaTykki »

I test with GZdoom Brutal Doom. GZdoom doenst have load crash bug like Skulltag, but why GZdoom is laggy when map start?
Zero X. Diamond

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

Hellstorm Archon wrote:Technically it's an instrumental, so it's not exactly copyrighted. :P
Um... I hate to break it to you, but instrumentals are still subject to copyright law. Even if it's not by a recognized band, they're still generally owned by a company that licenses the pieces out, generally for considerably less than would cost you for a known song. It's called production music and if you look it up, you'll see that this is indeed the case. If you really, really want to leave copyright behind, look on the Web Archive in their audio section. They've got a whole area dedicated to self-made music that's available for free under Creative Commons licenses.
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

Come on guys. Is this seriously the first time someone's used copyrighted music in their videos?
Zero X. Diamond

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

I personally don't care what song he uses in his video. I'm just pointing out that the statement "Technically it's an instrumental, so it's not exactly copyrighted" is incorrect and in a situation where that kind of thing actually DOES matter, it would probably be best to be properly informed.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Shit, Hellstorm Archon was being serious about that copyright remark!? :shock:

@PaskaTykki: Do you get a black screen for 1/3 of a second before GZDoom starts? I started getting that in a subversion a couple weeks back...
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Download link for regular Doomguy pain sounds and a few other sound/gameplay tweaks is up. http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... mv016b.pk3 It's just my personal version of BD v16b.
shellshock

Post by shellshock »

There is a bug with a pistol addon: when you use a meat shield, an assault rifle still appears, having its unlimited ammo.
Also, I suggest a little tip how to make a pistol more useful. Its to reduce its holster time to instant. In this way you can shot an enemy down quickly when your main weapon is out of ammo in the moment.
PaskaTykki

Post by PaskaTykki »

Vaecrius wrote:PaskaTykki: Do you get a black screen for 1/3 of a second before GZDoom starts? I started getting that in a subversion a couple weeks back...
I dont have that problem. This problem seems like sound make that game laggy. Everytime when i load game game. It lagg when sound play first time, and then game work smoothly when that sound is played. Most problem is it when appear many different monsters. Its lagg alot if they sounds are not played yet. It lagg when i take much hit. (Especially when take hit from Chaingunner) When those all sounds are played game work fine. But i load game and it seem loading those sounds again and start lagg. :roll:

GZdoom: Have lagg issue with sounds.
Skulltag: Have very annoying load crash bug.

Sight cant play because those problems. :|

Edit: If i remember correctly. When you uninstall Skulltag and install Skulltag again. Skulltag also have those sound lagg problem, but lag end when sound is played. GZdoom always start lagg when load game or new map begin. :|

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”