Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Mike12

Re: Brütal Doom v0.17: Brutal Halloween Edition

Post by Mike12 »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:
Mike12 wrote:'Doh, gonna miss the old plasma deaths i did. But at least I won't have to draw any more, I suppose.
No. This is just for the zombies and imps. For the big monsters I will keep it.
Oh okay, sweet. I'll get around to the rest of them then. Speaking of which, I still have the plasma death for the pinkie demon on my HD.

edit: assuming I can find the damn thing...
Last edited by Mike12 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

Kinsie wrote:you goddamn sociopath.
You openly said that you would like to see me DEAD because of an internet joke, and I am the sociopath? huh?
As I said, let's stop with this. I don't think that another thread clean up is necessary at this point.

(Also warned because perpetuating an argument is just as bad as starting one.)
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

It's better to just ignore them, Sgt. Don't let it shit the thread up.

Anyway, are there any plans to bring back individual pickups sounds and such? It was a little touch, but I miss it from the earliest versions of BD. I'd do it myself, but I don't really know how. :P
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I do not want to have to clean this thread again, god damn it.
esselfortium

Post by esselfortium »

Why are you taking on-topic discussion about the project out of the thread and sweeping it under the rug into the auto-prune subforum, if I may ask?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I'd rather the discussion be about the actual mod itself and not continuing an argument about one comment line, alright? The warns have been issued and I am sick to death of it already.

(Might I add, you're not helping things either by whining about it here.)
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

Mike12 wrote:
Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:
Mike12 wrote:'Doh, gonna miss the old plasma deaths i did. But at least I won't have to draw any more, I suppose.
No. This is just for the zombies and imps. For the big monsters I will keep it.
Oh okay, sweet. I'll get around to the rest of them then. Speaking of which, I still have the plasma death for the pinkie demon on my HD.

edit: assuming I can find the damn thing...
Ah, here it is, assuming it's still of any use:
doom_is_great

Post by doom_is_great »

Hmm...I prefer the older plasma deaths honestly. These ones seem less realistic to me. The other ones look better.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:For V18, I'm thinking about changing the plasma deaths. These ones are not just more realistic, but also requires less GPU processing since much less smoke is spawned, and will be better for people using old computers. The old ones will still be used in Ultimate Brutal Arsenal as death animations for some heavy plasma weapons.
As I've just mentioned on Youtube and Facebook, I am quite in favour of this... the old plasma death gibs always felt kind of weightless to me. (so on that note I'd actually rather see this on the big monsters too)
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Vaecrius wrote:
Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:For V18, I'm thinking about changing the plasma deaths. These ones are not just more realistic, but also requires less GPU processing since much less smoke is spawned, and will be better for people using old computers. The old ones will still be used in Ultimate Brutal Arsenal as death animations for some heavy plasma weapons.
As I've just mentioned on Youtube and Facebook, I am quite in favour of this... the old plasma death gibs always felt kind of weightless to me. (so on that note I'd actually rather see this on the big monsters too)
About the Brutal Arsenal... Is that being worked on next after the V0.18 release?
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

Vaecrius wrote:
I'm actually hoping to work on some messier/more unique plasma death animations for the bigger monsters to make them a bit 'heavier'. Having the high-tier monsters gib like the low-level ones would be a little odd, i imagine.
grindfish

Post by grindfish »

Regarding large enemy gibs, the cyber demon definitely needs more chunks for his standard explosive death. Bits of arm, robo leg, a head you can pick up and sing to, that sort of thing,..
doom_is_great

Post by doom_is_great »

I prefer the old plasma deaths actually. It was cool to mow down an entire mob of zombies with the plasma gun and have them be reduced to lumps of coal. Make this a mutator please so everyone can be happy.
doom_is_great

Post by doom_is_great »

grindfish wrote:Regarding large enemy gibs, the cyber demon definitely needs more chunks for his standard explosive death. Bits of arm, robo leg, a head you can pick up and sing to, that sort of thing,..
Yeah definately. The spider mastermind's death is just right. IIRC there are lots of gibs left over after the spider mastermind explodes. The cyberdemon should leave more gibs behind after he explodes.
grindfish

Post by grindfish »

is there any possibility you could make a mutator that stops removal of sprites/decals, ie all the blood and bullet holes and gibs and what not? Basically a complete opposite of the janitor mutator? Would love to see just how far i could push my computer with ridiculous gore piles....

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”