Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
MrBoroda

Re: Brütal Doom v0.17: Brutal Halloween Edition

Post by MrBoroda »

If I remember correctly, there was a centaur-like monster in some version. Have you removed it?
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

MrBoroda wrote:If I remember correctly, there was a centaur-like monster in some version. Have you removed it?
The Belphagor? Haven't really seen that thing around myself when Skulltag went away.
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

These monsters are still there, just not begin used. Open the console and type Summon LordBelphegor or Summon Juggernaut

Grindfish, yes, I can do it.
Narko

Post by Narko »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:These monsters are still there, just not begin used. Open the console and type Summon LordBelphegor or Summon Juggernaut

Grindfish, yes, I can do it.
How would I go about putting the Juggernaut and Belphegor in a map btw?
Sergeant_Mark_IV

Currently, there's no way.
You need to create a DECORATE actor that will spawn it in-game. Something like

Code: Select all

Actor BelphegorSpawner 2747
{
+NOCLIP
Radius 0
Height 0
States
{
Spawn:
TNT1 A 0 A_SpawnItem("LordBelphegor")
Stop
}
}
Quadruplesword

Post by Quadruplesword »

The wait for v18 is killing me. I told myself I was going to wait until Mark released v18 before I started my play through of Plutonia Revisited, but I might just break down and start it now because I really want to play it.

Really looking forward to v18, by the way :D . New plasma deaths still look as brutal as ever and won't bog down my performance like the old plasma deaths did.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Zandronum still doesn't have RandomSpawners? o_O
Sergeant_Mark_IV

I decided to make a new balance of things. I reduced the damage of everything a bit, and in special, reduced the damage of hitscanners. They are still twice as deadly than in Vanilla, but yet 1/3 as deadly than in 0.17/ half as deadly than in 0.15.
The old damage values can be restored using the new difficulty level that will be inserted. I did a test this wednesday, and I was able to finish Speed of Doom Map20 on UV in 20 minutes, so I think it's good now. Any thoughts?

Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

It appears the glitch where sprites appear transparent and flicker through the blood splat models on the floor in the gzdoom version still occurs despite the fact smooth sprite edges is set to off.
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:I decided to make a new balance of things. I reduced the damage of everything a bit, and in special, reduced the damage of hitscanners. They are still twice as deadly than in Vanilla, but yet 1/3 as deadly than in 0.17/ half as deadly than in 0.15.
The old damage values can be restored using the new difficulty level that will be inserted. I did a test this wednesday, and I was able to finish Speed of Doom Map20 on UV in 20 minutes, so I think it's good now. Any thoughts?

It looks like it should balance out fairly well; the increased hitscan damage probably isn't as necessary now that the hitscan enemy AI is improved.
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

Zombies and imps being knocked by explosion or kick(?) can get stuck on top of objects like the barrel seen here.

Courtesy thejoshmon from DW for posting it on Youtube.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

well, because about that barrel. it's soiled actor too.
by the way such a epic revenge at 0:12.
i'm recommeding a type kill monsters and quit the game.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Mike12 wrote:
Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:I decided to make a new balance of things. I reduced the damage of everything a bit, and in special, reduced the damage of hitscanners. They are still twice as deadly than in Vanilla, but yet 1/3 as deadly than in 0.17/ half as deadly than in 0.15.

It looks like it should balance out fairly well; the increased hitscan damage probably isn't as necessary now that the hitscan enemy AI is improved.
This.
VicRattlehead

Post by VicRattlehead »

Haven't had the chance to play the latest test versions, but on test2, the corpses of revenants which are killed with headshots can't be gibbed and you cannot extract revenant launchers from them.

EDIT: Okay, they can be gibbed after all, the hitbox of the corpse just confused me. Apparently I have to aim for the legs.
Last edited by VicRattlehead on Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Vaecrius wrote:Zandronum still doesn't have RandomSpawners? o_O
It does, actually!

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”