Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Amuscaria

Re: Brutal Doom v0.9b

Post by Amuscaria »

Ethril wrote:and let's not get into the brown sludge floors
Pools of demon excrement filled with hell-enhanced strains of e-coli and other flesh eating microbes? :D
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Eriance wrote:Pools of demon excrement filled with hell-enhanced strains of e-coli and other flesh eating microbes? :D
Map30: Icon of Shit?
Big C

Post by Big C »

Now I'm imagining the forces of Hell weaponizing Goatse.

I could have gone without imagining that.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Boss Butt?
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

Vaecrius wrote:Boss Butt?
(In the) John Roderriero?

That's horrible... :laff:

Been hearing a lot of praise for this project. Sounds like overkill for me, but I might give it a try sometime. :P
plesi42

Post by plesi42 »

Well first of all, I've been following Brutal Doom for a while, and I must say that I really love it. It's a must-have-loaded mod now for me :D

Ok now, I've been experiencing a problem lately. Basically, the game just ignores the max ammo limits for all the weapons. I've been running around with 2500+ chaingun rounds, 200+ shotgun shells, etc.
This is kind of a minor problem, but the really "interesting" thing is that the super shotgun doesn't need to reload at all if I'm above 100 shells. This makes it an incredibly Overpowered Machineshotgun of Death.
Everything else works fine, and I'm not using anything more than Brutal Doom v0.10 (for GZDoom, and I noticed this since the 0.9 version)

Do you guys have any idea about how to fix this?
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

What version of GZDoom are you using? That might be the first thing to have a look at.
plesi42

Post by plesi42 »

Gzdoom 1.5.6 (r1111)

Also, it was working fine before (Brutal Doom version 0.8)
Big C

Post by Big C »

Vaecrius wrote:Boss Butt?
I'm suddenly remembering Maes' "Forced and Painful Chocolate Shotgun" that he posted on Doomworld.
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

@BigC: The ZDoom Marines will retreat when melee enemies are so close to them (In The GZDoom version only. Unfortunely, this is not supported in Skulltag)

@Xanirus: Turning rockets in grenades instantly with magic sounds weird. But maybe I can do something like throwing the rocket without starting its propeller to act like a short ranged grenade.
Yes, I gotta update that old MP40. I haven't touched it since 0.6. Thanks for the advice :P

@Vaecrius: I didn't had got your code before the update, but it will be added on the next one. Thanks a lot.

@Daman: Hmm.. intressting code. I'm gonna try something with it.

@Ethril: Actually, I think I should make other death animation for him getting drowned. Not just the default one without blood.

@plesi42: Maybe your configs? I never seen any repport like this.

Guys, IF I can manage to make different sector damage deaths, here are my ideas:

- Slime: same as current generic one, but with green smoke. (The Acid is melting Doomguy's flesh).
- Blue Water/Brown Water/Shit: The sicknes and vermins in the water completely destroys Doomguy's from inside, it makes him skin gets purple in some exposed parts (In this case, the arms), he removes his helmet, and vomits blood, until he dies by hemorragia.
- Blood: Exactly same as current one. (Boiling blood, melts his flesh)
- Lava: Igniates in flames, turning into ashes that slowly disolves in the lava.
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

Big C wrote:Now I'm imagining the forces of Hell weaponizing Goatse.
Or 2 Imps 1 Cup? ........:puke:.......... Yeah, no.
NeuralStunner wrote:Map30: Icon of Shit?
That joke, sir, is epic win has therefore made my day. :lol:
Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:Guys, IF I can manage to make different sector damage deaths, here are my ideas:

- Slime: same as current generic one, but with green smoke. (The Acid is melting Doomguy's flesh).
- Blue Water/Brown Water/Shit: The sicknes and vermins in the water completely destroys Doomguy's from inside, it makes him skin gets purple in some exposed parts (In this case, the arms), he removes his helmet, and vomits blood, until he dies by hemorragia.
- Blood: Exactly same as current one. (Boiling blood, melts his flesh)
- Lava: Igniates in flames, turning into ashes that slowly disolves in the lava.
Well, judging by how you could experiment with TERRAIN, DECORATE, and things like that, it could sound feasable.

By the way, those deaths sound nasty. I like. :twisted:
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

A couple of suggestions:
Could you put this on wadhost.fathax?
And also, it would be cool if this mod had a flashlight attachment for dark areas, doom has always needed one. :p
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

Zombieguy wrote:And also, it would be cool if this mod had a flashlight attachment for dark areas, doom has always needed one. :p
[wiki=ClassesInfrared]*Cough*[/wiki]
Big C

Post by Big C »

@Sergeant: Vaecrius' Hideous Destructor mod has a pretty good reasoning for its rocket launcher can also fire grenades. The rockets have more impact damage from higher velocity, but less splash explosion from using more propellent. Grenade mode has more splash damage from extra unused propellant, but does less impact damage.

Also, you still haven't implemented reloading for the rocket launcher, I see.

Also also, I think the plasma rifle could do with less ammo per magazine. As it is it seems at least as spammy as the chaingun. Maybe 80 shots instead of 100 per magazine?

Also also also, those floordeaths are METAL AS FUCK.

Lolwut. Cake was definitely not what I wrote, but I'm laughing too hard right now so I can't complain.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Big C wrote:Lolwut. Cake was definitely not what I wrote, but I'm laughing too hard right now so I can't complain.
That'd be the (optional) language filter at work. =P

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”