Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
RV-007

Re: Brütal Doom v0.15a Hotfix

Post by RV-007 »

DOOMGuy007 wrote:Yeah, but how come no muzzle flash for Pistol? Fine, I will have to make my OWN kek'n addon for Brutal DOOM won't I? WON'T I??
I don't recall muzzle flashes with any gun of brutal doom or the beretta M92_FS, but I know the use of muzzle flash in the dark.
Jumprex1996

Post by Jumprex1996 »

I made a few sprites for zooming of a shotgun. I wanted to be kept in realism. free to use, if someone want.
Attachments
shotgunzoom.png
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

Jumprex1996 wrote:I made a few sprites for zooming of a shotgun. I wanted to be kept in realism. free to use, if someone want.
That looks good, but it should connect a bit better with the back part on the last couple frames
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

This isn't a request or anything, but are some shotguns able to adjust the spread of their shot? Does the doom shotgun look like it can do this? It'd be interesting for short/long range work in-game.
Dan50

Post by Dan50 »

Maybe slug/buckshot/other ammo rounds :P
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Yeah the doom shotgun always seemed oddly accurate anyway so I just wasn't sure if it was already using some different kind of ammo or adjustment.
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

-Ghost- wrote:This isn't a request or anything, but are some shotguns able to adjust the spread of their shot? Does the doom shotgun look like it can do this? It'd be interesting for short/long range work in-game.
Dan50 wrote:Maybe slug/buckshot/other ammo rounds :P
The shotgun from WGRealms2 does that; slugs when your zoomed in, shells when you're not.
JimmyJ

Post by JimmyJ »

-Ghost- wrote:Yeah the doom shotgun always seemed oddly accurate anyway so I just wasn't sure if it was already using some different kind of ammo or adjustment.
Real shotguns are actually rather accurate, if they weren't, people would have a damn hard time hunting with them.
Cream-of-Plenty

Post by Cream-of-Plenty »

-Ghost- wrote:This isn't a request or anything, but are some shotguns able to adjust the spread of their shot? Does the doom shotgun look like it can do this? It'd be interesting for short/long range work in-game.
Shotguns can adjust their spread by using something called a choke, which can tighten / loosen the spread of buckshot. There are certain chokes that can be adjusted on the fly (without being removed), but generally it involves a wrench and is relatively cumbersome. Certainly not something you would be doing in the middle of demon-slaying. :D

I'm not sure what Brutal Doom's shotgun is supposed to be--or what it's inspired by--but in all likelihood it would be able to receive a choke. Most can.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Cream-of-Plenty wrote:
Shotguns can adjust their spread by using something called a choke, which can tighten / loosen the spread of buckshot. There are certain chokes that can be adjusted on the fly (without being removed), but generally it involves a wrench and is relatively cumbersome. Certainly not something you would be doing in the middle of demon-slaying. :D

I'm not sure what Brutal Doom's shotgun is supposed to be--or what it's inspired by--but in all likelihood it would be able to receive a choke. Most can.
Why don't we make an excuse that this shotgun had an easily adjustable choke to explain that? I mean, this IS the future. So there. :D
The only glitch that he would have to fix is the kick glitch (Step 1:Zoom in Step 2: kick Step 3:?????? Step4: PROFIT!)
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

Assuming Sarge thinks its a good idea. It may not really add anything to the game, or may be made redundant by another weapon's function/make another weapon's function redundant.
Cream-of-Plenty

Post by Cream-of-Plenty »

insightguy wrote: Why don't we make an excuse that this shotgun had an easily adjustable choke to explain that? I mean, this IS the future. So there. :D
The only glitch that he would have to fix is the kick glitch (Step 1:Zoom in Step 2: kick Step 3:?????? Step4: PROFIT!)
amv2k9 wrote:Assuming Sarge thinks its a good idea. It may not really add anything to the game, or may be made redundant by another weapon's function/make another weapon's function redundant.
The strangely named "FEBA" mod for Unreal Tournament '99 had a weapon that was basically "Science-Fiction Shotgun" except it was very industrial looking and shot "shrapnel" instead of buckshot. Right-clicking would allow you to switch between three choke patterns. Why? Because if you tightened the choke, bam, you had a shotgun that could hit targets at further distances, and if you loosened the choke, you could have a wildly inaccurate scattergun that was perfect for close quarters.

It was an interesting theory, but nobody used it in practical application. I'm also of the opinion that, if a choke setting of "1" is a normal pump action-shotgun spread, then a choke setting of "0" would bogart the DB's function while a choke setting of "2" would do the same for the default rifle. It doesn't seem like Sarge is too keen to having weapons become redundant like that.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

I would think that the choke will only be adjusted on zoom: ADS=tighter spread for long distances and cleaner headshots
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Well we've already got the rifle for more long distance shots, I was just curious. :P BD's balance is basically super shotgun for close quarters, rifle for long range, and regular shotgun for in between.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Was being a d-bag here, just enjoy the demotivationals.
Spoiler: demotivation ahoy!
Last edited by insightguy on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”