The TRUE Squishy's Monster Bag Project

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Squishy's Monster Bag Project

Post by NeuralStunner »

My gut tells me...
Spoiler:
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

xwe isnt completely terribad. the best way not to have the xwe monster eat your yummy wads is to not have a doom editor or any lump editor open while xwe is open. I use slumped personally, but the only problem i have with slumped is sometimes clicking on lumps that havnt been saved or just got added to your wad will sometimes crash the editor. but i constantly save my slumped work so i dont run into that problem much.

as for the wad itself, it does look alot like omg weapon and monsters. imo the wad is too bright and colorful, having too many monsters with only 1 color.

but as long as the monsters are all unique and differant from one another i can look past the gay parade of colors =P.
keep up the wad anyhow theres still room for improvement =D
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

Squishybrick wrote:But my gut tells me they're crap anyway, so don't try promoting it here...
TOO BAD
and much more!

goddamn i need to stop taking such huge snapshots
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

Squishybrick wrote: I always ALWAYS use xwe... I've never heard of a program called slade or slumped.. But my gut tells me they're crap anyway, so don't try promoting it here...
your gut has issues then
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Squishybrick wrote:*smirks, sitting back waiting for the overflow of angry nerd comments that I won't bother reading seriously.* 8-)
I'm sorry, but you entirely deserve your WAD being corrupted if you're this hostile towards people who are giving you useful suggestions. I almost issued you an Official Board Warning for your attitude, but thought better of it - please do not try to make me feel as if I did the wrong thing by doing this.
koverhbarc

Post by koverhbarc »

How does XWE 'eat' a WAD anyway? I don't see how that's possible just randomly.

I like XWE since it allows you to create and edit text lumps immediately, and it doesn't demand an IWAD to run.
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

Usually when XWE eats a wad, it's because of a crash during the saving process. The easiest way to cause issues is to accidently open a wad that's also opened by, say, Doom Builder II.

Slade 3 is my perferred tool these days. It does all XWE has ever done for me.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

koverhbarc wrote:I like XWE since it allows you to create and edit text lumps immediately, and it doesn't demand an IWAD to run.
SLADE 3 does as well.
Squishybrick

Post by Squishybrick »

Well, all that aside, here's my 2 cents in rebuttal...

To the yellow guy..
I ain't hostile towards people giving good advice, I'm hostile towards people in general, because I'm severely socially inept, and basically a shut-in.. (Not by choice) Does that mean my hard work deserves to be destroyed?.. Heck no.. Does that mean I get repeatedly booted from every community I try and jump in?.. Heck yes.. But the key point is.. I'm not going to be stopped.. I'm gonna keep getting booted, and jumping in other communities till that one messed up part of my brain clicks, and I magically become like everyone else.. This doesn't happen by browsing forums and chatrooms while silently mocking them in jealousy.. Ya have to jump in and make people angry, so they can tell you why they're angry, while you reflect on it 3 days later in a Epiphany...
Sadly, no community has patience to deal with my "One mistake at a time" learning approach, so I end up away.. So you do the rest of the math, while I stay
the course and cross my fingers... (If it helps, let's just say I've come a ways from just blatantly snapping at whoever's in charge for no apparent reason)

To everyone else...
According to that screenshot, that program has nothing XWE doesn't have, except maybe for better compatability and an easier interface..
I'm used to XWE, I can handle it.. But if slumped and slade are what everyone else is using, fine, I'll try it.. Anyway, to compensate for lost time/data,
I'm now implimenting dimensional mini-bosses to my wad, to spice things up.. I've only made the chrono boss currently, and god he looks sexy...
Think "Golden diabloist fused with that black mage demon from hexen".. I don't think I can impliment mini-bosses correctly without some major work, but
I'll see what I can do once I've made the chrono dimension. (30% done with that)

EDIT: Oh, by the way.. The real reason XWE ate my wad is from what CAUSES XWE to eat a wad.. Improperly dragged item while editing something..
And since I have a mouse with that very specific problem.. Eheh... B-but it was an accident that time.. I've trained myself to adapt to use alternate methods
of moving files, so it won't happen again..
Squishybrick

Post by Squishybrick »

Hey, what gives? Both download locations for slade AND slumped just gives you chunks of data related to the program, but whenever I try to RUN it, it never works! I try giving it the missing DLLs, and it still throws a fit... .. I knew I was right to trust my gut...
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

Your gut is incapable of reading and scrolling down a page, then.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Squishybrick wrote:Hey, what gives? Both download locations for slade AND slumped just gives you chunks of data related to the program, but whenever I try to RUN it, it never works! I try giving it the missing DLLs, and it still throws a fit... .. I knew I was right to trust my gut...
All it means is that you need to download the Visual C++ 2010 runtimes, which are linked from Slade 3's own page. For convenience, here is a more convenient link.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Squishybrick wrote:Well, all that aside, here's my 2 cents in rebuttal...
Dear Squishybrick,

Fuck you.

Being a random internet stranger myself, I really can't speak for any condition or situation you may or may not have, but the mere fact that you're utilizing them as an excuse to not attempt to treat people like human beings is a serious slap to the face to anyone in a similar situation who is actually trying to live well. Your attitude is the most disgusting and vile one I've heard of in a long while, and the fact that you yourself realize this and consciously choose to continue entertaining such psychotic notions is a level of misguidedness I won't even fathom. Continuing to act in this way is never, ever going to do anything more than stir flames and bring arbitrary, needless, pointless, and completely-uncalled-for rage in everyone you come in contact with.

Please do everyone a favor: The next time you consider entering any new community with this particular attitude of yours, don't. Fix it. And leave here, while you're at it.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Actually yes, well said, Xaser. I can't stand it when people try to excuse their behavior by claiming to be autistic, or have Asperger's. No, that's almost never the cause.

Also, enjoy your Official Board Warning. Hell of a trollbait, sir.
BouncyTEM
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Post by BouncyTEM »

[tldr rant]

Dear squishybrick,

Normally, I don't get hostile towards people, but, damn it, you've struck a serious nerve with me.

Allow me to start by that I agree with everything Xaser said. Now to ramble about the same points on my own terms.

Frak you and EVERYTHING you represent. Your vile, insipid outlook on things is not only repulsive and detestable, but it reflects poorly on the rest of us who are socially inept, too!

If being hostile and nasty was something you didn't mean to do, but it kept occurring through impulse and misunderstanding, I could understand and even relate to that plight. I suffered from that when I was younger. You know what happened? I wanted to find out what I was doing wrong and why people were getting mean and nasty to me, and through observation, trial, and error, I was able to get over that problem, since I never wanted to make people angry in the first place. I had to work hard at it, but I got there.

But then there's assholes like you. The ones who go through the exact same plight I did, but decide that "everyone else should have to put up with me." like some spoiled, entitled child. Oh yes, let's just jump right in to every community we can and piss everyone off, so that you may have something to reflect on (and forget, apparently) later! Brilliant idea! Protip: The world's not going to adjust for you, for it will not care. It's even more sad since you do seem to realize this!

So why is there no community that can tolerate you? It's because YOU'RE NOT CHANGING! Not one iota! By intentionally acting like an asshat with a side order of wankcheese at every person you can, there will be no progress and you will be kicked out of every community. Your stubbornness and determination, and I would even say arrogance, to just continue the course and praying that "some magic part your brain will click and you'll be like everyone else eventually" is sickeningly delusional. That's not how progress happens. There is no magic click; there will NEVER be a magic click. It's something that you'll have to WORK at, perhaps for the rest of your life.

Something you don't seem to want to do. Oh, no, you'll put the absolute bare minimum effort into it; get people angry and attempt to reflect on what made them angry, so that when nothing goes better, you can blame it on everything else instead of you, satisfying enough of your consciousness at your half-hearted attempt to improve. Frak that noise.

The saddest part is, with an attitude like that, you're not going to get anywhere, and it looks like you've mentally rigged yourself to stick to it. No. This is not going to work at all, and your life's only going to get so much worse if you keep this up. How would this attitude help you keep a job? No boss would put up with this crap, even if you're the most talented man in the world for whatever career. More often than not, you're going to end up getting just a bit too far, flipping the hell out on somebody and ending your ass in prison. Either that or pissing someone ELSE off enough to getting you into a hospital.

If you want to make any progress, you seriously need to STOP getting people angry and STOP WISHING to! You can't just approach it from the perspective of "getting people angry to find out what you're doing wrong", that doesn't work! You're going INTO the situations, consciously or subconsciously wanting to make people angry, in turn, making people angry, which, in turn, continues your social ineptitude! It's a vicious circle that will NOT end! Not like this! You need to go into the communities wanting to belong and make friends, not people to piss off! And if that's going to happen, you really need to drop your ego, your sense of entitlement, and your argumentativeness.

But as long as you keep up your pace as it is now, all you do is make things harder for the rest of us who are socially inept, by setting a VERY bad example. What if a person's first impression of a secluded person was with YOU? Now they're going to have the stereotype of all secluded people being aggressive assholes who want nothing to do with other humans. The columbine shooters were sick fraks just a few steps ahead of the path you're on and perhaps a bit more unhinged, but it's all of you on that sort of path that make it tougher for the rest of us who also struggle with social abilities, but truly want nothing more than to belong.

That said, you've poisoned your reputation too much here already, squishybrick. I'm going to suggest for your sake that you leave now and SERIOUSLY start reconsidering everything about yourself. You're on the path to ruin, otherwise.

[/tldr rant]

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”