[Released] Doomguy's Warzone With New Difficulties Available

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Trooper 077

Re: [Released] Doomguy's Warzone With New Difficulties Avail

Post by Trooper 077 »

You know its not that hard to make a sprite or even make a weapon WAD Altogether,It doesn't have to be fancy but it can be good and something enjoyable,A shuffle wad is far from that. More, a shuffle wad With Stolen resources

Think of something original and freash,Not something that you compiled in an hour or two
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

No, Trooper 077, it took him three months!!!! Has sum respekt!

8-)
Ryan Cordell
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ryan Cordell »

Come on guys, chill some. :p
ALMN
... in rememberance ...

Post by ALMN »

why.
Ryan Cordell
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ryan Cordell »

ALMN wrote:why.
because the sun exploded
CrystalWolf

Post by CrystalWolf »

:|

I don't even know where to begin.
esselfortium

Post by esselfortium »

After watching the trailers and reading more about this wad's contents from the various responses in this thread, I have to unironically say this is the best wad ever made and I should probably quit Doom because anything I could possibly make will never come even close to these heights.
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

But I always thought that this old wad was the best wad ever. Have I been tricked?
DoomSplitter

Post by DoomSplitter »

InsanityBringer wrote:But I always thought that this old wad was the best wad ever. Have I been tricked?
Nah, you see, that wad used to be the best wad ever. This wad is the new best wad.
Tragos

Post by Tragos »

I really can't say anything that hasn't already been said... Other than this wad upsets my ADD in a bad way...
Xim

Post by Xim »

Yeah, nothing really special. Try and be more original and make your own stuff (at least DECORATE wise) if you're going to make another WAD.
Doomguy 2000

Post by Doomguy 2000 »

wildweasel wrote:
Doomguy 2000 wrote:1. It's 150 mega bytes with the entire realm667 bestiary with some weapons that I liked from the armory, and most of the items from the Item store. I have also added some of my own monsters including some items that have never been before seen. I used an Mp3 for the intro that's about it. I did credit some bands in the readme such as Alvin and the Chipmunks for the chipmunk baron sounds, but that was from a cartoon show.
The Realm667 Bestiary isn't a "make your own wad" generator. Do you have any idea how many wads we've seen that are little more than a compilation of every monster and weapon on Realm667? Scalliano pretty much has that market cornered, and he's at least honest enough to say up front that his mod consists entirely of realm667 resources.
2. It could be too many for most people who are used to just only having a smaller selection of weapons but doesn't AEOD have a huge much bigger amount of weapons than what I put on there? as far as the key bind I had no plans on adding one for weapons.
Yes, except that's the reason why I (still) don't like AEOD. You need to look through your huge list of weapons and try filtering out or combining any guns that seem to have similar traits. For example, the machinegun and original Doom chaingun have near-identical behavior, accuracy, and damage - the Doom chaingun could easily be removed. The dual MP5K's could also be removed since they, too, are rather similar to the Doom chaingun. As a tool of game design, imagine your weapons not as actual weapons, but as pure concept. You have a rapid fire weapon that fires at a speed of one shot per four tics, does 6 damage per shot, and has middle-ish accuracy. This could easily describe two or more of the rapid-fire weapons you've got. And no, binding additional weapon keys to bypass the slot system is still not a valid solution because that's what Doom's weapon keys are supposed to do in the first place.
3. Is that most of the player classes or just some of them? The only class that I could think of like that would have be the new age power one where you get to start out with very good weapons.
Actually yes, it's only a few of the classes that start with a million-and-a-half weapons - I suppose Classic Power and New Age Power are probably the only classes useful in Celebrity Nightmare mode.
4. I put the wad in the zip file and than changed the extension to pk3 that's what I did to reduce it to around 150 megabytes. If I would of not bothered with it then it would come close to 200 megabytes. It does waste memory if I do that with the zips?
[wiki=Using_ZIPs_as_WAD_replacement]This wiki article might help you out a bit.[/wiki]
5. That is only there for 3 out of 7 of my difficulties. You don't see a wall when it comes to Hell For Beginners, Marine Assault, Hellish and DG's Celeb Nightmare!.
What I'd suggest doing: move Icon and Celeb modes to the bottom of the list and offer the wall of text on those, then remove the wall-of-text from the rest and organize them in order from easiest to hardest. Also, remember you can use a graphic for the skill name instead of making ZDoom generate it for you - you could use that to add descriptive icons to each skill setting's name (pictures of marines in Marine Assault, a Romero head for Icon mode, a Mr. Yuk face and caution stripes for Celebrity Nightmare).
6. You probably didn't but then again this is a completely different game mode where the Boss Eye is there every level. That's why I put the quote on quote wall of text to better explain it further so player knew exactly what this was.
See the above suggestion.
8. I credited the person that submitted the monsters and weapons including items to realm667.
Try crediting the people who created said monsters. Submitter credits are unimportant (unless the monster is directly submitted to you by its author).
9. At least In tried something new that was never been done before. He man not seem that threatening to you but could to others.
Yes, well, Doom 2 maps tend to place Revenants in sniper positions a long distance away from the player - since mine layers don't appear to throw their mines, nor do they have any ranged attack whatsoever, this means that 4 times out of 5, a guy that drops land mines at his feet is not going to be a threatening enemy at all. Now if he were to replace Demons or Spectres - monsters that are far more likely to encounter the player in close quarters - then he'd pose some semblance of a threat.
10. You must be referring to the superstim, berserk sphere, and berserk. That's all I could think of when it comes to items that give you berserk status.
Yes. These items seem to appear far too often. Remember that berserk multiplies fist damage by ten, meaning that with every punch the player stands to deal up to 100 damage per hit, at two punches a second. Smart players that can dodge attacks (which I'd imagine is a large portion of this forum's player base) will be nigh unstoppable once Berserk status is attained, which given the spawn rates of these things is almost guaranteed for every level early on.
11. That was just me making a better more realistic sprite replacement for the scripted marines that are a part of ZDoom so the health of that pistol marine is the exactly same as the normal one.
That's precisely the problem - the pistol marines (which I assume have 100 health like the player does) presently replace zombies, which only have 20 health. Playing as the classic marine who only starts with a pistol, that effectively means I'm spending five times the ammo to kill (basically) the same enemy as I would in original Doom. This plays hell with the ammo balance making it much more likely that the player will run out of ammo early on, and in many map sets, this can effectively make levels completely unplayable.
16. Something that seem to be balanced and challenging to me?
I didn't say anything about how they behaved - I am merely pointing out that their very existence classifies as a Grievance and something that I feel Must Be Purged.
Well I did learn something from all of this and if I decide to do something like this again then maybe I'll have a work in progress thread where I can receive feed back on what people want in this wad. If I have wanted to do this I would have to take out most of my monsters and probably keep the demon bomber since he seem kinda balanced, he's just a little bit faster. The difficulties I would scrap would be marine assault, 1337 hard and DG's Celeb Nightmare!. I would keep Icon of eternity, everything random since I like the concept of those challenges.

The main problem I would have with this idea is the fact that people would still call it another alternative AEOD mod and that it's not original.

For the time being I would like to do other things in my life but will think about doing this again but will be a different project that's the same thing.
Doomguy 2000

Post by Doomguy 2000 »

esselfortium wrote:After watching the trailers and reading more about this wad's contents from the various responses in this thread, I have to unironically say this is the best wad ever made and I should probably quit Doom because anything I could possibly make will never come even close to these heights.
Are you being serious or just sarcastic? At least I tried to be different but turns this was a big flop. Seems like the people have spoken when it came to this wad. The wad I want make next is a map of my house where I will use some sprites of my own.
Trooper 077

Post by Trooper 077 »

My friend there is no point in justifying your mod at this point,Its best to lay back and take it like a man
Cyanosis

Post by Cyanosis »

Doomguy 2000 wrote:The wad I want make next is a map of my house where I will use some sprites of my own.
I thought we were over with all those "my house" WADs.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”