The Blocks of Doom II community project!!

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Salad Viking

Re: The Blocks of Doom II community project!!

Post by Salad Viking »

This is quite impressive! I'd like to make a map to enter, but I can't figure out the blasted editor. Is there an instruction manual I can refer to?
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

Well, first things first, we recently did a few updates - get the updated level editor here, and a fully up-to-date version of the WAD here (along with some handy map templates for you to get started :P). Sorry, I know it's a bit of a slog having to update constantly to go with the new features as they come - we should probably have an SVN repository or something.

However, for guidance in the editor itself, go to Help -> Control List for how to edit/create levels. Bear in mind that the editor can't yet place actors in the level, that has to be done by editing the SCRIPTS lump.

There was an Editing Documentation, but since the last overhaul it's horribly out of date. :(
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

For those interested in this project in the very slightest, we just finished a Library Documentation which should serve as a very handy guide for levelmakers and tilesetters. :)

http://jimmy.phenomer.net/wad-files/BoD2LibDoc.htm
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Success!

This project now uses a fully-functional SVN repository. No-one except the dev team can access it, but I'll be releasing builds every now and then just to keep people up-to-date. :)

Also, the above Library Documentation has been updated and pretty much finalized now. ;)

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”