[Contest] Doom Mutator Contest 2!

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
neoworm

Re: [Contest] Doom Mutator Contest 2!

Post by neoworm »

wildweasel wrote:Macross Missile Massacre
You got me. I am gonna watch Macross F and play your mod whole weekend now...
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

Hey does the shotgun still let you go fire fire fire altfire to shoot off SIX barrels? Cuz an early version of mine did and HOLY CRAP THINGS DIE.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

DoomRater wrote:Hey does the shotgun still let you go fire fire fire altfire to shoot off SIX barrels? Cuz an early version of mine did and HOLY CRAP THINGS DIE.
It shouldn't anymore, because the altfire will now just reload the shotgun if the weapon isn't fully loaded.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Yeah I woulda said something about it earlier had I thought about it... But thanks for making altifre reload now, makes it a way more versatile weapon instead of OMFG overpowered.

Edit: wait... it wasn't working when I downloaded it... both an updated version of GZdoom and the ZDoom I was using both choked on it? It's actually why I asked instead of just trying it. Line 490, something about SMF_PRECISE
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

DoomRater wrote:Yeah I woulda said something about it earlier had I thought about it... But thanks for making altifre reload now, makes it a way more versatile weapon instead of OMFG overpowered.

Edit: wait... it wasn't working when I downloaded it... both an updated version of GZdoom and the ZDoom I was using both choked on it? It's actually why I asked instead of just trying it. Line 490, something about SMF_PRECISE
Get the latest bleeding edge subversion, it works here.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Oh right... tried this morning and that bleeding latest version like fails to allocate memory when running, so I'll grab another one until it works.
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

The winner of this contest will be the person who makes "Style Mod vs. Omega".
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Captain Ventris wrote:The winner of this contest will be the person who makes "Style Mod vs. Omega".
Yeah, now that I've played around with Omega for a while, it's actually really cool!

I also played around with the Cricket mod - that's also quite fun (and very simple) but also exceedingly hard...
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

wildweasel wrote:
Captain Ventris wrote:The winner of this contest will be the person who makes "Style Mod vs. Omega".
Yeah, now that I've played around with Omega for a while, it's actually really cool!
Hehe, thanks. :P I've altered quite a few things here and there since the last release, in the hopes that I've ironed out the balance issues, but I hope I haven't changed it too radically in doing so. :P However, the problem I'm having with the "Pyro Sphere" attack is really beginning to frustrate me. :?
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

I can't run Weasel's style mod. I got a script error: unknown identifier SMF_precise. I use GZDoom 1.4.8
ZDG

Post by ZDG »

Get the lastest SVN.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Just ran it from a batch file since my launcher seems to be causing problems with running ZDoom. Why does the shotgun feel more powerful than it did before? It's gotta be the manual reload.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

New version of Omega is up - please (re)download.

THIS IS AN OLD VERSION, GO TO PAGE 8 FOR THE LATEST
j-omega.wad
(103.64 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
Changes:
  • You now use the mousewheel (and the number keys) to select the color of Omega you want to activate. Altfire is now the activate button.
  • All skills have been assigned proper weapon slots. Press 1, 2 or 3 while Omega is active to change the current skill.
  • Ammo balance has been tweaked. Players start off with a greater complement of Yellow Omega, and all non-zombie monsters occasionally drop small omega charges. Plus, Omega Boosters are now rarer.
  • Stimpacks and medikits are back in the form of "soul globes" which heal 5 and 15 health respectively. Player's protection to damage is now weakened.
  • Weapon placement has been tweaked.
  • Minor aesthetic in-game enhancements, and on the HUD.
  • New difficulty levels which alter the gameplay.
  • Heat Seeker has been given a makeover (looked too similar to Pyro Sphere).
  • Pyro Sphere is not as fancy as it was before, but its effects on monsters are pretty much the same.
  • Fire Ball, Acid Rain, Razor Claw, Spark Grenade and Static Storm are now a little easier to use in cramped conditions.
  • All skills (except Lucid Spirits) now have continuous fire while the fire button is held.
  • Fixed some bugs which occurred on death while omega was active. Still not perfect (especially when "resurrect" is used), but it's better than it was.
Please give me feedback on the new gameplay balance - I think I've nailed it this time, but if there are any major problems with it, please let me know. The last thing I want is for this to actually play really crappy, especially after I've spent so long tweaking the balance. :P

Enjoy.

EDIT: Clarification on the new weapon slots.
Last edited by Jimmy on Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

Is the mousewheel the only way to select the color?
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

Skulltag must have ScreenSeeker, so I can coop with Omega and Style mod!

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”