[Release] The Persecution Complex is pleased to announce...

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Gez

Re: [Release] The Persecution Complex is pleased to announce

Post by Gez »

Enjay wrote::shock: I know you said it was bad but I didn't think you meant that bad. 15 seconds is an exceptionally long time to wait. I'm not sure that I have ever had to wait that long for a map to load in Doom. What do you think might be causing that? What happens of you warp to a map, warp away and come back - does the second visit load noticeably quicker (ie is it down to resources and do the resources get cached and remain so for the second visit)?
I've switched off texture precaching and, while level setup still takes time, it's no longer 15+ seconds every time.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Ah, so texture precaching does make a difference on non-hi-res folder textures. I'll switch it on and see what happens on my system.

[edit] Well, enabling it increased my level load time to, I estimate, fractionally over 1 second (roughly what I was getting before we built the nodes properly). However, precaching also eliminated the stutters that I got when seeing some of those big multi-patch textures for the first time so, for me at least, overall it is a performance improver. It has helped clear up something that I have tried to establish before - whether precaching makes a difference or not. It's just that I haven't really tried it with a mod where the difference is detectable before.

It seems strange that precaching is taking so long on your machine though. From what I read about the specs in the link you posted, its a pretty decent lappy and I would not have expected those kind of delays. :? [/edit]
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

Enjay wrote:Just to be clear, Paranoid is not just my release. It was very much a team effort headed up by the good captain Rex (though he keeps denying that there was any kind of rank within the team).

Personally, I don't think there was any "slip" in this one at all. It's pretty much exactly what I (and I think we) hoped it would be. However, what it is, is a bit different to the style of many Doom mods. We always knew that would be something that might make it not to some people's tastes but we accepted that as part of how it would be received.
Ohh, that could be it. I dont have a problem with style of doom wads, sometimes different tastes can make a mod even better. Its all just execution, and to me I didn't find it well executed. Personally I think you work better alone (no offense to the rest, I think that the most way about doom mods), but the majority opinion is good, so in the long run thats what counts
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Just a small visual glitch.
In the TITLEMAP, as the camera swings around to the complex entrance, missing textures are evident at the map start

edit: removed image.
its not a glitch, just looks odd :D
see Enjay's post below
Last edited by Kappes Buur on Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Actually, I don't think that is because of missing textures. Both sectors in that area have F_SKY1 on their ceilings and, yes, even though the ceilings are different heights, and the lines you show in DB do not have textures on them, they don't need them either because of the way sky is handled. This is the same standard effect used in many WADs to bring the sky down to ground level.

The reason it looks odd is because of how the sky is drawn. Although the lines are far away from the camera view point, the sky is drawn at its normal "magnification" (I'm sure there is a more technical way to describe it) and so the entire area is filled with a small part of the sky making it look as it it may be a little HOM-y.

However, if you go directly to the map and walk nearer it looks like this:
Spoiler:
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

can i still download this?
please...god?
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

I dunno, can you?
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

wolfman wrote:You can get it from idgames.

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=16290
yes. thanks bud.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

i smell the obvious perfection of the full-3d wad. i downloaded for testing myself as a valve fan!
cq75
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by cq75 »

Heh, I never even knew about this, I'm glad it was bumped
Trooper 077

Post by Trooper 077 »

cortlong50 wrote:can i still download this?
please...god?

THERE IS A THREAD FOR REQUESTING BROKEN LINKS. PLEASE. USE IT.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Trooper 077 wrote:THERE IS A THREAD FOR REQUESTING BROKEN LINKS. PLEASE. USE IT.
THE PROBLEM HAS ALREADY BEEN RESOLVED. THANK YOU FOR DOGPILING ON IT.
Trooper 077

Post by Trooper 077 »

wildweasel wrote:
Trooper 077 wrote:THERE IS A THREAD FOR REQUESTING BROKEN LINKS. PLEASE. USE IT.
THE PROBLEM HAS ALREADY BEEN RESOLVED. THANK YOU FOR DOGPILING ON IT.
NO PROBLEM. BY THE WAY THE CAPLOCK ON MY COMPUTER IS BUSTED
PFL

Post by PFL »

Wow. First try on the set; it is amazing. Useful and pleasant crowbar. Progressing smoothly.

This:
Spoiler:
Edit. Map4 makes my game crash. ?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”