scalliano's 667 Shuffle! - IT'S BACK!!

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Moti

Re: scalliano's 667 Shuffle! - SAVE ISSUES FIXED!

Post by Moti »

Hey. Here's a few more stuff to point out.

- Cybruiser is too weak and doesn't really fit as a Spider Mastermind replacement. I think you should bring it back to Baron of Hell, but take it's HP down to 1400 or something.
- Man, Incarnates are just cheap... It's so annoying, I can't ever get Max kills because that damn thing won't stay down!
- Rictus's flame's sprite clashes with the Pyro Imp's flame's sprites.
- Arachnophyte needs more HP. 2000 is too low for a "boss".
- Annihilators are cheap... They got a high chance to shoot homing rockets, and 6000 HP, which I sometimes don't have enough ammo to deal with. I suggest lowering it's HP to 4000 and reducing the chance to fire homing rockets to 40%. Even 30%.
- I suggest adding Inferno Demon to the wad as a Cyberdemon replacement, also making Moloch a Cyberdemon, too. Why? Well, generally in wads there are much more Cyberdemons than Spider Masterminds, and if all the bosses are placed as a Spider, the player will barely get to see them.
- I think you forgot to include NewBFG in the KEYCONF lump. Once I pick up a BFG then switch weapons, I can never use it again. This seriously hinders gameplay and needs urgent fixing.
- Infernal Spider has 12000 HP... If anything, it should be reduced to 5000. That's just pure rape and I didn't have enough ammo to kill it in Scythe Map18.
- I noticed Zombie Flyer is inside the wad, but isn't used at all.
- Nightshade isn't used as well. It looks like a decent Imp replacement.
- Obsidian Statue isn't used either.
- Cyber Fiend isn't used, should be in place of a Demon.

That's more than enough stuff to report. :P
Thanks in advance for looking into the issues.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Cheers for the feedback, Moti, appreciated as always.

- BFG issue was an oversight on my part - when I checked the KEYCONF it just said "Ne" o_O Fixed anyway.
- Rictus fire sprites renamed - hopefully that should solve the issues with the Pyro Imp.
- I'll put the Moloch on the Cyber's roster, but I'm not so sure about including the Inferno Demon as I'm trying to sidestep any Hexen-based stuff wherever possible - what about the Infernux Grand? He's almost as much of a badass as the Moloch. Thoughts?
- As for the Death Incarnate, I'm open to suggestions - should I just make his Death state the same as his XDeath state? Thing is, we're a bit strapped for Rev variants at the moment, so I don't want to get rid of him completely. I've decreased his spawn weight in the meantime.
- Granted, the Infernal Spider's health is a bit daft - I've halved it and the Arachnophyte's health is now 3500.
- The Obsidian Statue is now on the Hellknight's roster, and the CyberFiend and Nightshade should now appear ingame.
- Annihilator's health and homing missile chance have been decreased - I've also decreased his spawn weight.

If there are no other issues, I'll upload these fixes tomorrow.
Moti

Post by Moti »

Thanks!
Just a few things to list:

1. I've never heard of the Infernux Grand, if it appears in the beastiary I'll give it a look.
2. That's cool if you don't want to include the Inferno Demon, though it's a really badass boss and I'd love to kill it in various positions.
3. If you've ever played Hard Doom by Aerial, she made a recolored Revenant that fires two missiles, as an original Revenant should. You should check it out if you're lacking Revenant replacements.
4. You should just lower the Death Incarnate's chance to revive to once, or either totally remove it. I had to kill the same Incarnate 6 times in one map. <_<
5. Chi Gem... What does it even do? I pick it up and it really does nothing. I tried to use ENTER to use it like items from Heretic, but that didn't do anything either.
EDIT: Two more suggestions.
6. Add the Roach to the Revenant's roster. Seems like a pretty cool monster. If HP is too low (able to be taken down by 1 SSG shot), raise it to the same as the Revenant's.
7. Add Watcher to the Lost Soul's roster.

That's it for now.
Last edited by Moti on Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

The Chi Gem is an upgrade for the Unmaker, much like the Demon Artifacts in Doom 64. When you pick it up it automatically turns the Unmaker into a pretty deadly railgun-variant.
I'll check out Hard Doom and I'll look into those monsters you suggested. In the meantime, as I type I'm uploading a new version which includes fixes for all of the issues you mentioned last night, plus a fix for a random crash (once again caused by my atrocious spelling :P ).

If you want to see the Infernux Grand in action, load up Scoredoom wth the addon pack and summon him. Preferably somewhere with plenty of space :twisted:
Moti

Post by Moti »

Awesome, thanks. I'd love to see the new monsters in action, you should include the new Revenant variant and that Infernux Grand in.

One more thing to point out is how the Terminator has 7000 HP, which is a little game-breaking due to lack of ammo (encountered in Scythe Map29). Lowering it to 5000 will be enough.

Also, Annihilator and regular Cyberdemon tend to infight. They both use rockets, but they do infight with each other. This should be fixed.
Last edited by Moti on Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vader

Post by Vader »

Concerning the Death Incarnate;
I think it is fine as it is! The fact that it revives itself really adds to the challenge IMO and besides that, a Revenant is only rarely replaced with one of those.
Also, once you have the Unmaker or Ice-rifle (or whatever it is called), the Death Incarnates are not a problem anymore, as you can either just gib or freeze them.
Another way to get rid of them (although a cheap one) is to jsut stand on their corpse for a while, so the invisible actor that revives the Incarnate doesn't get spawned!
Speaking of this invisible actor:
I think it needs the -COUNTKILL flag added, as you obviously can't kill it and thus it shouldn't count in the total number of enemys.

There're also a few other issues I noticed (sorry if anything already has been mentioned):
- The Plasmademon and Phaseimp seem to share the same sprite names, as the latter looks like a grey Demon
-The Painelemental replacement that spits the flamig alpha lost souls (Rictus?), sometimes launches those and they end up being stuck in a wall and are unshootable.
-The powered-up Unmaker seems to lose the ability to always gib monsters, wich is really annoying because of the Death Incarnates

Edit:
Two more things:
-Why are some of the sounds replaced by the D64 versions of it? I never liked those and IMHO it sounds stupid.
-The Lord of Heresy is missing its new sounds if I'm not mistaken
NovaDragon

Post by NovaDragon »

@Moti - While the roach is cool, i would think of it as an imp replacment rather than a revenant. Even if you increase its health it does minimum damage
and runs away once its low on hp not making it terribly dangerous.

I agree with the cybruiser as well being a baron class but i think you already fixed that. The infernux grand would work perfectly. Again much with
the infernal spider lower its hp as the base amount is 12000. Believe me that boss is extreamly difficult to take out with lower hp
so he deserves a rightful spot in there!
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

@Vader: I've been through the Incarnate's DECORATE code and I don't see the invisible actor you speak of. I'd add the flag if I could find it. Concerning the D64 sounds, they are probably used by certain monsters as I never added them myself, can you tell me where you are hearing them? The Lord of Heresy is actually based on Ixnatifual's edit (to give him that cool nova attack), so I could probably do something about his sounds. The Plasma Demon and Phase Imp should already be fixed in the latest version, though. The Grief Elemental bug is a known issue, right now I'm not too sure how to correct it, but I'll see what I can do. I'll aslo look into the Unmaker issue. Thing is, the powered up version already has the +EXTREMEDEATH flag, so I'm at a loss as to why it won't gib enemies.

@Moti: There's little I can do to prevent boss infighting, save giving them all the +NOINFIGHTING flag which I really don't want to do. Nerfing the Terminator would mean havng to nerf the Moloch too, as he has the same HP and is on the same roster. I'm open to opinions on this.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

scalliano wrote:I'll aslo look into the Unmaker issue. Thing is, the powered up version already has the +EXTREMEDEATH flag, so I'm at a loss as to why it won't gib enemies.
If it's a projectile weapon, I believe you have to flag the projectiles instead.
scalliano wrote:@There's little I can do to prevent boss infighting, save giving them all the +NOINFIGHTING flag which I really don't want to do.
You could do as the Archie, and set them to +NOTARGET. Or set them all to the same species and use +DONTHARMSPECIES.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Thanks for the suggestions, Neural. I'll look into those. The powered up Unmaker is actually a railgun, would this still be possible?

ALSO, I just found out where the PSX/D64 sounds were coming from. The Plasma Demon is the culprit. It uses them but they replace the regular Doom sounds. As much as I am a fan of the PSX audio, I'm a strict believer that you should have one or the other, and never the twain shall meet. As such, I've (hopefully) got rid of them.
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

scalliano wrote:The powered up Unmaker is actually a railgun, would this still be possible?
I'm guessing you're using a custom puff type for it? If so, flagging the puff +EXTREMEDEATH should do it.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

No joy - the railtrail carries on straight through the actor and hits the wall which is where the puff spawns.
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

It still uses the puff for its DamageType and "other properties" as the Wiki puts it. But did you try it, then?
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

I did try it, but the Incarnate kept getting up again.
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

I'd think even a rail attack should honor such flags on its puff. :|

One last idea: Use DamageType "Extreme".

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”