scalliano's 667 Shuffle! - IT'S BACK!!

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: scalliano's 667 Shuffle! - IT'S BACK!!

Post by NeuralStunner »

Glaice wrote:This looks like it will be really fun in multiplayer.
Why not try it, then? ZDoom is multiplayer-capable y'know. ;)
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i think the problem is a lack of audience. i don't know how many people actually prefer Zdoom over Zandro mutliplayer-wise, and i bet there's a lot more players to catch over there too. that's not to say it's hard to play Zdoom in co-op, though: i did with a friend of mind ages ago. kept de-syncing after every text-screen (i.e. when an episode ends in Doom 2) though, which would mean that if same problem persists we wouldn't be able to play something like DRLA with maximum enjoyment.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Much of the DECORATE in the mod is bang-up-to-date (*cough*renderstylesubtract*cough*) and would require many overhauls, if not flat out omissions to be made Zandro compatible. Also, with such a large randomizer pool, the risk of desyncing is exponentially increased. Now, I can't say for definite that it wouldn't work, just that I haven't the means to test it. What I do know, however, is that mods like AEoD are strictly single player only.

My priority right now is getting rid of those errors posted on the previous page, as I have a sneaky suspicion they may be a factor in the CTD in the latest dev builds of the engine. It's a slog, though, so bear with me.
doomer001002123

Post by doomer001002123 »

Hi, i just discovered your pak scalliano from a doom world member. he was gracious enough to point me i nthe right direction. i really like what was done. but of course i have to say, there are so many monsters it crashes the game almost everytime on big survival maps like new gothic. so what i tried to do is delete all the non doom monsters or monsters i didn't really like. it worked like a charm . however i deleted a few more , now the game won't load the mod. also i wanted to get rid of all the vanilla normal doom monsters so i can just spawn the new monsters. still trying to get this mod to work by editing it, but don't know how to use these tools. just thought i'd mention this. multiplayer would be very cool.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

doomer001002123 wrote:... so what i tried to do is delete all the non doom monsters or monstersI didn't really like ...
This was your first mistake. Can't help you.

Crash issues on newer versions of ZDoom are already being looked into. Other than that, you're on your own.
doomer001002123

actually, it crashed before i deleted anything. there were many more monsters in the map than any average map. there are hundreds of monsters in some maps. the projectiles seem to crash it out, so i killed two birds with one stone and took out the non-doom monsters or the weak/overpowered variants. trying to make a balanced gameplay. now it crashes because it can't find an object i think. i deleted some files and it still worked.quite alot actually. then i deleted some more and it got an error. so i'm trying to pinpoint the file i deleted that made it messed up.
Ferguson

Post by Ferguson »

Tried this out with the original iwads only, and some of my old favorite user wads that stay with original bad guys, in case of conflicts. No crashes or weirdness, except very tough in spots, which is not a bad thing. Dudes on this I've never seen, very entertaining. I thought I'd played pretty much every variation on the Doom bad guys there was, wrong as usual.

I was shot in the face with a rocket launcher by an overweight pirate.
I heartily endorse this mashup.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

doomer001002123 wrote:actually, it crashed before i deleted anything.
scalliano wrote:Crash issues on newer versions of ZDoom are already being looked into.
I did actually read your post, you know ;) As I said before, any changes you make to the mod are on your head. Many of the .WADS contained in the .pk3 are interdependent, so removing stuff is only ever gonna cause problems. I am working towards fixing the crash issues properly. In the meantime, check the notice at the top of the first post.

@Ferguson: An overweight pirate? You've got me there.
doomer001002123

Blasterborg monster is bugged. when he fires a grenade it freezes the game.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

doomer001002123 wrote:Blasterborg monster is bugged. when he fires a grenade it freezes the game.
It's not the Blaster Borg, it's the detonator itself. Just tested with the Source Guardian and the Catharsi Cannon and the same issue crops up. Also tested out the final boss of Ultimate Torment & Torture just to be sure and, yeah, the same thing happens.

Good work, my friend! Turns out it wasn't actually my shitty coding after all!

EDIT: Raised as a potential engine bug. Mod cleanup continues unabated, more news soon.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Crash issues have been resolved and a new version uploaded with the corresponding fixes and a couple of new baddies for your trouble. Check the first post.
doomer001002123

don't take my criticisms as offensive, but would it be possible to have the same type monsters not be able to damage each other? ex: pink mancubus shoot rockets which can kill itself and other mancubus types. also would it be possible to make a scalliano redux,based on only the doom type monsters? if i submitted to you an edited version of your file (strictly deleted items), so that all the monsters would show up in the their correct spots? i know you don't have time on your hands to answer everyones requests that makes a post, if you were able to make it multiplayer, that would be very cool, even if it takes a while. anyways, i'm enjoying the redux version i edited out. cheers for now. :wink:
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Multiplayer isn'ta priority for the reasons stated above, as for monster class in-damage, it is something I always intended to tighten up, but just haven't got around to it yet. That said, there are deliberate exceptions, such as the Plasma Zombies who are specifically coded to infight with each other, because they're zombies and it follows native Doom behaviour.

With regards to the monsters based on enemies from non-Doom games, I have been employing a strict rule in that they only qualify for inclusion if they had already appeared in a prominent Doom-styled mapset (Source Guardian and Netherworld Queen are from UTnT, ChoGath is from Winter's Fury, etc). The Motherdemon has no classic-styled sprites as of yet, so the D64 ones are used. That said, I am planning on getting rid of the model-rips (Hammerhound, Hell's Battery, etc) in future versions as they not only clash badly, but are annoying to fight. I already got rid of the Scourge for that very reason.

But hey, PM me what you've done and we'll take it from there.
Vict

Post by Vict »

Another crash report:
I'm on the latest ZDoom SVN and the Dune Trooper's detonator also causes the game to lock up and crash to desktop without an error of any kind. The Catharsi's detonator from both the monster death and the weapon work just fine.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Oversight - forgot about that one. Download has been updated.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”