DooM II : Inheritance (RC2 Now available!!)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Re: DooM II : Inheritance (Public Release One!!!!!!)

Postby DavidB1000 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:06 pm

A fully laden space marine doesn't move like a cheetah, but, if you must, go into the player decorate and change speed to 100.

Haha.
Even I know that a space marine doesn't move that fast.

However, I weigh 305 pounds and I can outrun the doom marine in Inheritance. :) That's pretty bad!
The average human speed is 4 miles an hour. Trained Marines would possibly reach 5 to 6.
What's the doom Marine's speed? 6 miles an hour?
So, even setting the base speed to 75 would be fine. What is it, anyway? 50?
Enough speed upgrades, and you'd still be only somewhat faster than the Doom marine. Instead of needing to spend 16 or so level ups on Speed, you'd only need 7 or so.

However, you should know, using the Alt-Hub breaks the game. It makes it impossible to use the upgrade menu.
And since the ammo meters don't have any way of showing you how much ammo is left without using the Alt-Hub, I find it difficult to use this mod.

I hope the next info hud will have better ammo meters.

Also, what's with reducing the amount of ammo you get from pick ups? Ammo conservation isn't something I'm good at. :)
DavidB1000
I need Scissors! 61!

Postby Naniyue » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:26 pm

The speed method came straight from HQuest. I liked it there, and, viewing it as an easy, simplified statistic, I incorporated it into Inheritance. ZHs2 optimized it, of course.

The ammo reduction MAKES you use the demon attacks, though I wouldn't mind an increase myself.
Naniyue
TTThhppttt!!!

Postby Zhs2 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:17 pm

NeuralStunner wrote:ACS_ExecuteAlways: I believe you can use this from Decorate, and the Player who calls it is the activator. (No TID required.) Then you could tinker with GetActorProperty, SetActorProperty, and SpawnProjectile, see what you can do.

Oh my god, I'm such an idiot. I could have taken health directly with SetActorProperty. >_< The only problem I can see with this is that it won't make the player make a pain noise...

DavidB1000 wrote:However, you should know, using the Alt-Hub breaks the game. It makes it impossible to use the upgrade menu.
And since the ammo meters don't have any way of showing you how much ammo is left without using the Alt-Hub, I find it difficult to use this mod.

I hope the next info hud will have better ammo meters.

Considering an optional numbers switch for next release...
Zhs2
Power of meh.

Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby NeuralStunner » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:07 pm

Zhs2 wrote:The only problem I can see with this is that it won't make the player make a pain noise...

ThingSound (0, "*pain100", 127)?
NeuralStunner
not actually a catgirl

Discord: NeuralStunner#1293
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby amv2k9 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:14 pm

Naniyue wrote:Secondly, this is the first I've heard about the caco arm causing trouble. Can you reproduce the error? Has anyone else had a similar issue?

I came across it too.
How it happened with me was, I was blasting away with the Arachno arm, then switched to the Caco arm after I ran out of ammo. Once I switched, I wasn't able to shoot or switch weapons. IDKFA "fixed" it; I could switch weapons & fire them after that. This happened multiple times when I was playing Doom II (first had it occur in Monster Condo, then again on Icon of Sin. I was using ZDoom, not GZDoom, and it was version 2.4.0.

Also when I was playing, human weapons took a while to switch and some of the sprites don't show (ie, the Chaingun completely disappears whilst firing) Again, this is with ZDoom & not GZDoom, and not an SVN version.

Also, something else I ran across: The upgrade menu for the Pain Elemental arm doesn't show. The Skillpoint counter just to the right of it does, though.

And a suggestion: I think it'd be nice to have a 'reload' key. It's kind of a bummer being a couple shots away from needing to reload, and either reloading in the middle of a battle, or wasting a few rounds prior so you have a full clip going in.
amv2k9
That Strife Guy

Postby Zhs2 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:30 pm

Ahh, nothing like a good bump to motivate me into actually making a new release. >_>

Well, the info stuff still isn't in, and my idea for the Ammo gauges isn't either (Sorry DavidB!) but most of the bugs people have pointed out are squashed dead:

- Fixed every weapon animation so that they actually show up. Still wondering about the FatCharge...
- Speed starts at 60 now.
- Pain Elemental window fixed.
- Cacodemon arm switch-when-out-of-ammo-bug fixed.
- Piercing damage for the 666 Demonization damage fully implemented.
- Burstgun buffed. =D
- Fixed notes.txt to conform to the dude just above me who hasn't yet realized that I'm obsessed with Altfire reloading. :P Is it just my imagination, or have I seen you somewhere else, amv2k9?
- Probably a few other things I forgot, like the enhanced shellboxes...

Download link here: http://zhs2.randomnetirc.org/WADs/InheritanceRC2.zip

Hopefully Nani will be along shortly to modificate the first post.
Zhs2
Power of meh.

Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby Naniyue » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:02 pm

RC2 uploaded to mediafire.

RC2: http://www.mediafire.com/?j02uizm4bjv
Naniyue
TTThhppttt!!!

Postby amv2k9 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:18 pm

Zhs2 wrote:Fixed notes.txt to conform to the dude just above me who hasn't yet realized that I'm obsessed with Altfire reloading. :P

Whoops.
I just scanned the Customize Controls menu for a 'Reload' entry, never thought to just try RMB.
Anyways, I'll try this in a bit.
amv2k9
That Strife Guy

Re: DooM II : Inheritance (RC2 Now available!!)

Postby amv2k9 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:23 pm

Spent a good portion of last night playing RC2. Can I just say this mod is the bees-motherf***ing-knees? :D

Everything mentioned previously seems to have been fixed. The Skillpoint counter next to the Upgrade menu shows up garbled, however. I noticed it doing that on all weapons & demon powers.
amv2k9
That Strife Guy

Postby Davidos » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:39 pm

Failbump

noticed that the armor bar doesn't work in the newest release... is that old news?

How's that infobar comming along?
Still randomly guessing when my weapon'll level up.
Also, I got the feeling some of the demon powers (Like the Imp's) feel a bit weak...

Ammo balancing is fracked too, and the demon powers being underpowered at the start don't do it justice...
In most wads I run dry halfway map 1 and then get my ass kicked b'cuz all I got is 'Imp powers... tatatadaaa?-fail'

Any ideas how I could manage not dieing and balancing ammo?
Davidos
The one and only D-ellsing Marine

Postby amv2k9 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:09 pm

A suggestion:
Might we get ammo bars for the demon powers?

Also, how exactly does killing demons refill demon attacks? Does killing a demon restore a bit of ammo to any attack (depending on strength of enemy), or do you have to, say, kill a Arachnotron to restore Arachno ammo? Does the game place priority on some attacks refilling before others? I haven't been using the demon attacks a lot, so it's been kind of hard to tell how the refill process works.
amv2k9
That Strife Guy

Postby XutaWoo » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:16 pm

Demon weapons use a single ammo type, which you get for killing.
XutaWoo
one day when going to see the rabbit, there was a previous visitor ...

Postby Davidos » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:32 pm

Oh, christ, I just got an excellent idea.

Damnit if only I saved it!

I had a few sprites and code for a pop-up health display above monsters but I never got around to posting or saving it!

Thought maybe you'd like the idea of having enemies with health-bars above them or when they are in view/crosshair or something.
Last edited by Davidos on Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davidos
The one and only D-ellsing Marine

Postby amv2k9 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:45 pm

Davidos wrote:Damnit if only I saved it!

I had a few sprites and code for a pop-up health display above monsters but I never got around to posting or saving it!

The Bittersweet TC (http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=14281) has health bars over enemies.
amv2k9
That Strife Guy

Postby Doomer_1996 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:51 pm

Again i'm bumping an old thread -_-
i'm a freaking archvile!
Ahem, back in the subject, it's quite good indeed.The guns are well made, the powers are awesome, the HUD looks great and the RPG system seems to be near perfect.But, call me whatever you want to, i think it would be nice if the ammo bar had numbers or bullet icons (like WWHC-Diaz) that fade away when you fire the gun.That would just be awesome, but a small suggestion would be to make more guns that spawn randomly under the actor, that is for example, a shotgun, and make a pump action or semi auto shotty.That's just it.
And sorry if i wrote too much, but i'm bored '_'
Doomer_1996

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects