[Playerclass] Playable Doom monsters

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ChronoSeth

Re: [Playerclass] Playable Doom monsters

Post by ChronoSeth »

Caleb13 wrote:Unfortunately, I always get "morph failed" in the console. I guess this is because the monsters are not defined as a Morph Class in this mod. Well, nevermind.

By any chance, do you know any other similar mod? Could you provide link? Thanks.
Use "Morphme ZombiemanPlayer" in the console, and see what happens.
Caleb13

Post by Caleb13 »

ChronoSeth wrote: Use "Morphme ZombiemanPlayer" in the console, and see what happens.
Hey, that really works! I tried playing some stock maps as various monsters... well, the main problem is that most monsters are too tall/wide to fit many doors/corridors and also that they cannot pick up any health or keys. They also can't activate most switches. But I particularly enjoyed playing as a cacodemon - it can fly, moves relatively quickly and has roughly the same dimensions as the marine form.

BTW, the player morphs back into marine after a minute or so... can this be disabled in the console, too?
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

I quickly made this for my own playing around... it defines all of the monsters as player classes selectable in the menu.
(btw, if the menu breaks when you get to the class selection, try using an SVN build of [G]ZDoom)
Attachments
playable-monsters.pk3
(11.87 KiB) Downloaded 493 times
SNEAKY

Post by SNEAKY »

Could you please update this WAD by making the option to change the monsters you are playing as's colour in the player options PLEASE? It always confuses me when i play as a revenant and they're a bunch of enemy revenants that look the same, it confuses me. Please make an option of change your monster's colour in the player options please?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Welcome to forum, SNEAKY. Bear in mind that your request might be overlooked, considering this is a 3+ year old thread.
SNEAKY

Post by SNEAKY »

wildweasel wrote:Welcome to forum, SNEAKY. Bear in mind that your request might be overlooked, considering this is a 3+ year old thread.
I apologize about that but i was wondering if the creator of the playable monsters wad is on so i can ask if he or she could update that wad by adding custom colours to your monster in the player options just to make it less confusing.
I'm sorry if that was a bad idea.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

It's not a bad idea, just that the original creator may not even be around anymore if the thread hasn't been updated in three years.

Also, I'm curious. Why would your own player color confuse you if it's the same as the monsters? I never see myself when I play...

8-)
SNEAKY

Post by SNEAKY »

Caligari_87 wrote:It's not a bad idea, just that the original creator may not even be around anymore if the thread hasn't been updated in three years.

Also, I'm curious. Why would your own player color confuse you if it's the same as the monsters? I never see myself when I play...

8-)
I change the my cacodemon's color to yellow at the player setup but it's still red like the others, plus i play multiplYer with bots as well and i keep accidentally attacking my bots during coop because they also run towards me in thier monster class like a real monster enemy. Plus, what kind of person would play a playable monsters wad with other actually human beings with client servers or online servers?
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

This project is very long abandoned (can you believe it's 7 and a half years old?).

It mostly was a way for me to learn how to use DECORATE, and given the extensions that DECORATE has gotten since this was created I think if I did it today it would've been done very much differently. And as can be plainly seen, that up until now I didn't even post in this thread after a week or so after it was created. If someone wants a resource like this, it probably should be redone with modern DECORATE and/or ZScript extensions (feel free to use my code as a base, or start from scratch if you prefer). But in either case, I would prefer not to see this thread keep getting bumped, so I am graveyarding it.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”