Aliens vs. Marines - AVM

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Tragos

Re: Aliens vs. Marines - AVM

Post by Tragos »

Part of what I like about Killian Reed is the old school charm. Photo realistic graphics are a lot more work in some ways, for this project it only seemed appropriate given the nature of the Aliens theme.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

wildweasel wrote:
Eriance wrote:I'm not familiar with SBARINFO, so I'm not really sure if you can make a life/armor bar that scrolls diagonally like that. I wanted to use something like that for DE as well, but don't even know where to begin with SBARINFO. :/
You could make a HUD with a diagonal portion, if you don't mind it being perfectly horizontal (the bar can't actually change direction, but it should work horizontally with that configuration). I might try throwing together an example based on the sample image later on.
Is it possible to actually use actual graphics to represent the bar? Say the bar is 100 units long, So you have 100 graphics for the bar, each representing a certain % of the inventory being counted. Tedious work, but can it be done with TEXTURESX?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Eriance wrote:Is it possible to actually use actual graphics to represent the bar? Say the bar is 100 units long, So you have 100 graphics for the bar, each representing a certain % of the inventory being counted. Tedious work, but can it be done with TEXTURESX?
It's been suggested, but I don't recall it being added or rejected...it's just kind of in limbo, the last time I saw it.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Guess it can be done with ACS like the MSX mod.
Tragos

Post by Tragos »

Preview of my latest material. What you see here is only about 20% finished, the base floor texture was created from a low quality photograph. The final version will be scanned in high resolution. I think I'm finally starting to achieve the photo-realistic look I've been aiming for. With further editing it may even start to look as good as AVP2 textures. The image in the spoiler is pretty big, you where warned. The smaller texture below is what I call a "Doom style" texture since I shrank the pixels to give in a old school look.
Spoiler:
Tragos

Behind the scenes.

Post by Tragos »

My work space and some stuff I'm working on right now. Rare behind the scenes look at the chaos.
Spoiler:
Xim

Post by Xim »

Wow, you are REALLY putting a lot of effort into this.
Tragos

Post by Tragos »

Persistence is the key to success. :D
Naitguolf

Post by Naitguolf »

Waiting long for this. I hope you add a nice single player experience :) I always love go to hunt Aliens ^^
Angelofthefallen

Re: Behind the scenes.

Post by Angelofthefallen »

Tragos wrote:My work space and some stuff I'm working on right now. Rare behind the scenes look at the chaos.
Spoiler:
Now that's the kind of set up I'd love to have. I like the texture work, very nice.
Tragos

Post by Tragos »

Showing off some new textures. I'm finally happy with this latest set even if they appear too clean at this time, after some weathering they will be finished. I know the layout of the map is plain but it's just a preview of what's coming. What until you see what Deimos Anomaly has done! :D

*Images moved to front page*

Play this in the background as you look at these screens... Excited yet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da2fVHo8 ... re=related
Last edited by Tragos on Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Xim

Post by Xim »

Wow, those look pretty damn good.
Tragos

Post by Tragos »

The best is yet to come. But I'm glad you like it, the next batch will hopefully warrant a "F@@king awesome!" type response. 8-)
Tragos

Post by Tragos »

*Imaged moved*

Two more quick mock ups. I'll be completely restructuring this post by the end of the week and announcing some changes to this project. These corridors are looking a bit lonely, time to add some Aliens! Excuse the poor lighting, the decorations are also still very basic.
Last edited by Tragos on Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Blade3327

Post by Blade3327 »

Images in that last post aren't quite showing up for me.

Just wanted to pop in and say I'll be keeping tabs on this. Aliens Online was a blast, particularly because of how Doomish it felt. Seeing something like that with a little more depth as a full-on multiplayer TC will be both unique and a lot of fun to play. Kudos on the custom textures and resources as well. Definitely a must-have when it comes out :).

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”