Mutiny Mod 2.0 released!

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Re: Mutiny Mod 2.0 released!

Postby Woolie Wool » Sat May 02, 2009 10:02 am

The PDW's muzzle flash definitely does not bleed into the barrel. I just looked at the flash and idle frames side by side.
Woolie Wool
Call Apogee Say "Snappity!"

Discord: Woolie Wool#9878
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Snarboo » Sat May 02, 2009 3:40 pm

I wasn't sure at first, but I was able to capture a screenshot of it:

I really like the mod. It basically feels like an upgrade of Doom, which is a good thing in my book. The only weapon I don't really like is the knife, which has cheesy animations.
Snarboo
Bacon doesn't know it's not dogs

Postby Woolie Wool » Sat May 02, 2009 3:50 pm

Yeah, I caught that about half an hour ago and fixed it (sprite offset bug). I wonder how it managed to escape my notice considering how much I use the PDW while playing Mutiny.

Yeah, and thanks, it was exactly my intention for it to feel like an upgrade of Doom, only a few years later, hence the modified guns.

As for the knife, I was never satistied with the animations but I tweaked them several times before just deciding to leave the weapon as it was because nothing I did really improved it.
Woolie Wool

Postby Xim » Sun May 03, 2009 10:16 am

This is really awesome, I like it. I'm also glad to see a couple of my resources have been getting used.
Xim

Postby Xaser » Sun May 03, 2009 1:57 pm

I happen to really like this. Much different feeling, what with all the bloomin' hitscanners. :P

Thumbses up. :thumb:
Xaser
anarchivist

Postby neoworm » Sun May 03, 2009 2:15 pm

Realy nice mod. I tried to play NDCP2 with it and it was awesome. But also very hard, this mod is not build for large maps with lot of monsters. Hitscanners will tear you apart in seconds.
Right now, I play almost all levels with this mod or Satanic mod.

I had only one problem when playing - with weapon selection order - doublebarreled shotgun and railgun are slow weapons that are more prefered than their rapid fire counterparts, so when weapon autoswitches (when you run out of ammo) it usualy selects railgun which results in quick players death. It was quite annoying so I chaged the selection order myself.
neoworm

Postby Imp Hunter » Sun May 03, 2009 5:42 pm

WOW, now i need a WW2 theme level!!
Imp Hunter
「It's not my fault」

Postby Xim » Sun May 03, 2009 8:42 pm

I wouldn't mind doing a co-op play for this, I'd just need to find a mega-wad it'd be good with.
Xim

Postby Estopolis » Sun May 03, 2009 8:53 pm

This is a pretty fun wad.

My only complaint would be that Officers look.. Well, cross-eyed.
Estopolis

Postby Bashe » Sun May 03, 2009 9:08 pm

So much fun it's hard to believe. However, some map sets are just NOT intended for this mod, as we've discussed. Those that are, though, are brought to life once more with this mod.

Great stuff!

Fuck those special forces marines!
Bashe
boof

Postby Woolie Wool » Sun May 03, 2009 9:18 pm

Xim wrote:I wouldn't mind doing a co-op play for this, I'd just need to find a mega-wad it'd be good with.

Darkening 2?
Woolie Wool

Postby Enjay » Mon May 04, 2009 6:13 am

Well, I just got around to trying this and I'm kicking myself for not trying it earlier. I really like it. It's a nice mod and it provides gameplay of a type that I really enjoy. Good fun. Also, thanks for the mention in the text file. :D

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not but I couldn't help noticing when I started that the console spat out some ALTHUDCF error messages about some missing items. These are weapons from my Burhead mod. Just remove their entries from ALTHUDCF and the messages will stop.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby Woolie Wool » Mon May 04, 2009 8:30 am

Yeah, I used the Burghead ALTHUDCF as a template to work with since I had no idea how the lump worked at the time.

Also, I'm glad to see you liked it. I greatly enjoyed your Marine Assault wad and the old DMARMY3 dehacked patches and thought that the concept deserved to be redone in DECORATE.
Woolie Wool

Postby Deathman101 » Mon May 04, 2009 3:28 pm

This has to be the first 'TC' that I've enjoyed thoroughly. With any luck, I might find the inspiration to make myself a map for this.
Deathman101

Postby TheDoomerGuy » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:39 pm

Hi i got a problem (well i think is) i play on SkullTag and it works perfect but...the monsters are humans so is funny but when i see the demo (only un SkullTag) some monsters are demons and kinda imps...i try to say how i can put the monsters by the demons and not the humans?? or put at last the demons too :?:
TheDoomerGuy

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects