[WIP]TNT2 [+unnoficial sequence][+Download]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Pedro vc

[WIP]TNT2 [+unnoficial sequence][+Download]

Post by Pedro vc »

If Plutonia have a unnoficial sequence, why TNT not? (in my opinion TNT > Plutonia)
The wad will be divieded in various micro-wads, released periodically.

Plot:
After the destruction of Gatekeeper and Baphomet by the human force,bot were condenmed to the eternal suffering in the depths of hell.But, a powerful demon, brother of GateKeeper and Baphomet have a plan to release him brothers and start a new bloodbath.

"What the hell is this?" - You say.
In a instant, you are in a military complex, executing remanescent demons of the earth infestation, and now, you are in the old UAC complex,invaded by the demon ship 4 years ago. Something evil wants you here, you don't know who or what,but you are going to discover.....

Sorry for my bad english, i'm brazilian, if u don't know :P

Map Progress:
Wad 1 : A new bloodbath
Map01- Computer Station - 100%
Map02 - Dark Labs - 100%
Map03 - Main Waste Processing - 100%
Map04 - Supply Core - 100%
Map05 - Mother's Den - 100%
Map 06 - Hunter Hunted - 100%

Download Chapter One
http://www.zshare.net/download/605126811b57f00c/

Last edited by Pedro vc on Mon May 25, 2009 5:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
esselfortium

Re: TNT2 [+unnoficial sequence]

Post by esselfortium »

As for unofficial sequels, TNT was in some ways the predecessor to the Community Chest series.
Pedro vc

Re: TNT2 [+unnoficial sequence]

Post by Pedro vc »

esselfortium wrote:As for unofficial sequels, TNT was in some ways the predecessor to the Community Chest series.
:!: :?:
Pedro vc

Re: [WIP]TNT2 [+unnoficial sequence]

Post by Pedro vc »

I know what is a Community Chest -_-
esselfortium

Post by esselfortium »

My point is that TNT was, in many ways, a Community Chest wad. It was a collection of essentially unconnected maps made by various authors from the Doom community, with varying styles and skill levels. It was Team TNT, sure, but...uhh..it was a pretty damn big team :p
Pedro vc

Post by Pedro vc »

Ok, first screenshots :D
Spoiler:
Pedro vc

Re: [WIP]TNT2 [+unnoficial sequence][+Download]

Post by Pedro vc »

News : Download In First Post
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

Have you tried playing these maps without God mode on? There's just no way you can get through map one without it. You should never hear an Archvile barely 30 seconds in the map.

The rest of the maps are okay. Detail is lacking here and there. I don't like the two new weapons, the rifle is nearly useless and the quad shotgun doesn't fit in at all.
Xim

Post by Xim »

Marty Kirra wrote: The rest of the maps are okay. Detail is lacking here and there. I don't like the two new weapons, the rifle is nearly useless and the quad shotgun doesn't fit in at all.
That gun is over-used, not to mention the fact it's side-view when the rest are centred.

EDIT: And yeah, I stopped playing when I finished the first level with 8 health and then got ambushed by an army of fuckin' hellknights at the second level, all this on Hey Not Too Rough, when being unable to got any further then the second room on any higher difficulty.

Please tone down the difficulty. If an experienced Doom player has to use God mode or I'm Too Young To Die (didn't bother playing it) then it's too hard.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

This map set fails on every criteria I can think of: The maps lack any sort of theme, the texturing feels completely random, the rifle fires too slow to be useful, the Quad Shotgun has had it's Archon Stamp of Overuse(tm) since 2005, the new monsters look out of place, the gameplay is horrific and the music is painful to listen to on some levels.
Woolie Wool
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11

Post by Woolie Wool »

This sucks. Really, really sucks. It's the worst megawad since Doom Jr. In addition to the above comments, I would add to its list of failures:

Overactive Item Placement Syndrome: Walls of medikits, multiple BFGs, etc.
Shitty zombieman rifle with a slow rate of fire and awful stock sound effect.
THE WORST MONSTERS EVER. The Hellwizard, Acid, Motherdemon, and that Pain Elemental thing are terrible. The Motherdemon is literally impossible to dodge. She can hit you while you're in SR-50. The Hellwizard is ugly, has a cheap attack, and has crappy Doom 64 sounds. The Acid...BFG effects, ripped HACX sprites, and an incredibly slow walk. Sucks.
Door textures that do nothing and lead to nowhere.
The music is pure ear canal sodomy.
THE ROOM OF TEN BILLION JILLION HIDDEN ARCHVILES. FUUUUUCK.
Not aligning textures properly, anywhere
Unpegged doortracks aplenty.
DOORBLU/RED/YEL textures are not ornaments. They should be used to mark locked doors, but in map04 they appear everywhere.
The ending text is HORRIBLE. Seriously, "feets"? That sounds like something from a small talk passage in a bad yaoi fanfiction story.

I suggest you scrap the whole thing, learn to map properly, and start a new project later. This is godawful. It's shit. it sucks. It makes me angry with God Mode on. Fuck this wad.

Just IDCLEVed to the hidden map06. This is so bad it's beyond words. A blank maze with SFALL1 for the ceiling, a cinder block texture for the floor, 7 cybers, no health, no ammo, and no sky defined. This is wow.wad quality.
Last edited by Woolie Wool on Mon May 25, 2009 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gez

Post by Gez »

If it's supposed to be TNT2, shouldn't it be a vanilla Final Doom pwad anyway? No new guns, no new monsters, no new items. Like Plutonia 2.
Woolie Wool
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11

Post by Woolie Wool »

Being vanilla compatible is far down the list of things that need to be improved here, the topmost being "not sucking so much as to be a serious contender for the Worst Wad Cacoward".
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Woolie Wool wrote: Just IDCLEVed to the hidden map06. This is so bad it's beyond words. A blank maze with SFALL1 for the ceiling, a cinder block texture for the floor, 7 cybers, no health, no ammo, and no sky defined. This is wow.wad quality.
Don't forget "diagonal parts that are noticeably narrower than the straights" and "no sky defined so the exit looks shit"

EDIT: Apparently I can't read, else I would've noticed the "no sky defined" thing

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”