ÆoD (6.06.02 (03-14-16))

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
DavidB1000

Re: ÆoD (4.21 patch: jan-14-2009)

Post by DavidB1000 »

Hey, Arch, can you check to see if you get a lot of error messages on start up, and is Auto-aim broken for you? Because for some reason I can't auto-aim at all. With any gun. I'll have to not play this until that gets fixed. The weird error messages might be tied into it. Besides, how else can Auto-aim not work at all.

At PDF? You play without auto-aim? You must have mad skills or something. I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if I didn't have auto-aim. Or a nuke.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

Heck, I don't use auto-aim either. I almost always prefer the freelook alternative to Doom's normal aiming behavior, and not once I've had problems. Not to be rude, but have you tried using a crosshair? ;|
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

DavidB1000 wrote:At PDF? You play without auto-aim? You must have mad skills or something. I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if I didn't have auto-aim. Or a nuke.
I use crosshairs, and I don't have the best aim anyway. But playing without autoaim is the only way to get better.
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

I have a cross hair too, but despite that, without autoaim, I have to constantly move the mouse around to aim, and to be honest, even with this wrist brace on, I really don't feel like developing carpal tunnel from minor tendinitis. :( That's one of the main reasons I don't like to use any weapons that have insane kick to them. That, and getting dizzy. :)

I wouldn't complain at all, if I never used it. But yeah, I'd like to know why Autoaim is very broken now. :(
No matter what I set it to, it acts like it's set to never. :(
Project Shadowcat

That was fixed in another SVN.
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

OH, so the Autoaim was a SVN error? That's good then. Whew. Now, is that new version up and running? Or should I drop back a version or two?

Also, is it my imagination or do sometimes SVNs stay save compatable once in a great while?
TypeSaucy

Post by TypeSaucy »

i hate changin the subject, but have anyone notice the sprites of the weapon that looks like it came from half-life changed?
Project Shadowcat

That doesn't say a damn thing. What weapon?
Arch-Valentine

Post by Arch-Valentine »

I haven't noticed any errors yet (Using SVN r233) and I don't use autoaim so...
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

Ah, well, so far, it appears to be Zdoom specific then. Since you use GZdoom, and not Zdoom, at least, with r233, I'd think so.
They are also errors in the console that appear rather fast, so you might have to hit the ~ key and then scroll upwards to see them, if they existed.
So, PDF, how come there hasn't been a new version of the SVN yet? I mean, 1356 can't be the last one, although it's begining to look like it. What version number is yours? If it's later than 1356, I'd like to know where you got it.

As for GZdoom, I probably won't use that for awhile.

Well, I reported a bug, so hey, at least we'll find out for certain.
Let's hope Graf doesn't respond with. "AGHH! You're an idiot!"
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

Project Dark Fox wrote:That doesn't say a damn thing. What weapon?
I assume he is talking about the Heavy Rocket Launcher, which uses the graphics of the RPG from Half-Life, IIRC.
TypeSaucy

Post by TypeSaucy »

well, not really. oh well. i dont know the name of the weapon. :(
Project Shadowcat

DavidB1000 wrote:So, PDF, how come there hasn't been a new version of the SVN yet? I mean, 1356 can't be the last one, although it's begining to look like it. What version number is yours? If it's later than 1356, I'd like to know where you got it.
I'm using r1355. ... I think that was the SVN where /before/ it broke...
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Welcome everyone to this thread. It feels fresh and pretty :P

Anyway, let's see what I can reply here.

About the autoaim: PDF said it has been fixed, so I assume it was indeed a engine problem; I dont think there is a way for a modder to disable the autoaim.

About the tons of messages: how ironic. I got rid of the messages of the FONTDEF lump, just to find out that in the latest revision, there are much more error messages :P. I will take a look into all of them and try to see where and why I screwed anything. I was working with r1303 (or so), and there seems to be no problems. (against what the info of the mod says) I would suggest to use a SVN that isnt the very last one.

About the chaos spellbook: it's there. Seems like I forgot to add it into the changelog (even though is one of the main attractions of this patch) :oops:
X-CrAzYkOoL-X wrote:i hate changin the subject, but have anyone notice the sprites of the weapon that looks like it came from half-life changed?
I think you mean the lasser cannon which uses the graphics of the... egon-something gun from half life. Yeah, I forgot it's name :P
Ethril wrote:I assume he is talking about the Heavy Rocket Launcher, which uses the graphics of the RPG from Half-Life, IIRC.
well, that was in 3.0 IIRC. Right now it uses the DN3d RPG ones.

Thanks for the feedback :)
Project Shadowcat

DBThanatos wrote:About the autoaim: PDF said it has been fixed, so I assume it was indeed a engine problem; I dont think there is a way for a modder to disable the autoaim.
It's true that the autoaim cannot be touched by the modder. However, when I discovered that it had been fixed in an earlier thread, it apparently hasn't been committed to the SVN yet. Either way, this is not AEoD's fault at all.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”