Heretic Element Storm v0.91

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
zitro

Re: Heretic Element Storm v0.8

Post by zitro »

Maelstrom wrote:I'm doing elemental Minotaurs, and if you fight a Light or Dark one you better hope your playing coop. Cause it'll be a tough fight, but it's randomed every time so if you cant beat it just get the random to re-roll by saving your last save at the end of the previous level.
mmm, then for the light/dark minotaurs, when doing their own attacks, make them not as powerful for balancing purposes, so that we shouldn't have to rely on chance and start a whole level again because a minotaur happened to be light/dark and we can't defeat it because it's hard or we ran out of ammo because the light minotaur keeps regenerating while we carefully fight it.
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

Are you planning a doom version of this? I can clearly see Heretic getting played a LOT more because of this, but at the end of the day Doom2 is what most of the community is used to and wants to play. Not to mention there's an infinite amount of Doom2 levels to play, and not so many Heretic ones.
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

Cutman does have a valid point. I'd like to see a Doom version of this too. It would be kind of cool.

Anyway, thanks again for explaining the elemental force things. I've been playing too much Diablo II recently, so yeah, I'm going to be a little slow in reports. :)
Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

@Cutmanmike: I'll think about it, just I need to png everything cause the Purple colours in Doom are severely lacking. Then I also need ideas for weapons, I mean i have some.

Fire: Flamethrower
Water: Cryo Cannon
Earth: ?
Air: Some sort of Air Force Weapon
Steel: Shotgun!
Glass: ?
Acid: Bio-Rifle
Energy: Shock Rifle
Light: ?
Dark: Some kind of hellish weapon

Also I'm releasing a new version of this today. THe new cooperative versio will be for the testers only. But there is going to be a public release of ST forums of the competitive version, that is compatible, with DM, CTF, LMS and other gamemodes aswell.
Ryan Cordell
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ryan Cordell »

Earth: Rock spamming chaingun?
Light: Staff/Spear (of Destiny. :P)?
Glass: Reflection and, alt fire would be glass shard spray?
Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

Lol, there comical but there not much else I can come up with for Earth, Light or Glass for Doom, but anywho this is Heretic version and I'm finishing it first before I do another. :)
Project Shadowcat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

Cutmanmike wrote:Are you planning a doom version of this? I can clearly see Heretic getting played a LOT more because of this, but at the end of the day Doom2 is what most of the community is used to and wants to play. Not to mention there's an infinite amount of Doom2 levels to play, and not so many Heretic ones.
Maybe it can encourage more Heretic modding if this is done right? I've been quiet until now, but I think this looks pretty cool so far.

On another note, look at all the pretty colors in those screenshots. :trippy:
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

Earth: A weapon that summons rock pillar spikes underground?
Air: Tornado weapon. :wink:
Glass: A mirror type weapon that absorbs attacks and use that energy to create glass shards
Light: Flashlight? :P
Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

@Project Dark Fox: I was hoping to encourage heretic modding with this project because I enjoy Heretic about as much as Doom, I can't say the same for Hexen though. But Heretic just seems to have a lack of mods on most communities, its good to see there is a Heretic Treasure Chest coming out, I intend to make sure this is compatible with it.

@Unknown Assassin: Nice ideas, Tornado is what the Air weapon does in the Heretic version though, but they can be the same I guess :P.

I'm releasing a public version of the Competitive version of this on Skulltag today. Allows players to use all these weapons in DM, CTF, LMS and various other competitive gamemodes. You get a random weapon on spawning but you can still find other weapons across the maps.
Project Shadowcat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

Maelstrom wrote:@Project Dark Fox: I was hoping to encourage heretic modding with this project because I enjoy Heretic about as much as Doom, I can't say the same for Hexen though. But Heretic just seems to have a lack of mods on most communities, its good to see there is a Heretic Treasure Chest coming out, I intend to make sure this is compatible with it.
It's a shame, really. Despite the lack of variety in textures (that might be why Doom II is popular, along with the variety of monsters), I love playing Heretic.
Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

@Project Dark Fox: Same, that's why I'm making this to give it a bit more variety.

Also any Skulltag players here at Zdoom Competitive version of this has been released, for DM, CTf, LMS any competitive gamemode.
http://skulltag.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16116
Imp Hunter

Post by Imp Hunter »

Maelstrom wrote:Fire: Flamethrower
Steel: Shotgun!
Earth: A gun just like an Nail Gun, but with rocks
Glass: Hmm...errr...another Nail gun, but with glass? :|
Light: Holy grenade from Worms! I have the sprites :mrgreen: ...but you gonna need to do the hand throwing the grenade :oops:
Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

Honestly if I did a doom one I'd probably try to keep it remotely serious, like the weapons for this one, though a holy hand grenade does pretty awesome. Maybe I can make that the light inventory item.
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

Fire: Flamethrower
Steel: SUPER Shotgun!
Earth: SUPER STONEFISTS BERSERKER PACK!!1!1 or maybe a rock gun along the lines of heretic's firemace.
Air: Something that shoots gusts of air that can push enemies or projectiles around.
Glass: Either some kind of ripper projectile or something that explodes into small ripper projectiles. Basically, either a nail gun or a flak cannon. Hell, maybe even both; They invented altfires for a reason, y'know.
Light: Some kind of shiny white laser beam. :woh: (holy hand grenade would be awesome too, of course)
Dark: You could go with the cliche demon-summoner/reviver, or the also-cliche Unmaker. Or a less-sucky version of the Soulcube. I was going to say some sort of Wraithverge with like lost souls or something but you already did that for Heretic. :P
Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

How did this become the topic of a doom version of this, as I said I intend to finish this one first before I even think of starting on a new one. So this is Heretic, your ideas a good and I will look back on them when I get to the doom version but for now it's Heretic :)

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”