cs for skulltag and condition zero for zdoom

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

cs for skulltag and condition zero for zdoom

Postby DOOMERO-21 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:15 pm

well this mod, is not for zdoom directly...the skulltag port use the zdoom configuration, decorates codes, acs codes, etc....well i have some troubles with the "c4" , yea the detonator or c4 i like to know how i can to configure the c4 : the chronometrical time for preparing the explosion and remove the c4 by the counter terrorist....a friend said me..acs code is the solution.. i have not idea the acs code, only weapons decorates XD i need i litltle help for this please.

this is a little description of this wad:
this megawad ( in progress) , team DDP ( Doomero and Demmon Proyect )
is working in this mod...a total convertion only for skulltag port.

DDP team members:
Doomero ( boss)
Demmon (boss)
Lukas
Deimos Anomaly
Bagheadspydei
Skullcreack667
Jack the Ripper

influences:

WAD bf-cdoom for edge by "Blackfish" ( weapons sprites)
wwdiaz.wad (decorate reloading, energy progress and pain sound configuration)
doom3 weapons zdoom (decorate information)
zendinamic.wad ( decorate for the shield+gun)
ninjaduel.wad (decorate and sprites for the smoke grenade)
cs textures by "xaver nl" from skulltag forum
playerfootstep.wad by my friend Demmon
half life model viewer ( for the new guns)
paint ( simple to capture the rips **)
zd gamerecorder ( the videos)
zdoom 2.17 and zdoom 2.18 ( skulltag not support the zdoom 2.18 get)
the Doomero`S Brain ( for make any decorate configuration and new utilities ) LOL !

Well the description :

this wad have:

for the moment: 32 weapons..but increase the number every day....
cs skins:
5 terrorist
5 counterterrorist
neutral skin ( replace marine)

cs maps: for the moment 6 maps...but the mission is between 20-30 cs maps.

map01: "assault" by Lukas
map02: "almacen" by Doomero
map03: "D_train" by Doomero
map04: "pf_dust" by Doomero
map05: "de_dust" by Demmon
map06: "the cell" by Lukas

maybe the crouche button is a deal....i try to talk the skulltag administrators for this porblem.

new weapons: bf-cdoom haved 26 weapons and i add new weapons:
new knife: is the same of cs 1.6
smoke grenade
usp with the selencer (by blacfish) and the usp normnal ( modificate by doomero)
maverick with silencer (by blackfish) and the maverick normal (by doomero)
shield+knife
shield+ desert eagle
shield+p228 (progress)
shield+glock18(in porgress)
shield+usp(in porgress)
shield+fiveseven ( in progress)

super magnum rifle (in progress)
detonador or bomb or c4 ( maybe )
flashbang ( maybe)

infrared google ( maybe)

this mod is not dm, team dm, coop, ctf, etc.....
is a new game mod...the mode team games is the best choice for skulltag......

the team is working to make the buy menu....but is a dificult job
% progress : 74%

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=fUvEHgjSWVM

the final escene of this video , showed the c4 and the shield+usp.....

why for skulltag? : USE ZDOOM CONFIGURATON AND HAVE A COMPATIBLE MOD FOR THIS WAD: team last man standing or team games. one of this mods is the perfect game mode.

edited:

counter strike condition zero: mission imposible for zdoom
this my personal proyect but in the future i will need help, this is diferent cs version is not the same cs tc for skulltag
is a single player game and your mission is defeat the terrorist!!

the proyect was started when the cs for skulltag ( the first beta) was relase in skulltag forums, this condition zero is absolutly only for zdoom!!
Last edited by DOOMERO-21 on Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
DOOMERO-21

Re: counter strike for doom

Postby Sodaholic » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:27 pm

If this is your first mod of Doom, slow down. It's best to do small projects until you think you're skilled enough to do a large scale mod. There are many total conversions that bite the dust early in development. I'm not trying to discourage you, but if you are just a beginner, it may be time to consider smaller projects.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just saw the video and it looks like you're skilled. :)
Sodaholic
Banned User

Postby DOOMERO-21 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:36 pm

is not my first doom mod, this proyect i started since august and the the previous months, i make any doom mod but nothing comparable for this mod.....i studing any weapons decorate and wads.

or maybe you know a acs tutorial ?

the c4 is made with decorate but i dont know ...the chronometrical time for the explosion is making by decorate or acs.....?

a especific place to plant the bomb and desactivaded by the counterterrorist, is very dificult to make ?
DOOMERO-21

Postby bagheadspidey » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:32 pm

This looks like an awesome mod!

Alright, if I remember correctly the bomb needs to be placed in a specific spot on the map for a few seconds to win the round. The other team can come by and deactivate the bomb before the timer is up.

You probably want to do something like this: When the bomb is dropped, have it call an ACS script that checks the location of the bomb to make sure it is on the target. Then, the script continuously loops, counting seconds and monitoring the state of the bomb. Once the seconds counted exceed a certain number, the bomb should explode and the round will end. The loop should be broken out of if the bomb is removed from play. You could allow the bomb to be removed simply by walking over it.

But how, you ask? Well, first you should read this. Once you have written and compiled a simple ACS script and seen it work, you are ready to get started.

• Give the bomb a unique TID (thing id). We will need that later.
  • When the bomb is dropped, it should call your ACS script from DECORATE (try ACS_Execute)
  • The script should first check the position of the bomb to be sure it is on the target. Try GetActorX and GetActorY.
  • The script should then enter a timed loop, incrementing a counter on each pass.
  • Within the loop, the script should check to make sure the bomb still exists. One way to do this would be to have the bomb run a script that sets some value in a global variable when it is dropped, and unsets the value when it is picked up (again, by calling an ACS script from DECORATE). If the bomb does not exist, the counter should be reset and the loop should be broken out of (try ACS_Terminate)
  • Within the loop, the script should check the counter to see if it exceeds a certain amount. If so, the level should end.

Well, it won't really be quite that simple, but that should be enough to get you started!
bagheadspidey

Postby DOOMERO-21 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:39 pm

o thanks! =) i really need that answer .....really i need the bomb works.

others things...counter terrorist and terrorist skins, well ...in the begining ddp team take the decision to transformate the cs skins and various player classes, is a deal, becuase every player class started with a specific gun ( counter terrorist : knife and the usp with silenser or not // terrorist: knife, and the glock 18). and this wad maybe works on team last man standing or team game but a specific player start for the 2 team, because the rules are:

blue team: counterterrorist
red team: terrorist

a specific team started in the map is posible?

and the most dificult thing for now: "the buy menu" .......... skulltag`s people tell me: the mode "team games is more apropiate for this wad"

and is true, is not dm ( i dont like the idea : if you die: return to player started ) the good idea: if you dies , you cant return ) maybe i called a survivor mode, the ultimate member of the team is the winner or the bomb explode, a terrorist victory! or not becuase the counterterrorist maybe stoped the bomb XD.
Last edited by DOOMERO-21 on Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
DOOMERO-21

Postby Cheeseball » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:26 am

Holy shit. Are those 3D weapon models or did you seriously capture the animation frame-by-frame?
Cheeseball
Queso de Bola

Postby BouncyTEM » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:23 am

clearly animation frame-by-frame.

Last I know of there isn't any zdoom-deriative {except maybe the old ZdoomGL} that supports weapon models.
BouncyTEM
All Caps Guy, Maker of Sir Belfin Dramatic Reading Series.

Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Postby Juan "JacKThERiPPeR » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:13 am

Demmon is actually a good fellow of mine, and we normally talk in MSN for hints about editing. Well, about this mod, looks neat. I believe the zoom of the sniper rifles are made with console commands in ACS, something I don't get to do.
Juan "JacKThERiPPeR
Got ego?
Banned User

Postby DOOMERO-21 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:51 am

oh yes? mmm i not see demmon the last 7days, maybe are sick or he goes another country, i dont know i not see on msm, or the doom forums =(

demmon is works the map "DE_DUST"

(edited)
hey jacktheripper
(no me percate de que eres de españa, oye has visto a demmon ultimamente?, desde navidad que no veo a demmon, no se que le habra pasado. si sabes algo de demmon me avisas por favor.)

saludos.
DOOMERO-21

Postby Nash » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:57 pm

Hey guys I have a better idea, let's just play Counter-Strike. You know, the one built on top of the Source engine.

To be more constructive, you and your team have a lot of talent. I think it's such a waste of good talent and time for you to recreate something that will end up crappy and half-assed compared to the real CS. Why don't you just make an original mod with an original concept?
Nash
AKA Nash Muhandes! Twitter/Facebook/Youtube: nashmuhandes

Twitch ID: nashmuhandes
Github ID: nashmuhandes

Postby Phucket » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:07 pm

I've never been too fond of the Counter Strike community. Obnoxious 13 year olds and social rejects are not the kind of people I like to play games with.
Phucket
Oh lawdy

Postby bagheadspidey » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:12 pm

Nash wrote:I think it's such a waste of good talent and time for you to recreate something that will end up crappy and half-assed compared to the real CS.

That's a little harsh, isn't it? It might be just as fun as original CS (easy for me to say, i never liked CS that much anyway) ... But more importantly think of all the good resources that will come out of this (assuming they don't mind if others use them) - all sorts of sprites, sounds, acs tricks, etc. Even though I will probably never see the end result (I have never played Skulltag) I think the project is interesting on many levels, and I encourage the authors to go ahead with it. Not that they need my encouragement, but... ;)
bagheadspidey

Postby wildweasel » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:16 pm

The team behind this mod is obviously very talented - it's a shame that they don't try to do something more than simply "porting" Counter-Strike to Doom. Come up with your own touches! Make it something decidedly not Counter-Strike. I mean, you can make a team-based tactical anti-terrorism mod if you want - but calling it Counter-Strike is going to not only put off the people that don't like CS in the first place (like me), it's also limiting yourself to just what CS has already done, and the people who are expecting CS may end up being disappointed that some features aren't present.
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Matt » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:19 pm

Make one side the demons.
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Postby DOOMERO-21 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:28 pm

emmm, well, the team not try to make the similar counter strike, a simply tc for the skulltag players, is not dm, a new game mod, the intention of the team is :

tactical movement
think the trouble
try to survivor
kill the other team
i see the any doom players ... playing dm or team dm......is simply: kill, kill, kill,kill,kill, more frags, more frags,etc......i think this wad maybe can give the diference...

now go to the post...

What is the limit on number of sprites can withstand doom?
the numbers of the cs sprite is very awesome.....

but i try to testing in zdoom or skulltag and:

when i kill the opositor force, the trouble appears: the server or zdoom collapses , or playing coop , the monsters kill me and the same trouble..my friend demmon tell me :

"maybe the trouble is the number of sprites"

my question is:

There is a solution to this, without removing sprites?
DOOMERO-21

Next

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects