Psxdoom

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
DoomKn1ght

Post by DoomKn1ght »

I know that colormap doesn't look to good in software particulary the blue ones it makes blue stain on some wall instead ofg coloring the whole thing
but the thing looks good in gl of gzdoom /skulltag but it is not my priority
because I dont know about the exact rvb value of each sector
and if kaiser has planed something about it.
I do the titlemap and credits and for the music it will be low quality
32kbps mp3 a high quality pack will be about 140 and 150megs(so
optional)
and I need to figure how I split a avi file into several pic and with the sound
in wavve or mp3. good tc if it is possible to rip gfx like titlebar.
anywayI wont upload somthing about 50megs if unfinished.
:?
Raz

Post by Raz »

Cutmanmike wrote:Like I said Doom psx's graphics seem to be different from final doom. I'll have to find final doom before I do anything with them.
Seems you were just halfway there...
Jesus.
Yeah, the shotgun was improved and redrawn in PSX Final, not because they were trying to improve on the PC sprites, but because the shine on the barrels in PSX Doom looked really bad where they had converted it to the reduced palette. So they did a new version with the colours they had.

PSX Doom looked really ugly in a lot of places, mainly because of the reduced amount of textures, but with Final Doom they made a much bigger effort to optimize it and make it look good, arguably better than any of the PC games. (Shame then that it only had 30 levels, despite what it said on the box, and only one cyberdemon in the entire game). They also replaced that terrible MS-Paint-style starry sky from PC TNT with a really atmospheric one (with a blue haze near the horizon). If you could rip that as well I'd be well pleased.

There was a cheat that made the walls transparent which may help with ripping that and the animated flame sky (although of course it may not). Otherwise the levels where I can remember you could get a good view of the flames were Mt Erebus and possibly Hell Gate (and Heck in Final Doom).
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

It's also possible that PSX Final Doom uses the same WAD stuffs that the PSX Doom stuff appears to have been ripped from.
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

There was a cheat that made the walls transparent which may help with ripping that and the animated flame sky (although of course it may not). Otherwise the levels where I can remember you could get a good view of the flames were Mt Erebus and possibly Hell Gate (and Heck in Final Doom).
The emulator i'm using actually doesn't draw any walls at all for some reason, and I was using hell gate to try and get it ;). I tried again but the huge amount of screenshots in memory reduced my pc speed to a crawl.

I guess I should find final doom then.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Cutmanmike wrote:I guess I should find final doom then.
http://tinyurl.com/2p9dze
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

Yeah I know... I know...

Just seems a waste since I had the damn game and now i'm buying it again just to rip some stuff. I guess I could put it on my PSP when i'm finished with the first Doom.
DoomKn1ght

Post by DoomKn1ght »

I am doing the titlemap I have talked about with few issue first I have a problem with several down/up scrolling hudmessage gfx
they scroll in software but not in gl and they are scaled differently between
zdoom gzdoom skulltag I tried sethudsize but no effect I think a scrolling
texture can do it though.

and I found a function called Playmovie : http://208.78.96.242/wiki/PlayMovie but it dont work I dont even what format of video is suppoted. and if the library can be found.

PSX doom also have a cast of character but it dont work with these map
I read someone is doing map to emulate this though.
There was a cheat that made the walls transparent
I wish something like this on zdoom for long for example a new decorate
powerup type like "XRAY" or something so I can make x-ray goggle :twisted:
Gez

Post by Gez »

DoomKn1ght wrote:and I found a function called Playmovie : http://208.78.96.242/wiki/PlayMovie but it dont work I dont even what format of video is suppoted. and if the library can be found.
It's probably going to be deprecated very soon anyway.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

DoomKn1ght wrote:and I found a function called Playmovie : http://208.78.96.242/wiki/PlayMovie but it dont work I dont even what format of video is suppoted. and if the library can be found.
Pretty much as the Wiki says, if your computer can play the video in WMP, then Zdoom is meant to be able to play it.

However, the feature has not been used by any released projects that I am aware of, doesn't work in GZdoom and, I have seen people saying, doesn't work in the current Zdoom either. In fact, it tended to be a bit unstable in my experience even when it was "working". There are no plans that I am aware of to try and fix or improve it. If anything, Gez is correct and it will be, or it already is, deprecated.
DoomKn1ght

Post by DoomKn1ght »

It's probably going to be deprecated very soon anyway.
Please don't there going to be this PSXDoomTC using this maybe.
Please zdoom developpers tell me how it work exactly? :)
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

It "works" as an ACS command or a console command. Try typing

playmovie moviename.avi

at the console. Where moviename.avi is the name (complete with path information if it isn't in the zdoom directory) of the movie file you want to play. Movies must not be inside WADs, but stand alone files. Good luck. ;)
DoomKn1ght

Post by DoomKn1ght »

works in widows media player :D .
zdoom 2.17 has encountered an error and must close :(
DoomKn1ght

Post by DoomKn1ght »

some sector seem to be messed up in level 59 club doom
+ a bad hud bar rip that I made. :?
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

DoomKn1ght wrote:works in widows media player :D .
zdoom 2.17 has encountered an error and must close :(
Don't use this feature. It has never really worked right and the developers have made known that they have no plans of supporting this feature. There's even been talk of simply removing it from future ZDoom versions.

I've added a deprecation warning to [wiki=PlayMovie]the wiki page[/wiki].
Chris Neilson

Post by Chris Neilson »

DoomKn1ght wrote:Image
some sector seem to be messed up in level 59 club doom
+ a bad hud bar rip that I made. :?
your statebar too stiny but get statebar and starms from psxdoom
2 image here:

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”