[Project] DB: OQJ (development forum! pg.1)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Juan "JacKThERiPPeR

[Project] DB: OQJ (development forum! pg.1)

Post by Juan "JacKThERiPPeR »

NEW: Development Forum! http://dboqj.creatuforo.com/index.php?mforum=dboqj

I've been doing somethings about this, and I haven't got still nothing more that I recieved for monsters. So I'll need someone to help me with this.

Actually, the story is based from the war between Rippers and humans. Rippers are a demon race, and a "noble" one, which differences them from normal demons.

The player must accomplish missions until a great boss mission. Why? Lemme explain: a human called John Shanders escaped from execution after an assault on the execution place. That's why. You must kill him as a good Ripper you are.

Oops, did I say "Ripper"? Yes. You are a Ripper. You serve for your Queen Hazina, and have to complete missions for the glory of Limbo. You play as the bad guys.

We set in the far future, about in the year 2667.

About the deadline, we should get the wad finished before 2008 or mid-2008.

Now, what I should need are the following kinds of parts:

DECORATE
Graphics
Levels
Scripting
Detail on Levels
Voice Acting(?)

I should, however, compile the main wad.

Mapping and Detailing: Map creations should separate in various phases: first one for a gameplay base, which determines the rooms necessary to achieve a basic gameplay. Second will be Mayor detailing, in which a detailer must place some good remarkable details, like really visible details like windows, cannons, etc. The third, will be for placing objects, like DECORATE actors, and so much. And then the final, which is minor detailing and last touches, with are minor decoration details.

DECORATE: Self-Explaining. The most we need are actors.

Graphics: We (or I) need: deepness on some item sprites. Also, a bit of originality from other projects. We gotta make, for example, some original death for a Ripper Soldier or a Robot, not the one that comes from the original game it came from. Mixes between game sprites are OK, but you gotta work on it a little bit more.

Scripting: I want a different and original intermission and stats, for example. Really, I gotta love something different from Doom's Intermission screen. Also, look for a way to create dynamic mission objectives. Anyways, anything I ask for must be done (unless it needs DoomScript and so I need to be slapped with a piano).

Voice Acting: Especially for cinematics and dialogs. Self-Explaining.

Overall: In the year 2667, we should set in in a futuristic Hell, so it is a colony or something. Everything should set in the original story, except for easter eggs, that we should talk about later.

Evolution: We need, firstly, to plan the actors and the objects in DECORATE, and all necessary scripts. And make them along with the graphics. With this and the textures, I should compile a resource wad for the maps you're gonna make. Despite the fact I've got screens of WIP, but this is incomplete.

Me: I should make the base of the levels, and maybe detailing other's levels too. And maybe a bit of everything.

I should put in screens, but I am on a cybercafé. Whenever I arrive at home, I should put some screenies.

Well, you can ask me any questions. I can't believe I wrote this... huuuge thing...

EDIT: SCREENS! (Yeah, I know they're crap.)
Last edited by Juan "JacKThERiPPeR on Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Juan "JacKThERiPPeR

Sorry for the bump, but I really have the need of helpers in this project. It's been like a couple of days since I haven't recieved any reply.

Oh, and I forgot, I'm recruiting Voice Actors from http://www.voiceactingclub.com . So I don't need so much actors unless they're female, which no one of them actually audition.
Xaeverion

Post by Xaeverion »

I think its a cool storyline, although in my opinion some of the terms are a bit lame sounding. Thats just my opinion though, don't let that put you down.
Juan "JacKThERiPPeR

Xaeverion wrote:I think its a cool storyline, although in my opinion some of the terms are a bit lame sounding. Thats just my opinion though, don't let that put you down.
I think it's about 2 words: bad english. I don't know how to express it.

EDIT: Corrected the bad english and redundant phrases into a more comprehensible thing.
Xaeverion

Post by Xaeverion »

Well I don't really understand your last post.

Anyway, from the screenshots, can I guess that you take the form of a human and sneak around them?
Juan "JacKThERiPPeR

Xaeverion wrote:Well I don't really understand your last post.

Anyway, from the screenshots, can I guess that you take the form of a human and sneak around them?
For stealth missions, yes. In the rest of them you're simply a Ripper. I've planned the missions, but I'll reserve them whenever I get graphical and scripted resources.

You can always ask questions at will.
spoone

Post by spoone »

This looks very cool.Also about helping i can't acutally help you at all.I can be a tester but only when you get to that point.
Juan "JacKThERiPPeR

spoone wrote:This looks very cool.Also about helping i can't acutally help you at all.I can be a tester but only when you get to that point.
If we get any beta, you should do it. On the meanwhile, don't do it.
Dancso

Post by Dancso »

Sounds promising! ;)

I could write some scripts for you... And i can maybe come up with a few textures, if you need. Just tell me what kind of texture/script you need, and i'll try to make it. (PM me about it/them.)
Juan "JacKThERiPPeR

I've sent you a PM about it.
Juan "JacKThERiPPeR

I forgot something: I've recieved auditions for voice casting for the project. And they're looking good! Here are the auditions.

http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=WP3ACT3O
Juan "JacKThERiPPeR

Sorry for the bump.

I've made a dev-forum for all the contributors.
http://dboqj.creatuforo.com/index.php?mforum=dboqj
Juan "JacKThERiPPeR

Recieved more auditions.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”