Arachnotron Doom Launcher 1.1.4

Launchers like ZDL, DoomRunner, and others belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Lycanite

Re: Arachnotron Doom Launcher - New Project

Post by Lycanite »

YUGMOOD65 wrote:Hello. I just registered because i really like your work for the Launcher here.
I was searching for one that has functions, but also looks good. And yours is exactly the one.
Now, after a little bit of playing around with it i still having some questions/requests if you don´t mind:
2019-06-20 14_18_35-Arachnotron Doom Launcher 1.0.2.jpg
1. As you can see from the screenshot, i´ve tried to change the icons of the logos. Sadly this results in this grey background.
What i really would love here would a possibility to either change the Background to different Colors, a additional PNG of it´s own, or completely transparent.
2. For the left "Blue Side Bar" i would really suggest to maybe make it an option to either change the colors too or choosing a PNG.
3. Same goes for the Background, which actually needs the most Customization i think. The way i launch this Launcher is always in a maximized Window, this results of course in this ugly grey Background. An option here to change the Background to a PNG would be perfect.

Alltogether you did an amazing job with this. Seems i finally found my Launcher for Doom. :D
Sorry for the late response, I'm going to be releasing a new update for this launcher soon as I'm cleaning up a lot of it's code and has some designs I want to adjust. I'll add an option to completely hide the metal bray background box for you, so keep an eye out for update 1.1.0.
Gamerwarrior117 wrote:How do i load the maps? im not sure how to sure this.
You can load maps by adding them to the Additional Files List found on the left in the launch view.
Lycanite

Post by Lycanite »

I have updated the Launcher to 1.1.0, this is most a code overhaul but also fixes several issues and adds a few new features to the launcher, more details about the update are on the website.
Lycanite

Re: Arachnotron Doom Launcher 1.1.1

Post by Lycanite »

I've updated the launcher to 1.1.1.
This adds automatic Iwad finding and mass profile/category importing.
This also fixes some file selection issues from 1.1.0 in the iwads and engines menu.
Lycanite

Re: Arachnotron Doom Launcher 1.1.2

Post by Lycanite »

And another update (1.1.2), I've been working on this launcher a lot over the weekend. I've added Profile Inheritance one a profile can load Resources, Cvar, Players Classes and Additional Arguments from one or more other profiles! So you can have one large profile and then a few smaller ones that inherit from it and then add more files on top or use a different Iwad, etc.
I've also updated the Linux builds now too, though I still need to figure out how to distribute this through package managers.
masternoxx

Re: Arachnotron Doom Launcher 1.1.4

Post by masternoxx »

This is excellent work! Thank you!
Love the title art display, program not too hard to use. Very nice work! :D
Craneo
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Craneo »

I see some options for server hosting, can this be used to host servers? is there a tutorial on how to do so? I really want to host a HDest server for me and some friends, which I've been planning for a long while...

EDIT: I found a bug with Zandronum, Arachnotron and that Moddb ZDoom Midi soundfont pack, it seems that in Arachnotron it doesn't detect the Zandronum soundfonts unless you pick the default Midi players, the Midi player works like normal in multiplayer, and even singleplayer when just using the Zandronum exe, I need to experiment more with this, maybe I'm missing something...
Gamerwarrior117

Post by Gamerwarrior117 »

Lycanite wrote:
YUGMOOD65 wrote:Hello. I just registered because i really like your work for the Launcher here.
I was searching for one that has functions, but also looks good. And yours is exactly the one.
Now, after a little bit of playing around with it i still having some questions/requests if you don´t mind:
2019-06-20 14_18_35-Arachnotron Doom Launcher 1.0.2.jpg
1. As you can see from the screenshot, i´ve tried to change the icons of the logos. Sadly this results in this grey background.
What i really would love here would a possibility to either change the Background to different Colors, a additional PNG of it´s own, or completely transparent.
2. For the left "Blue Side Bar" i would really suggest to maybe make it an option to either change the colors too or choosing a PNG.
3. Same goes for the Background, which actually needs the most Customization i think. The way i launch this Launcher is always in a maximized Window, this results of course in this ugly grey Background. An option here to change the Background to a PNG would be perfect.

Alltogether you did an amazing job with this. Seems i finally found my Launcher for Doom. :D
Sorry for the late response, I'm going to be releasing a new update for this launcher soon as I'm cleaning up a lot of it's code and has some designs I want to adjust. I'll add an option to completely hide the metal bray background box for you, so keep an eye out for update 1.1.0.
Gamerwarrior117 wrote:How do i load the maps? im not sure how to sure this.
You can load maps by adding them to the Additional Files List found on the left in the launch view.
cool, are mods supported?
mamaluigisbagel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by mamaluigisbagel »

I noticed when adding player classes, then choosing a specific one to start a map with when launching a game, I started the map as the completely wrong class. (ie I tested Brutal Doom Dox addon since it had 5 classes, and despite matching the player class names, choosing Purist would start me as a random class)

Is the player class specifically designed for use with Hexen, is it a bug, or am I missing something?

Return to “Launchers”