Doomie id Tech 1 frontend launcher Release 1.7

Launchers like ZDL, DoomRunner, and others belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
lmills87
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Doomie id Tech 1 frontend launcher Release 1.7

Post by lmills87 »

Hello buja-buja! I posted also over on doom world but I noticed that you posted here more recently so I wanted to increase the chances you would see this:

First off, I want to say that Doomie is, in my opinion, the most intuitive Doom frontend I've come across so far. You have really minimized pointless space and reduce redundancy quite a bit.

However, I have an issue. When I'm using the program, occasionally my mouse will "stutter" as I'm moving it around the screen. It's like my FPS suddenly dips down. It usually doesn't last for more than a few seconds and then everything is smooth again, but then it will happen again not too long after.

I do have a g-sync monitor so I'm not sure if that could be causing any conflicts with your program. I also experience something similar with Microsoft Word and Excel; it's a known issue. But with other frontends I have used, I have not experienced a similar issue.

Any ideas?

Edit: Just turned off g-sync and the issue went away. So it does appear to be related to g-sync. Any chance that there's something you could do on your end to improve compatibility with g-sync monitors?

Edit #2: Well now I'm not so sure that it's only related to g-sync. My friend reported that her computer "froze" for a bit while the Doomie window was up, and she doesn't have a g-sync monitor. For me, it seems to be related when the Doomie window has focus.
veryeviltomato

Post by veryeviltomato »

Hey man thanks so much this is the best launcher I've used so far, it's very minimalistic and it's exactly what I need, you just plug your playlist and choose whatever wads you want to jump in it's really good, wish more users knew about this launcher.
elCreyo
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/Windows 10

Post by elCreyo »

I find it to be very useful. I've added it to my Steam library and it works perfect.

Return to “Launchers”