Paledit (v0.73 beta 2018/11/01)

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Talon1024

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Paledit (v0.73 beta 2018/11/01)

Post by Talon1024 »

NOTE: Refresh the page to ensure you're up to date.

I have been working on an HTML5 palette editor using Angular for the past few months. Now, it's finally somewhat finished. Although there's quite a lot that needs to be done, you can already do some cool things with it.

Start editing your palettes by clicking here!
Or get the code from GitHub by clicking here.

And here's a silly example of a palette I made with paledit, which turns everything into FIREBLU.

2018/08/09 - v0.6 public beta is out! Check out the changelog at the bottom of the "Help" dialog to see what's new.
2018/08/21 - v0.7 public beta released. I re-wrote much of Paledit's internals for better adherence to Model-View-Controller design philosophy and separation of concerns.
2018/08/23 - v0.71 public beta released. This release comes with a new favicon, and several bug fixes. Make sure you refresh the page so that you're using the latest version.
2018/09/02 - v0.72 public beta released. I fixed a few bugs, as well as reworked the colour info displays. I also added colour info displays below each colour on the gradient preview.
2018/11/01 - v0.73 public beta released. This one comes with some new copy/paste features.
Last edited by Talon1024 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:08 am, edited 8 times in total.
Nash

Re: Paledit (v0.5 public beta)

Post by Nash »

Thank you! I'm gonna play around with this soon. :)
Galaxy_Stranger

Re: Paledit (v0.5 public beta)

Post by Galaxy_Stranger »

Very Cool!
Talon1024

Re: Paledit (v0.6 beta 2018/08/09)

Post by Talon1024 »

v0.6 is out! Check out the changelog by scrolling to the bottom of the "Help!" dialog, and have fun with the new features.
Talon1024

Re: Paledit (v0.7 beta 2018/08/21)

Post by Talon1024 »

v0.7 beta is out, after a major rewrite of the internals. However, selecting colour ranges may still be a bit wonky from re-writing Paledit's internals.
Talon1024

Re: Paledit (v0.72 beta 2018/09/02)

Post by Talon1024 »

I just released the v0.72 beta with a few bug fixes, and a new feature.

However, I'd like some help with the colour copy/paste feature. Right now, it only copies colours and pastes them to the same location they were originally copied from. This is useful for copying colours from one palette to another palette based on or similar to the first palette, but not for copying colours between different palettes (Doom and Heretic for example), or copying colours from one range to another.

If you have 16 colours selected, and you copy those and try to paste those onto a 4 colour range, what should I do? Should I attempt to average out the original 16 colours to 4 colours? Should I paste the whole 16 colours regardless of the destination range length?

And what should I do if you have 4 colours in the clipboard, and try to paste them onto an 8 colour range? Also, what should I do if you have 16 colours copied, and you paste them when you only have 1 colour selected?

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”