ZDoom LE (Legacy Edition)

Software projects like source ports (3DGE, Eternity, etc), launchers like ZDL, and other useful utilities belong in this forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: ZDoom LE (Legacy Edition)

Postby Rachael » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:03 am

You'll see one if you attempt to enable truecolor in software.

If it doesn't work then your system does not support Pixel Shader 1.4, which is required to get the D3D backend working.
Rachael
Not all elves needs a stocking hat...

Postby drfrag » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:52 am

Actually ZDoom32 is the one with truecolor support and that one requires GL 2.0 but it's the old renderer with shaders.
You'd see a difference anyway since the UI would be in truecolor but d3d won't work on your machine since your card obviously doesn't support pixel shaders (you need DX8.1 hardware support and DX9 installed).
But with the preliminary d3d renderer in ZDoom Classic you wouldn't see a difference (if it worked on your machine that is).
drfrag
ZDoom32 developer.

Postby Dragon Mech » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:57 pm

the D3D renderer does work. but the 3D Rage Pro only has hardware support for DX6. as far as i know, the oldest windows OS that supports DX9 is Win2k.
Dragon Mech
The Dragonic Machine

Postby Kizoky » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:06 pm

Dragon Mech wrote:the D3D renderer does work. but the 3D Rage Pro only has hardware support for DX6. as far as i know, the oldest windows OS that supports DX9 is Win2k.

Actually you can have Directx9 on Windows 98SE, I know this because when I installed DirectX i ran dxdiag and it showed it, but it really doesn't make any difference since the laptop's VGA (or any old computer's VGA/GPU) doesn't support it, only DirectX8
Kizoky
Mysteries becomes when one forgets about it

Discord: Kizoky#4900

Postby drfrag » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:10 pm

I've released new versions of both ZDoom LE and Classic. This LE update mainly adds a couple of new low detail modes and fixes the BD v21 crash with large textures on old graphic cards in software. I've updated the old win95 version as well even when i said it was discontinued. See first post.
drfrag
ZDoom32 developer.

Postby Dragon Mech » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:53 pm

cool. i'll try out the new LE this weekend
Dragon Mech
The Dragonic Machine

Previous

Return to Software and Ports