GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Blue Shadow

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Post by Blue Shadow »

That only applies to the morph functions, as far as I'm aware.

The TID parameter isn't optional in SpawnSpotFacingForced, actually, so it needs to be passed. The wiki was wrong.
blood

Post by blood »

I somehow managed to get a crash report of a random freeze when in 3D View Mod.
Format: Zandronum Doom2 UDMF

Code: Select all

***********SYSTEM INFO***********
GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
GZDB: R2921

********EXCEPTION DETAILS********
D3DERR_INVALIDCALL: Invalid call (-2005530516)
   à SlimDX.Result.Throw[T](Object dataKey, Object dataValue)
   à SlimDX.Result.Record[T](Int32 hr, Boolean failed, Object dataKey, Object dataValue)
   à SlimDX.Direct3D9.Device.BeginScene()
   à CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Rendering.D3DDevice.StartRendering(Boolean clear, Color4 backcolor, Surface target, Surface depthbuffer) dans w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Rendering\D3DDevice.cs:ligne 441
   à CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Rendering.Renderer3D.Start() dans w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Rendering\Renderer3D.cs:ligne 309
   à CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.BaseVisualMode.OnRedrawDisplay() dans w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Plugins\BuilderModes\VisualModes\BaseVisualMode.cs:ligne 1224
   à CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.RedrawDisplay() dans w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Windows\MainForm.cs:ligne 1011
   à CodeImp.DoomBuilder.VisualModes.VisualMode.OnProcess(Int64 deltatime) dans w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\VisualModes\VisualMode.cs:ligne 1132
   à CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.BaseVisualMode.OnProcess(Int64 deltatime) dans w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Plugins\BuilderModes\VisualModes\BaseVisualMode.cs:ligne 1193
   à CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.processor_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e) dans w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Windows\MainForm.cs:ligne 4267
   à System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)[quote][/quote]
SiMpLeToNiUm

Reference Manual

Post by SiMpLeToNiUm »

Does the Reference Manual need a file to work?

I got GZDoom Builder from here :
Spoiler:
extracted the 7z and ran Builder.exe.

I changed nothing, opened no maps, only opened the links in the Help section, and only opened the Errors and Warnings a few times.

I tried to use the Manual in every way I know how, but I have come to the conclusion that it may only work with a file that I do not have.

I am beginning the switch from Doom Builder 2 to GZdoom Builder, so I wanted to know everything there is to know about the latter.

Here is an image of the Manual open, after attempting to open some topics:
Spoiler:

Thanks for reading
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: Reference Manual

Post by Kappes Buur »

hatakethecopyninja wrote:Does the Reference Manual need a file to work?
This might help you https://weblog.west-wind.com/posts/2012 ... r-Internet

However, if that does not work then you can use a stand alone app CHM DECODER by GridInsoft
SiMpLeToNiUm

Re: Reference Manual

Post by SiMpLeToNiUm »

Kappes Buur wrote:This might help you
Solved. Thank you.

I only had to open the help file one time within the GZDB directory.

After that there was a security prompt. Unchecking 'always show this when I attempt to open this file' was the solution.
Nash

Post by Nash »

class Z_SkyLightBase : PointLight {}

class Z_SkyLight                : Z_SkyLightBase {}
class Z_SkyLightAttenuated    : Z_SkyLightBase { Default{ +INCOMBAT } }

How do I make GZDB-BF recognize my custom dynamic lights? I'm not talking about the DoomEdNum, that part is not a problem.

What I mean is being able to render their circle radius in 2D view, and actually render lighting in the 3D view, as well as set the RGB and intensity parameters, just like the stock dynamic light actors.
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

You don't make it recognize anything because it currently doesn't really support inheriting special arguments in any way, including builtin dynlight inheritance.
Key word here is "currently". Might be added later. I don't have time for shit atm.

Currently it just checks for DoomEdNum to decide the light type.

edit: Added. Added your perversion with +INCOMBAT as well.
Note that this was pretty invasive change into the dynamic light detection code and somewhat into the custom actor argument parsing/inheritance code. Please report any unexpected behavior. Preferably to GitHub issues.

Basically, right now it should pretend that any actor inherited from *PointLight* classes is a builtin dynamic light.
It should inherit all arguments of that dynamic light type from the game configuration.
It should change the exact type of that dynamic light (normal, additive, subtractive, attenuated) based on actor flags in the replacing actor.

Also, added $ClearArgs to remove inherited arguments (both from game configuration and other actors).
SiMpLeToNiUm

Post by SiMpLeToNiUm »

ZZYZX wrote:edit: Added. Added your perversion with +INCOMBAT as well.
Note that this was pretty invasive change into the dynamic light detection code and somewhat into the custom actor argument parsing/inheritance code. Please report any unexpected behavior. Preferably to GitHub issues.
Basically, right now it should pretend that any actor inherited from *PointLight* classes is a builtin dynamic light.
It should inherit all arguments of that dynamic light type from the game configuration.
It should change the exact type of that dynamic light (normal, additive, subtractive, attenuated) based on actor flags in the replacing actor.
Also, added $ClearArgs to remove inherited arguments (both from game configuration and other actors).
I would like to post a praise rather than a bug or problem.

ZZYZX, you seem to be doing very good work here, and as a user, I appreciate it.

Wanted to highlight how quickly your changes were rolled out, detected by the editor on startup, and then seamlessly integrated as a patch.

Wonderful. Keep it up man!
Nash

Post by Nash »

ZZYZX wrote: edit: Added. Added your perversion with +INCOMBAT as well.
Hey that's not me; Graf Zahl decided to re-use existing flags rather than making new ones for whatever reason. :mrgreen:

THANK YOU for the fast addition. I'll tell you if there are any bugs (on the Github).
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Nash wrote:Hey that's not me; Graf Zahl decided to re-use existing flags rather than making new ones for whatever reason. :mrgreen:
Have you seen the flag fields in the source? I think we're up to our 7th 32-bit field now - and that's only for the actor class.

ActorFlags		flags;
	ActorFlags2		flags2;			// Heretic flags
	ActorFlags3		flags3;			// [RH] Hexen/Heretic actor-dependant behavior made flaggable
	ActorFlags4		flags4;			// [RH] Even more flags!
	ActorFlags5		flags5;			// OMG! We need another one.
	ActorFlags6		flags6;			// Shit! Where did all the flags go?
	ActorFlags7		flags7;			// WHO WANTS TO BET ON 8!?
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

You are forgetting the bounce flags word and the render flags word and the effect flags word, so we really are at 10, not 7...
The reason I hijacked those flags come from a time when the parser was less flexible. Don't forget that most of this stuff is 11 years old. Today I just would add a special light flags list.
Mysterious Haruko

Post by Mysterious Haruko »

blood wrote:I somehow managed to get a crash report of a random freeze when in 3D View Mod.
Format: Zandronum Doom2 UDMF

***********SYSTEM INFO***********
GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
GZDB: R2921

********EXCEPTION DETAILS********
D3DERR_INVALIDCALL: Invalid call (-2005530516)
   à SlimDX.Result.Throw[T](Object dataKey, Object dataValue)
   à SlimDX.Result.Record[T](Int32 hr, Boolean failed, Object dataKey, Object dataValue)
   à SlimDX.Direct3D9.Device.BeginScene()
   à CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Rendering.D3DDevice.StartRendering(Boolean clear, Color4 backcolor, Surface target, Surface depthbuffer) dans w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Rendering\D3DDevice.cs:ligne 441
   à CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Rendering.Renderer3D.Start() dans w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Rendering\Renderer3D.cs:ligne 309
   à CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.BaseVisualMode.OnRedrawDisplay() dans w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Plugins\BuilderModes\VisualModes\BaseVisualMode.cs:ligne 1224
   à CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.RedrawDisplay() dans w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Windows\MainForm.cs:ligne 1011
   à CodeImp.DoomBuilder.VisualModes.VisualMode.OnProcess(Int64 deltatime) dans w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\VisualModes\VisualMode.cs:ligne 1132
   à CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.BaseVisualMode.OnProcess(Int64 deltatime) dans w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Plugins\BuilderModes\VisualModes\BaseVisualMode.cs:ligne 1193
   à CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.processor_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e) dans w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Windows\MainForm.cs:ligne 4267
   à System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)[quote][/quote]
I've got the almost same error in 3d mode,except my format is boom. I couldn't do anything,even copy error message and post here. Does screenshot count as error report?I'm not very good code writer and error message is quite large.
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

Screenshot counts if it contains your graphics adapter name :)
Do you have Intel as well?
Mysterious Haruko

Post by Mysterious Haruko »

It doesn't. It was fatal windows forms error as I can see now. I don't know if this was my computer's fault or builder made weird things before got freeze. And yes I use Intel stuff inside. Should I try provide basic computer information and show that screenshot?
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

Would be nice if you did. No bug can be fixed without a valid stack trace. At least top two lines of it, which should be in the screenshot.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”