GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Batandy

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Post by Batandy »

This happened to me today:
If you look in this room at the specific direction pointed in the screenshot, the cursor becomes black
Going back to grid mode gives you this:

To make it turn back to normal i have to go in visual mode again, go to a room where the cursor becomes white again and then switch to grid mode.

If necessary i can provide the map file

EDIT: I've just tried moving the camera around with the render that doesn't draw 3d floors, slopes and dynamic lights, and the issue isn't there
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

Do you have any subtractive lights being used in that area? I had a similar problem just recently that only happened a couple of times, and only in a map with subtractive lights...
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

AFADoomer wrote:Do you have any subtractive lights being used in that area? I had a similar problem just recently that only happened a couple of times, and only in a map with subtractive lights...
Ok thanks for telling me that, it's definitely a problem with subtractive lights glitching the editor's render
Jekyll Grim Payne

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Jekyll Grim Payne »

I checked out the latest beta build (r2990) and noticed that GZDoom Builder thinks that the first argument of 16:Transfer_WallLight refers to a sector tag rather than a line ID. It literally says "sector tag" there, so I'm not sure I need to provide an example.

Also, for some reason slopes and 3D floors aren't enabled in 3D mode. Am I missing something?
Aaand... Ctrl-F9 doesn't work (doesn't start the level moving the playerstart at the mouse cursor).

But the latter two might be me doing something wrong. I feel like I have some outdated settings from original GzDB sitting somewhere and I'm not sure how to properly clean them (i.e. install it fresh).

Also, a small question. Is there any way to make it so that drawing in LINEDEFS mode doesn't create new sectors (even when I connect the vertices in an enclosed area)? I.e. I want to keep stitching vertices but within the same sector. When I need to create a, say, circle of lines for decorative purposes, it's kinda inconvenient that a new sector is created within them as soon as I finish drawing.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Jekyll Grim Payne wrote:I checked out the latest beta build (r2990) and noticed that GZDoom Builder thinks that the first argument of 16:Transfer_WallLight refers to a sector tag rather than a line ID. It literally says "sector tag" there, so I'm not sure I need to provide an example.
Well, the thing is that 16:Transfer_WallLight is named that only in the WIKI. In any of the GZDB editors it is called 16:Transfer Wall Brightness, from way back. As far as I can determine, that special does refer to Line ID.
Spoiler:
Jekyll Grim Payne wrote:Also, for some reason slopes and 3D floors aren't enabled in 3D mode. Am I missing something?
Aaand... Ctrl-F9 doesn't work (doesn't start the level moving the playerstart at the mouse cursor).
Both of those work for me.
Doublecheck Modes in F6 (Preferences)
Jekyll Grim Payne wrote:But the latter two might be me doing something wrong. I feel like I have some outdated settings from original GzDB sitting somewhere and I'm not sure how to properly clean them (i.e. install it fresh).
It is never a good idea to install a new version in the same folder as the old version.
Just to be save, delete the old config file GZBuilder.cfg (see Help for file location) and let the editor generate a new one. Of course, if you have set special configs, as in a particular colour scheme, you will loose that.
Jekyll Grim Payne wrote: Also, a small question. Is there any way to make it so that drawing in LINEDEFS mode doesn't create new sectors (even when I connect the vertices in an enclosed area)? I.e. I want to keep stitching vertices but within the same sector. When I need to create a, say, circle of lines for decorative purposes, it's kinda inconvenient that a new sector is created within them as soon as I finish drawing.
Here I am at a bit of a loss with what you have in mind.
If you want to make curves or circles from straight linedefs, then use Shift+C (Curve Linedefs) and specify the number of vertices, distance and angle.

If you set Distance to 0 then the linedef is simply split into segments.
Jekyll Grim Payne

Kappes Buur wrote:
Jekyll Grim Payne wrote: Also, a small question. Is there any way to make it so that drawing in LINEDEFS mode doesn't create new sectors (even when I connect the vertices in an enclosed area)? I.e. I want to keep stitching vertices but within the same sector. When I need to create a, say, circle of lines for decorative purposes, it's kinda inconvenient that a new sector is created within them as soon as I finish drawing.
Here I am at a bit of a loss with what you have in mind.
If you want to make curves or circles from straight linedefs, then use Shift+C (Curve Linedefs) and specify the number of vertices, distance and angle.
When you start drawing lines inside an already existing sector and enclose an area within them, that area turns into a separate sector. I don't want that to happen. I want those lines to stay bound to the original sector. I'm pretty sure that in vanilla DB if you drew lines in Linedefs mode, even if you enclosed an area within them, it wouldn't turn into a separate sector. For that you'd have to draw a sector in Sectors mode.
I hope I'm explaining this better :)
Kappes Buur wrote:
Jekyll Grim Payne wrote:Also, for some reason slopes and 3D floors aren't enabled in 3D mode. Am I missing something?
Both of those work for me.
Doublecheck Modes in F6 (Preferences)
OK, I deleted the config and created it again.
Ctrl+F9 works at camera position in Visual mode but doesn't work at mouse cursor position. I wonder if my gaming mouse driver might have something to do with it, although it shouldn't...

As for 3D floors and slopes... Well, I'm coming back to a map after a pretty long break. It's in GZDoom format. I'm pretty sure I was able to see slopes and 3D floors in it before. I actually don't see anything related in Modes. The only greyed out options are Ceiling Align and Floor Aling but I'm not sure that's them.
Kappes Buur wrote:
Jekyll Grim Payne wrote:I checked out the latest beta build (r2990) and noticed that GZDoom Builder thinks that the first argument of 16:Transfer_WallLight refers to a sector tag rather than a line ID. It literally says "sector tag" there, so I'm not sure I need to provide an example.
Well, the thing is that 16:Transfer_WallLight is named that only in the WIKI. In any of the GZDB editors it is called 16:Transfer Wall Brightness, from way back. As far as I can determine, that special does refer to Line ID.
Yes, but... It should say "Line ID" and it says "Sector Tag". And the arrow points to a sector with this tag (if present) instead of pointing to the line with that ID. I attached a screenshot.
Attachments
2017-09-25_211812.jpg
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

Oh, I see.

I get the reference to Sector Tag when using Codeimp's Doombuilder2
Spoiler:
Since then, however, many bugfixes have taken place.
Using any of the GZDoom Builder editors I get the reference to Line ID
Spoiler:
So, it appears that you now have a Frankenstein version of the editor.
Jekyll Grim Payne

Kappes Buur wrote: So, it appears that you now have a Frankenstein version of the editor.
My mistake. I forgot that these things are also kept inside cfg and I had a custom cfg, based off the old GZDoom.cfg, that I created long ago for that wad I'm working on.
SuaveSteve

Post by SuaveSteve »

Is it possible to have the 3D view up simultaneously while having a 2D view? Would make life very easy to see edits in 3D while working in 2D. Basically something like what GtkRadiant does.
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

I'm not sure if it is the right place to post this, so I apologize if I'm posting it in the wrong topic. But, could someone please take a look a this bug/problem? I just can't see the Linedef Properties Window in a particular map, but I can in other maps, and also can see the others Properties Windows.

Thanks in advanced.
Jekyll Grim Payne

This version sometimes seems to start randomly applying one of the previously used textures to newly-created linedefs for no obvious reason. Is there a way to firmly tell it to never auto-apply anything over "-"?
anotak

Post by anotak »

hey, I noticed an issue in DB2 & children that I fixed in DBX that I figured you should be aware of, the UDMF spec requires that unknown data in textmaps be preserved by editors that don't understand them.

https://github.com/anotak/doombuilderx/ ... 6806fbbbf4
here's my DBX commit that might work with some adaptation in GZDB-BF i think, assuming that GZDB didn't diverge too much from DB2 there
feel free to use it if it helps at all
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Jekyll Grim Payne wrote:This version sometimes seems to start randomly applying one of the previously used textures to newly-created linedefs for no obvious reason. Is there a way to firmly tell it to never auto-apply anything over "-"?
Seconded. This has always been one of the most annoying things the editor has done since DB2. If a wall is untextured, the editor should never "decide" to auto-apply textures to it. That is the job of the map designer. I like using no texture to start because I can texture as I go, but every time I draw lines or create sectors it flood fills the damn default textures.
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

Jekyll Grim Payne wrote:This version sometimes seems to start randomly applying one of the previously used textures to newly-created linedefs for no obvious reason. Is there a way to firmly tell it to never auto-apply anything over "-"?
That seems more than weird. I guess, for ZZYZX to fix this he would need a solid proof of failure mechanism.
Nevander wrote:.... I like using no texture to start because I can texture as I go, but every time I draw lines or create sectors it flood fills the damn default textures.
Easily done in Game_Doom.cfg, where you can specify the textures you want to start with or none, thusly

Code: Select all

// Default textures
defaultwalltexture = "-NOFLAT-";
defaultfloortexture = "-NOFLAT-";
defaultceilingtexture = "-NOFLAT-";
edit:
That has been possible ever since MaxED streamlined the configurations, which happen at the time of r1810, four years ago.
Last edited by Kappes Buur on Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
anotak

Post by anotak »

anotak wrote:hey, I noticed an issue in DB2 & children that I fixed in DBX that I figured you should be aware of, the UDMF spec requires that unknown data in textmaps be preserved by editors that don't understand them.

https://github.com/anotak/doombuilderx/ ... 6806fbbbf4
here's my DBX commit that might work with some adaptation in GZDB-BF i think, assuming that GZDB didn't diverge too much from DB2 there
feel free to use it if it helps at all
i had a bugfix to this
https://github.com/anotak/doombuilderx/ ... d03fbb370d
in case you do use it

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”