GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
VGA

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Post by VGA »

Nevander wrote:
ZZYZX wrote:Latest. I don't even have the R27something.
Alright so it was probably fixed somewhere in between. As long as it isn't happening on the latest is what I wanted to know.
Just drop the latest version in a new folder and test it.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Since no one eIse seems to have noticed, I might as well draw attention
to the enormous file size of the latest revision download :shock:
Spoiler:
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

Oh god. I should really stop putting things into the build directory. Sorry guys. I don't notice such stuff because of my upload bandwidth >_>
When this happens, it's generally wads that are sent for testing that I for whatever reason usually put in the GZDB directory... then boom, this.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

File symlinks are a very useful tool, and I use that to build a separate GZDoom folder from my MSVC++ build environment, rather than using the actual build output folders, themselves.

If you don't know how to use them in Windows, I think you might like looking it up. It has saved me so much trouble.
Nash

Post by Nash »

When pasting copied sectors, it auto-sets the flats textures to something, even when I specifically want them to be "-" (ie nothing).

This did not use to be the case and is slightly annoying now, please make it optional, thanks!
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

Do you know that there is no option of having "no flat" in the engine? Or rather, there is, but only for 3D floors, and if you do it NOT for a 3D floor, it'll be an error. And I don't even want to know what happens if you do that in non-ZDoom ports.
Last edited by ZZYZX on Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nash

Post by Nash »

ZZYZX wrote:Do you know that there is no option of having "no flat" in the engine? Or rather, there is, but only for 3D floors, and if you do it NOT for a 3D floor, it'll be an error. And I don't even want to know what happens if you do that in non-ZDoom ports.
But I am using it on 3D floor control sectors as well as a dynamically-changed skybox flat. I don't use it on normal, walkable play areas.

Come on, there's plenty of space in the Paste preferences tab, what harm can adding 1 tick box in there do =P
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

And what's more important, it does not reproduce for me.

So apparently there is an option to enable it which I don't have set and you missed it :D
printz

Post by printz »

I'm trying to add fields to the editor configuration in the universalfields { sector { } } block with the type 16 (enum string option). But they don't show up in the last tab (miscellaneous fields) table!

Here's my attempt:

Code: Select all

scroll_floor_type
		{
			type = 16;
			enum 
			{
				"none" = "none";
				"visual" = "texture only";
				"physical" = "things only";
				"both" = "both texture and things";
			}
			default = "none";
		}
If I change it to type 2 (string), it appears in the last tab, but I lose the enum choices. Is type 16 disabled?

Also I don't get a tooltip if I set it in the configuration, for the last tab entries.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Something I keep forgetting to mention: You can change the classic mode grid size while in 3D mode. More specifically, if you have the same keys bound to grid resize and some visual mode function (E.G. shift ceiling/floor), pressing it in visual mode will do both.

In short, Grid resize should be ignored in visual modes.

Random texture browser option request: Show textures in their actual size if they're smaller than the display size. (E.G. if set to 128x128 thumbnails, 64x64 flats would not be stretched out.)
Bubuche

Post by Bubuche »

Well, first sorry for the likely necropost.

I had problems to log in only to discover that the "official" gzdoom thread was closed and that gzdoom wasn't developped. By chance i found this topic.
I don't have internet at home, only during the evening. For this reason, I just can't spend hours looking for every posts and finding the exactly right place where i should post this.

I have bugs on gzdoom builder, and "special" bugs that likely i am the only one to have.
First, not special bug.

[spoiler]
***********SYSTEM INFO***********
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6570
GZDB: R2787

********EXCEPTION DETAILS********
La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.
à CodeImp.DoomBuilder.IO.WAD.WriteHeaders() dans x:\Source\Core\IO\WAD.cs:ligne 297
à CodeImp.DoomBuilder.IO.WAD.RemoveAt(Int32 index) dans x:\Source\Core\IO\WAD.cs:ligne 458
à CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Data.WADReader.SaveFile(MemoryStream lumpdata, String lumpname, Int32 lumpindex) dans x:\Source\Core\Data\WADReader.cs:ligne 1159
à CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Controls.ScriptResourceDocumentTab.Save() dans x:\Source\Core\Controls\Scripting\ScriptResourceDocumentTab.cs:ligne 119
à CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Controls.ScriptEditorPanel.SaveScript(ScriptDocumentTab t) dans x:\Source\Core\Controls\Scripting\ScriptEditorPanel.cs:ligne 1694
à CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Controls.ScriptEditorPanel.buttonsave_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) dans x:\Source\Core\Controls\Scripting\ScriptEditorPanel.cs:ligne 1648
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

[/spoiler]

The error is already referenced here: https://github.com/m-x-d/GZDoom-Builder/issues/6
However, here is the step to reproduce this error.
Open gzdoombuilder > open a map > edit a script lump that is not "SCRIPTS"
I mean : the "SCRIPTS" will not cause the crash.
Then save the file. Actually, i really bet that this is THE moment where the bug happens. Anyway.
Then edit the script again and try to save > crash.

I think now that open map > save > edit script > save script would do it. Maybe you already fixed that.

And, now, very personal bug, i think.
if you try to open a map before gzdb finished "update checking" => freeze forever (you'll have to kill it with the task manager).
I think that with an internet connection the time to update checking is really short, so nobody will never have this bug. Without internet connection, it takes longer. Of course, disable automatic update checking solve the problem.

And, now, not bug related stuff : how is gzdb at the moment ? You need help ? I am a programmer (i mean : master 2 degree in computer science, speciality security ... well, this part is not important)

Well, i hope i will not get a ban (for a wrong post at the wrong place etc). You can delete this post if you want, I love my account more than this post :)

Have a nice evening.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Bubuche wrote:GZDB: R2787
That is the last revision of GZDoom Builder, before MaxED quit the GZDB development.

You may want to try GZDoom Builder - Bugfix https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdbbf/ ,
the development of which is ongoing. GZDB-BF is programmed by ZZYZX.
If you have the same problem with r2985, then ZZYZX could take a look at it.

See also viewtopic.php?f=44&t=54957&p=982644#p982644
Bubuche

Post by Bubuche »

Ok, i'll see that ! Thank you for the links !

I'll post tomorrow to say if the bugs are still there.
Thanks a lot.
Bubuche

Post by Bubuche »

ok, the "every one should have it" bug is gone with this version (and it's awesome, i'll do less switch between slade and gzdoombuilder).
The "i am the only one who have it" bug is still there.
I.E. : start gzdb with auto-update checked and without an internet connection, open a map before the warning appears => freeze forever.
If you do the test several time, remember that settings for gzdb are saved on the hard drive =>when gzdb exists normally<=. So, if you enable the auto-update to reproduce this bug, remember to close the software one, to validate this "verify update" settings.
Martix10

Post by Martix10 »

Well suddenly my GZDB starts to crash everytime I try to enter in visual mode. It doesn't show any errors just freezes and close. Can anyone help ?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”