GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
gwHero
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Post by gwHero »

ZZYZX wrote: I don't even know how many people actually use it over the original GZDB :P
Here's one : I use it!

And I'm very pleased with it :) Great work.
ranhcase

Post by ranhcase »

I don't know if this is this right place to aks for help but i'm getting a bug with GZDB, both bugfix and normal version. When i try to open or create a wad, whatever that can be, or whatever format it is in the program gives me an error message and the wad isn't openned.

The error message
Spoiler:
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

ranhcase wrote:I don't know if this is this right place to aks for help but i'm getting a bug with GZDB, both bugfix and normal version. When i try to open or create a wad, whatever that can be, or whatever format it is in the program gives me an error message and the wad isn't openned.
Try the following if that helps:
Go to the GZDoom Builder frontpage. Read Required software, then click on the installer on the bottom of the post. Install to a dedicated folder. After that all prerequisite programs, as well as an old version of GZDB, are installed. Then run GZDB r2787 again, or GZDB-BF r2980, to see if your problem is gone.
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

I'm having trouble getting arg0str to be editable via GZDB... I should just need to do something like this in my actor's properties block, right?

Code: Select all

{
		//$Arg0Str "Actor class to spawn"
	}
Other properties (like sprite) work fine...

I have code that works fine if I manually edit the textmap and add the arg0str value, but I can't get the field to show up in the editor...

EDIT: This is with R2980.
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

The "bad exe format" sounds like a problem with SlimDX.
AFADoomer wrote:I'm having trouble getting arg0str to be editable via GZDB... I should just need to do something like this in my actor's properties block, right?
You need to add both Arg0 and Arg0Str. The way GZDoom and GZDB work, the "Str" is only an extension to the regular one.
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

Ah, that fixes it. Thanks! I'll update the wiki to note that you still have to use Arg0. Should have been obvious, in hindsight, but..
ranhcase

Post by ranhcase »

Kappes Buur wrote: Try the following if that helps:
Go to the GZDoom Builder frontpage. Read Required software, then click on the installer on the bottom of the post. Install to a dedicated folder. After that all prerequisite programs, as well as an old version of GZDB, are installed. Then run GZDB r2787 again, or GZDB-BF r2980, to see if your problem is gone.
Thanks for the help but it didn't worked, it gives me the same error.
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

What videocard do you have?
ranhcase

Post by ranhcase »

ZZYZX wrote:What videocard do you have?
It's an AMD Radeon R7 Graphics. The processor is an AMD A8-7600 Radeon R7.
GZDB used to work well on my computer, this issue started happening out of nowhere.
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

ranhcase wrote:....., this issue started happening out of nowhere.
Hmmm ...... :D

I'm just guessing.
From your bug report it looks like that something happened to SlimDX. Maybe ZZYZX can confirm that SlimDX Runtime .NET 2.0 (January 2012) is still required or not. My thinking was that the installer would provide the required support files, as MaxED mentioned.

Have a look in Control Panel if it is installed. If it is there, possibly something untoward may have happened to it. If it is not and ZZYZX confirms that it is required, then I know that Doom Builder 2.1.2.1553 setup will install it, as well as the DirectX 9 components as required.

Or something happened to the video drivers. Possibly a reinstall of Catalyst will cure the problem.

Maybe some RAM lost a few bits. To check for that run MemTest86 from a USB stick.

As I mentioned, not having access to your computer, I'm just guessing.
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

I haven't changed the requirements.
ranhcase

Post by ranhcase »

Kappes Buur wrote: Hmmm ...... :D

I'm just guessing.
From your bug report it looks like that something happened to SlimDX. Maybe ZZYZX can confirm that SlimDX Runtime .NET 2.0 (January 2012) is still required or not. My thinking was that the installer would provide the required support files, as MaxED mentioned.

Have a look in Control Panel if it is installed. If it is there, possibly something untoward may have happened to it. If it is not and ZZYZX confirms that it is required, then I know that Doom Builder 2.1.2.1553 setup will install it, as well as the DirectX 9 components as required.

Or something happened to the video drivers. Possibly a reinstall of Catalyst will cure the problem.

Maybe some RAM lost a few bits. To check for that run MemTest86 from a USB stick.

As I mentioned, not having access to your computer, I'm just guessing.
I couldn't run the RAM test, but i tried the other things, and they didn't worked.
SlimDx wasn't really installed in my PC, i ran the DB installer and it installed it, but nothing changed, i then reinstalled my video drivers, and that wasn't it either. I would also note that the original DB doesn't work as well.
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

ranhcase wrote: I couldn't run the RAM test, but i tried the other things, and they didn't worked.
SlimDx wasn't really installed in my PC, i ran the DB installer and it installed it, but nothing changed, i then reinstalled my video drivers, and that wasn't it either.
I'm quickly running out of ideas of what else I could suggest. Perhaps you could provide more info about your system, for example a screenshot of what Speccy (free) reports. Maybe we can glean a compatibility problem.

For example my system:
Spoiler:
Do you have access to a PC with a recent model Nvidia videocard, as to see if the editor works on that? And possibly swap videocards?
ranhcase wrote: I would also note that the original DB doesn't work as well.
I am not surprised since DB2, GZDB and GZDB-BF are essentially using the same underlying Direct3D software.
ranhcase

Post by ranhcase »

Kappes Buur wrote:
I'm quickly running out of ideas of what else I could suggest. Perhaps you could provide more info about your system, for example a screenshot of what Speccy (free) reports.
Here:
Spoiler:
Kappes Buur wrote:
Do you have access to a PC with a recent model Nvidia videocard, as to see if the editor works on that? And possibly swap videocards?
Not a recent model, but i have an GT 630, and the editor works fine on that.
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

ranhcase wrote:
Kappes Buur wrote: Not a recent model, but i have an GT 630, and the editor works fine on that.
Most of the problems with Radeon cards, which were posted in the forum, revolved around OpenGL as in GZDoom, so I am surprised that Direct3D also gives problems. Maybe it just affects older cards and drivers. But I am glad that you can use the editor with the GeForce card.

The only other suggestion I would like to make is to, perchance, use a bit beefier heatsink/fan for the CPU. While 63 deg C is not in the danger zone it will, nevertheless, take a toll on the CPU's longevity.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”