GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
AFADoomer

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Post by AFADoomer »

Torm -

Are you on the latest release? Not on my actual computer right now, but unless I did something crazy while testing, those definitions work for me... Red icon on the map view, named appropriately, and listed under 'NPCs' alongside the DECORATE NPCs in BoA.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

ZZYZX (on Github) wrote: edit: CodeImp was a good coder, but MaxED not.
ZZYZX wrote: The current code is very refactoring-unfriendly.
ZZYZX wrote: Compare with MaxED's update style where he would ignore bug reports/requests, get irritated at them and then proceed with adding new features instead of fixing old things.
It goes all hand in hand, doesn't it... :?
Some of the older ZDoom code suffers from similar problems and a few have also infested the OpenGL subsystem because 12 years ago I had no choice and could not work around them.
The only choice in such a case is to remove the problem stuff piece by piece at the higher levels and then slowly and gradually go down to the core.
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

The example actor seems to work for me and adds in the correct category, although it doesn't change the color of the category — I'll check that.
Gez wrote:Why not GLDoom Builder?
Because it's not a builder for GLDoom, but a Doom Builder + GL.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Yes, it's a GL Doom Builder, exactly. :p
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Would it be possible to distinguish between projectile and hitscan triggers for switches? I have some switches in a map that can be triggered with blast damage from a rocket but there's no way to set the switch to only respond to hitscan. The only choice is "on projectile impact." I'd prefer to also have "on hitscan impact."
Gez

Post by Gez »

An editor only lets you use features that exist in ports; it cannot magically create new port features that don't exist. *ZDoom quite deliberately makes no distinction between hitscan impact and projectile impact as far as line triggers are concerned; this is I repeat entirely deliberate and not subject to change. GZDBBF could add all the distinguishing you want, it still wouldn't change how *ZDoom behaves.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

So then how can I solve the problem? Can I give a flag to the projectiles to stop them from triggering those lines?
Gez

Post by Gez »

You can put in front of it another line that blocks projectiles.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

I tried that but the splash damage still triggered it.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Works for me™

The attached switch triggers when I shoot it with a hitscan weapon but rockets and plasma do not trigger it.

[edit] Actually, no, occasionally, if I hit just above the switch recess with a rocket, the switch activates. Bug or just map architecture that the engine finds hard to distinguish?[/edit]
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

I ended up just adding -ACTIVATEIMPACT on all my projectiles.
Bauul

Post by Bauul »

If the name is changed, this is a perfect opportunity to avoid the situation of GZDoom Builder where it was avoided by a lot of people because they presumed it was for GZDoom only.

The number of times I've seen people lament the limited feature set of Doom Builder 2, but have never even considered GZDB because they didn't map for GZDoom.

Whatever it does get called (and if MaxEd isn't coming back, a fresh name I think is important to distinguish between the phases of the program) I would strongly advocate for something source-port agnostic.
riderr3

Post by riderr3 »

1)
Does the editor controls Dehacked stuff correctly?
I changed thing "Bloody Mess 2" to "Bloody Chalice" which I borrowed from another unused thing state and change the sprite. But GZDBBF shows only "Bloody Mess 2" sprite. In-game all is right.

2)
It's not possible to check unknown texture if texture are hidden. I have to find it manually.
Or I lower the ceiling to make this unknown texture appear and then error appears
Linedef 2489 has unknown upper texture "COMP8" (front side)
Actually I deleted this texture some time ago. ZDoom showing this error, even when unknown texture is not visible.
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

riderr3 wrote:Does the editor controls Dehacked stuff correctly?
Not sure, but probably not. Only DECORATE/ZScript.
riderr3 wrote:It's not possible to check unknown texture if texture are hidden. I have to find it manually.
This is on purpose, because invisible unknown texture does not count :)
I'll later either add a checkbox or outright fix that.
riderr3

Post by riderr3 »

ZZYZX wrote:
riderr3 wrote:Does the editor controls Dehacked stuff correctly?
Not sure, but probably not. Only DECORATE/ZScript.
riderr3 wrote:It's not possible to check unknown texture if texture are hidden. I have to find it manually.
This is on purpose, because invisible unknown texture does not count :)
I'll later either add a checkbox or outright fix that.
Today I found another bug, the image of SG Guy turned in the wrong direction (always turned to left-down).
Here are the screenshot
http://oi65.tinypic.com/nl8w8w.jpg

P.S. It's happened only when I use my resource wad. There are new sprites SPOSP to SPOSU which I will use for new IoS (unused at the moment). Also SPOSO for Keen. And SG Guy uses POSSO-POSSU instead (with DEH). So what is this?
The wad have other sprite replacements but problem only with SG Guy (I hope).

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”