GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Sarah
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 11 (bullseye), Windows 10

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Post by Sarah »

ZZYZX, two issues I've noticed with some recent work.

1 - The panel that should display what errors occurred during compiling in the script editor is missing. The script editor says there are errors but does not tell me what they are. Is there a setting I'm missing?
2 - When setting a script to be executed via line, I can only select from one of my scripts using the drop down in the dialog; there are several that should be there. I've long since been in the habit of using named scripts, so copying a name over is obnoxious and error prone (I somehow got a space in before the script name in one instance which left me scratching my head for a moment until console output gave me a clue). I am aware of the check box to indicate a string script name. I'm suspecting bug here.

Looks like I'm using 2.3.0.2989 (e7328e4). Issue 2 has existed since at least the previous update. Thanks in advance for looking into these issues. Let me know if you need more info, the map, etc.

*Edit - After some more fiddling I discovered the error panel was just hiding. So I was missing something. No insights into issue 2 though.
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

2 — I need script source. Ideally untouched, but at least with script ... (...) { ... } and includes. Parser might be broken or something.
Sarah
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 11 (bullseye), Windows 10

Post by Sarah »

I actually think I found the issue: my overzealous use of commenting.

Example:

Code: Select all

//
// - Script Description
//
script "I_Have_Not_Written_ACS_In_Over_A_Year" (void)
{
     // ... stuff ...
}
The extra //'s seem to be causing the problem. I haven't tested yet but something like "// -" might be enough to solve the issue; my hypothesis is that the lack of characters following the // is confusing the parser. So, the lesson here is to use block comments. My discovery of this came from noticing that the one script that does appear in the drop down is the lone script without a comment preceding it.

Code is attached below if you still need to look into this.
Attachments
source.txt
(3.13 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

Thanks, got it to reproduce. Will update later today, I think.

Regarding this
Kappes Buur wrote:Request:

Concerning screenshots taken with F10, could the extra 7 pixel frame on the sides and the bottom be eliminated.
Spoiler:
That's been bugging me for some time now. Having to get rid of the frame in another app is just getting to me.

Thank you :)
I don't have Win10, but will look into it.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Code: Select all

class LADCharacter : Inventory
{
    enum ECharacterSex
    {
        SEX_Male,
        SEX_Female,
    }

enum ECharacterEthnicity
    {
        ETH_Caucasian,
        ETH_African,
        ETH_Hispanic,
        ETH_Asian,
    }

{
        Inventory.MaxAmount 1;
        +Inventory.UNDROPPABLE;
        +Inventory.PERSISTENTPOWER;
        +Inventory.AUTOACTIVATE;
        +Inventory.UNTOSSABLE;
        +Inventory.KEEPDEPLETED;
        -Inventory.INVBAR;
    }

FCharacter myStat;
    Array<LADItem> myItems;

bool bIsModularCharacter;
    LADModularCharacterPart myModularCharacterPart[LADModularCharacterPart.TOTAL_MODULAR_CHARACTER_PARTS];
}

GZDB doesn't like the dot in the last line.
ZSCRIPT error in "src\zscript\base\LADCharacter\LADCharacter.zc", line 145. Expected ], got <Token.Dot (.)>.
Wondercat57

Post by Wondercat57 »

I can't seem to desync the maximum brightness levels between 3D mode and classic top down viewing mode. Is this a bug or some feature that was added in earlier? If it is a feature, would it be possible to add in a menu option that allows the maximum brightness mode to be toggled on or off for each viewing mode and remain independent of each other?
kevansevans
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by kevansevans »

Can I request the ability to save maps as text files and the ability to load these text files? The group I'm working in has settled on using github to keep our files synced together as we work on it, however, pull requests don't like merging binary files, which includes the .wad. Having it as a text file would make the merging process way easier. Along that note, an refresh function would be great for whenever a pull is made on the map, so we don't have to close the editor and reopen every time.
ZzZombo

Post by ZzZombo »

UDMF.
Gutawer

Post by Gutawer »

UDMF needs to be put in a wad to work using the folder structure, which is a binary format. However, I'm unclear on how this would work as a GZDB-BF suggestion, since this sounds more like a suggestion for a way to store maps in the folder structure without using wads, which sounds like more of a suggestion towards GZDoom than GZDB-BF (though, if such a thing were to exist in GZDoom, I reckon GZDB-BF would be updated to support that).
kevansevans
Spotlight Team

Post by kevansevans »

Gutawer wrote:UDMF needs to be put in a wad to work using the folder structure, which is a binary format. However, I'm unclear on how this would work as a GZDB-BF suggestion, since this sounds more like a suggestion for a way to store maps in the folder structure without using wads, which sounds like more of a suggestion towards GZDoom than GZDB-BF (though, if such a thing were to exist in GZDoom, I reckon GZDB-BF would be updated to support that).
To make it easier to use github to synchronize files? I literally explained my reasoning in my request. Having to keep repackaging the files inside a wad over and over to edit it in builder, then unpackage everything to push a commit, would get very tiresome and difficult to keep track of. If we had the option to save a wad in it's most bare format, which is text files, this would make map editing much more smooth on group projects, where several people are focusing on the same map. GZDoom doesn't have to support the ability to run maps in the bare format, but builder having the ability to process and save them should be a thing. Plus the advantages of this would include being able to document every small change that happens, akin to how regular coding projects can use commit history to find out where things were changed, and make it easier for the project developers to communicate what's going on.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Wouldn't you eventually run into problems with several people fudging with already existing stuff? Multiple people working on the same map at the same time is a bad idea. If someone draws an area south of center, and then another person at the same time is drawing another area south of center, only one person's changes could realistically be accepted without complete fuckery.
kevansevans
Spotlight Team

Post by kevansevans »

Lud wrote:Wouldn't you eventually run into problems with several people fudging with already existing stuff? Multiple people working on the same map at the same time is a bad idea. If someone draws an area south of center, and then another person at the same time is drawing another area south of center, only one person's changes could realistically be accepted without complete fuckery.
This is probably the only downside to this, but it's already an existing problem regardless if this gets added or not.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

... Then your request won't solve the problem.
kevansevans
Spotlight Team

Post by kevansevans »

Lud wrote:... Then your request won't solve the problem.
That's not the problem it's targeting.
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

Proper multiplayer mapping should be relatively easy to achieve. I don't have any interest in this right now though.
/me hides

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”