GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: GZDoom 3.1.0 Released

Post by Kappes Buur »

Zan wrote: Nope, dynamic lights are toggled. But the whole Thing folder where you get the dynamic lights is missing.
A rather simple solution is to use a GZDB-BF version before r2972
Spoiler:
I can see nothing in the Changelog which would indicate why it is different in latest versions.
ZZYZX

Re: GZDoom 3.1.0 Released

Post by ZZYZX »

Zan wrote:Uhh, why can't I see dynamic lights anymore? They seem to have vanished from the editor (GZDoom Builder).
https://postimg.org/image/a71jmc4h9/
lights.pk3 are loaded in resources
Although they are blank/missing in the editor, they work when testing, which is even weirder.

*edit: Okay, got redirected to this thread. Now, how would someone who is entirely computer illiterate install the fix?
I tried just running the updater then opening Builder.exe but I get a ton of errors, and every sprite seems to be missing now.
That's weird. Do the regular dynamic lights work? (manual?)
As for the change, I've changed dymamic lights around few times (what I can remember: fixing lights on translucent geometry, not counting lights behind the camera for max light count, attenuated lights).
I'll try to reproduce this and fix if I get this as well.

Also I have lights in the latest version: http://i.imgur.com/ZarfqyW.png
Perhaps you are using ZDoom configuration, not GZDoom?
Kappes Buur

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Post by Kappes Buur »

I should have been a bit more informative as to why I suggested using r2971 and/or older.

With r2979, some things such as dynamic lights and sounds do show up, most everything else, however, is displayed as unknown,
Spoiler:
whereas with r2971 all things showed properly,
Spoiler:
which makes editing the map more pleasant. :)
Zan

Post by Zan »

Kappes Buur wrote: whereas with r2971 all things showed properly,
Spoiler:
which makes editing the map more pleasant. :)
Uhhh, I couldn't find r2971 in here so I tried out r2967, but same problem, there is no dynamic lights folder.
ZZYZX wrote:
Zan wrote: Perhaps you are using ZDoom configuration, not GZDoom?
Oh, lol, that seems to have done it. Yeah, I completely forgot I have to reset it from the starting prompt to be GZDoom instead of ZDoom.

*edit: nevermind, now my DECORATE folder is missing with the latest Bugfix versions... there must be something I'm doing wrong. In resoureces I loaded gzdoom_3-1-0.pk3 (excluded from testing), lights and brightmaps, then my own pk3 and lastly the Freedoom iwad. But even with my pk3 loaded, all my sprites show as unknown and other stuff is replaced by the things in the iwad.

As Kappes Buur said, it does work well with older Bugfix versions (everything shows fine with r2967 right now).

Also, can you guys tell me why I'm getting a lot of errors like
DECORATE warning in "Hedon.pk3\Gore.txt", line 919. Unable to find "DeadMarine" class to replace, while parsing "DeadBear".
with pretty much every actor that uses inheritance? Where am I messing up?
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

No idea. Send wad. This starts to sound weirder and weirder.
Zan

Post by Zan »

You can get it here, though it's with GZDoom 3.0.1 - http://www.moddb.com/mods/hedon/downloa ... sting-demo
Hedon_0-1-a.pk3 and freedoom.wad are in there.

There's also the chance I didn't configure the builder properly or perhaps I am missing something out. I've started using it somewhat recently, and only configured it as far as the old Youtube tutorials helped me do.
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

This is why there are no DECORATE classes in Hedon.
Delete doubledefines.
Zan

Post by Zan »

Hmm, strange, I've had that actor for a while and didn't realize it would cause trouble/double definition issues with the GZDoom one. Well, thanks for the heads up.

Do you have any idea what causes the other errors? Like in GLDEFS, it tells me the classes don't exist, but it works fine in game, the lights render on the class that I defined there. Is it because I have defined the classes in other lumps which were included in the main DECORATE separately?

Also getting a lot of DECORATE warning in "Hedon.pk3\Gore.txt", line 952. Unable to find "DeadShotgunGuy" class to replace, while parsing "DeadCultist" like errors, and not sure how to fix them popping up, as they work in game as well (everything gets replaced properly).
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

Classes don't exist because DECORATE does not get parsed. Because of the duplicate definition.
About DeadShotgunGuy — probably forgot to load gzdoom.pk3? I don't know. Why are you inheriting Doom corpses anyway.
Zan

Post by Zan »

I fixed the duplicate definition but that still happens?
From what I understand, a duplicate definition is when you define an actor that already exists, right? Like I had Blood with Blood already existing in gzdoom.pk3's decorate. I have no other duplicates after fixing the blood, though..

Also, I am not inheriting, I am replacing actors. Like:
Spoiler:
But this happens with every other actor I have replaced.
gzdoom.pk3 and Freedoom.wad are loaded into resources (though excluded from testing, or else I get core lump override error).
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

You have 100500 other duplicates, not just Blood. Also Reaver, DeadReaver, BloodSplatter and something else. Just check the error window. It flashes RED exactly because of this.
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

Zan wrote: Also, I am not inheriting, I am replacing actors. Like:

Code: Select all

Actor DeadCultist replaces DeadShotgunGuy
Hmmm, from the Wiki page

actor classname [ : parentclassname] [replaces replaceclassname] [doomednum]
{
  properties
  flags
}
Which I take that you have to inherit first before replacing.
Try this

Actor DeadCultist : DeadShotgunGuy replaces DeadShotgunGuy [doomednum]
{
  properties
  flags
}
And the [doomednum] is important for the actor to show up in GZDB.

[edit] typo
Last edited by Kappes Buur on Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Yeah you have to inherit from something, even if it's just from Actor as without inheritance, you're left with a very incomplete class. I'd be surprised if GZDoom doesn't throw a fit at incomplete Actor definitions like that when ran in-game.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Kappes Buur wrote:Hmmm, from the Wiki page

actor classname [ : parentclassname] [replaces replaceclassname] [doomednum]
{
  properties
  flags
} 
Which I take that you have to inherit first before replacing.
No, you don't. Each of the bracketed thing are separately optional.

If you had to inherit to use "replaces", it'd look like this:

actor classname [ : parentclassname [replaces replaceclassname]] [doomednum] 
with nested brackets to show that one is an optional extension to the other option.

In reality, all three optional components are entirely independent of each other -- you don't need to inherit from what you replace, or replace what you inherit from. You can perfectly well have actor foo : doomimp replaces medikit; or actor bar : cyberdemon replaces strifebishop.
Nash wrote:Yeah you have to inherit from something, even if it's just from Actor as without inheritance, you're left with a very incomplete class. I'd be surprised if GZDoom doesn't throw a fit at incomplete Actor definitions like that when ran in-game.
The actor Zan posted is complete and functional. Keep in mind that it's a DECORATE actor definition, not a ZScript actor definition. Inheriting from Actor is implicit in DECORATE if you don't specify a different inheritance.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Gez wrote:Inheriting from Actor is implicit in DECORATE if you don't specify a different inheritance.
Ahhh I'd forgotten about that convenience. :D

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”