GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Post by Kappes Buur »

Zeberpal wrote:mouse cursor issue
F5 - Preference - Synchronize camera position between 2D and 3D modes
  • when unchecked always shows Visual Mode at center of edit area
  • when checked always shows Visual Mode at mouse cursor position
unless you have a Visual Mode camera thing in your map
Empyre

Post by Empyre »

In that case, here's a better idea: Go to Preferences / Controls and look for Place Visual Mode Camera. Use whatever key that is (I changed mine and forget what the original was) to place the camera at the cursor. That's what I use, and it works nicely. I set mine to Q and I use W for Visual Mode.
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

Vertex slope issue (that it doesn't update if changing) doesn't happen for me on simple setup and R2992. Might be something about the old "rendering optimizations" that maxed made 200-300 revisions ago. Which also broke things like plane copy wall updates and such.
Can I haz some example map for that too?

edit: apparently only related to vertex slope THINGS. Noted.
ibm5155

Post by ibm5155 »

When I try to close all those acs files opened, I get a message that gzdbd tried to read or write a protected memory.
But the only guy using that file is gzdbd itself (Testing with the last build)

EDIT: Posted here https://github.com/jewalky/GZDoom-Build ... issues/175
Mordeth

Post by Mordeth »

Feature request: ability to search for linedefs/sectors with a certain tag range. Eg. select all linedefs with tags between 50 and 60.

Feature request (UDMF): ability to search for values for a linedef's or sector's custom fields.
Mav3r1ck

Post by Mav3r1ck »

Hello, I've just recently got ahold of GZDB-BF in favor of previous outdated GZDB versions as a result of the author discontinuing the project. I'm quite pleased to see that it's still being developed. I am using it and loving it so far. :)

That being said I'm here to make some bug reports and feature suggestions if they haven't already been brought up.

Bug: Setting the Wrap property for a mid texture causes it to infinitely rise into the sky when the F_SKY1 is set for a ceiling texture but I haven't tested it for a floor textures with F_SKY1.

Bug: The D64 Multi-Layered colored lighting does not apply properly to the dummy sectors used to create 3D sectors in the play area. For example, if you have a 3d sector in mid air and set the layered colored lighting properties inside the dummy sector itself (which is what you would do to get the colored lighting effects to render below the 3D sector) will not properly show up during gameplay/testing. All it will show is a bland sector with no colored lighting at all. I'm not sure if this is a bug or if it's because this feature isn't completely implemented yet.

Feature Suggestion: Add multi-layered color lighting support in ACS. For example, viewing the Soulsphere will look as if it's giving off a blue glow to the lower part of the sector and picking it up will cause the lower part of the sector to revert to another color if it's attached to a script that involves this feature. It would be cool to see sectors change with multiple colors through ACS and triggers. :D

Feature Suggestion: Add Addictive properties to the D64 colored lighting feature to better replicate Doom 64's lighting feature. Though this is probably already planned.
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

Mav3r1ck wrote:Bug: The D64 Multi-Layered colored lighting does not apply properly to the dummy sectors used to create 3D sectors in the play area. For example, if you have a 3d sector in mid air and set the layered colored lighting properties inside the dummy sector itself (which is what you would do to get the colored lighting effects to render below the 3D sector) will not properly show up during gameplay/testing. All it will show is a bland sector with no colored lighting at all. I'm not sure if this is a bug or if it's because this feature isn't completely implemented yet.
This was not supported before. 3D sectors would receive lighting of the real play area only, not of the dummy sector.
Does it currently work in GZDoom the way you described?
Mav3r1ck wrote:Feature Suggestion: Add multi-layered color lighting support in ACS. For example, viewing the Soulsphere will look as if it's giving off a blue glow to the lower part of the sector and picking it up will cause the lower part of the sector to revert to another color if it's attached to a script that involves this feature. It would be cool to see sectors change with multiple colors through ACS and triggers. :D

Feature Suggestion: Add Addictive properties to the D64 colored lighting feature to better replicate Doom 64's lighting feature. Though this is probably already planned.
These are to GZDoom. (and I think these colors are accessible to ZScript already)
Mordeth wrote:Feature request: ability to search for linedefs/sectors with a certain tag range. Eg. select all linedefs with tags between 50 and 60.

Feature request (UDMF): ability to search for values for a linedef's or sector's custom fields.
This is going to overcomplicate the search syntax, but will see what can be done.
Mav3r1ck

Post by Mav3r1ck »

ZZYZX wrote:
Mav3r1ck wrote:Bug: The D64 Multi-Layered colored lighting does not apply properly to the dummy sectors used to create 3D sectors in the play area. For example, if you have a 3d sector in mid air and set the layered colored lighting properties inside the dummy sector itself (which is what you would do to get the colored lighting effects to render below the 3D sector) will not properly show up during gameplay/testing. All it will show is a bland sector with no colored lighting at all. I'm not sure if this is a bug or if it's because this feature isn't completely implemented yet.
This was not supported before. 3D sectors would receive lighting of the real play area only, not of the dummy sector.
Does it currently work in GZDoom the way you described?
Yes, when I use the colored lighting feature and add it to the dummy sector it will render correctly below the 3D sector like it's suppose to in GZDoom but not the layered colored lighting.
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

Under Boom: Doom 2 (and possibly other vanilla / limit removing options), Sector Special 3 and 2 are wrong.

Special 2: Light Blinks (1 sec.)
Special 3: Light Blinks (0.5 sec.)

Are actually reversed. They should be:

Special 2: Light Blinks (0.5 sec.)
Special 3: Light Blinks (1 sec.)
Mav3r1ck

Post by Mav3r1ck »

As far as the D64 colored lighting feature goes. What's left to do with it before this feature is fully implemented?
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Selecting an editable vertex (slope stuff) and pressing tab (disable fancy GL stuff) results in an error after a short freeze.
Spoiler: Captain's Log
Nash

Post by Nash »

Requesting spotlight rendering in GZDB-BF!
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

Lud wrote:Selecting an editable vertex (slope stuff) and pressing tab (disable fancy GL stuff) results in an error after a short freeze.
Wonderful maxcode!

Code: Select all

foreach(IVisualEventReceiver i in selectedobjects)
					{
						if(i is BaseVisualVertex) RemoveSelectedObject(i);
					}
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

Hey! Regarding spotlight rendering. I currently have this release:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1c23bpf7v ... x-r2995.7z
It does NOT support spotlights yet, but it has complete rewrite of dynlight detection. I really need some help with testing this one. I know that it somewhat looks well, but obscure stuff like inheriting lights or GLDEFS lights may be broken.
Basically, I'm asking people who have complex dynlight intensive maps to open their maps in this and make sure everything works as intended before I push this to auto-update.
The reason why I'm doing this is because it may actually permanently break maps if it isn't working correctly, so yup some testing needed.
abbuw

Post by abbuw »

The dynamic lights appear to work correctly, however looking at or attempting to edit any line or thing with action 80 displays an error message. In the regular map editing mode, hovering your mouse over the line or thing pops displays this error, in visual mode highlighting any line or thing pops it up too.

Code: Select all

***********SYSTEM INFO***********
GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500
GZDB: R2995

********EXCEPTION DETAILS********
Specified cast is not valid.
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Types.IntegerHandler.SetupArgument(TypeHandlerAttribute attr, ArgumentInfo arginfo) in w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Types\IntegerHandler.cs:line 50
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Types.TypesManager.GetArgumentHandler(ArgumentInfo arginfo) in w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Types\TypesManager.cs:line 127
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Controls.ArgumentBox.Setup(ArgumentInfo arginfo) in w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Controls\ArgumentBox.cs:line 182
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Controls.ArgumentsControl.UpdateArgument(ArgumentBox arg, Label label, ArgumentInfo info) in w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Controls\ArgumentsControl.cs:line 415
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Controls.ArgumentsControl.UpdateAction(Int32 action, Boolean setuponly, ThingTypeInfo info) in w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Controls\ArgumentsControl.cs:line 272
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Controls.ArgumentsControl.UpdateAction(Int32 action, Boolean setuponly) in w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Controls\ArgumentsControl.cs:line 247
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.LinedefEditFormUDMF.action_ValueChanges(Object sender, EventArgs e) in w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Windows\LinedefEditFormUDMF.cs:line 791
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Controls.ActionSelectorControl.number_TextChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) in w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Controls\ActionSelectorControl.cs:line 229
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Text(String value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.set_Text(String value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBox.set_Text(String value)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Controls.ActionSelectorControl.set_Value(Int32 value) in w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Controls\ActionSelectorControl.cs:line 44
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.LinedefEditFormUDMF.Setup(ICollection`1 lines, Boolean selectfront, Boolean selectback) in w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Windows\LinedefEditFormUDMF.cs:line 300
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.ShowEditLinedefs(ICollection`1 lines, Boolean selectfront, Boolean selectback) in w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Windows\MainForm.cs:line 3980
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.ShowEditLinedefs(ICollection`1 lines) in w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Windows\MainForm.cs:line 3967
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.LinedefsMode.OnEditEnd() in w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Plugins\BuilderModes\ClassicModes\LinedefsMode.cs:line 819
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.Action.End() in w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Actions\Action.cs:line 284
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.ActionManager.EndActiveActions() in w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Actions\ActionManager.cs:line 619
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.ActionManager.KeyReleased(Int32 key) in w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Actions\ActionManager.cs:line 530
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.display_MouseUp(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e) in w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Windows\MainForm.cs:line 1216
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”