QZDoom - ZDoom with True-Color (Version 1.3.0 released!)

Game Engines like EDGE, LZDoom, QZDoom, ECWolf, and others, go in this forum
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Leonard2

Re: QZDoom - ZDoom with True-Color (Version 1.3.0 released!)

Post by Leonard2 »

Since I started working on the sync objects, I have a fix ready for this since yesterday.
Do you want me to push it?
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

I didn't notice this until just now. I already fixed it, it was a botched GZDoom merge.
Leonard2

Post by Leonard2 »

I agree on that however it seems you reverted parts of the merged reverbedit branch. Was that intended?
Now the reverbedit CCMD doesn't work anymore (whereas it did before).
The problem was that the reverbedit branch caused direct conflicts with the menudef security fix in optionmenuitems.txt, changes which were completely discarded in favor of the security fix in commit 2054f64.
In the fix I had done I corrected this conflict which fixed the problem and allowed the reverbedit CCMD to still work.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Then go ahead and push your fixes.

In the long run though, I may just revert the reverbedit merge since that was a WIP by Graf before he went MIA.
MartinHowe

Post by MartinHowe »

Just updating my games collection after a long hiatus.

Please can anybody point me to a guide to compiling QZDoom on Linux similar to the one on the Wiki for GZDoom?

Thanks if anyone can!
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Right now it's exactly the same as compiling on GZDoom. There are no fundamental code differences or extra dependencies.

Just use the QZDoom repo instead of the GZDoom one.

https://zdoom.org/wiki/Compile_GZDoom_on_Linux
MartinHowe

Post by MartinHowe »

Rachael wrote:Right now it's exactly the same as compiling on GZDoom. There are no fundamental code differences or extra dependencies.

Just use the QZDoom repo instead of the GZDoom one.

https://zdoom.org/wiki/Compile_GZDoom_on_Linux
EDIT:

OK, thanks, got it to work now. There are a couple of issues with the script commands that I'd like to highlight in case they trip anyone else up.

1) The git tag command needs changing from:
Tag="$(git tag -l | grep -v 9999 | grep -E '^g[0-9]+([.][0-9]+)*$' | sed 's/^g//' | sort -n -t . -k 1,1 -k 2,2 -k 3,3 -k 4,4 | tail -n 1 | sed 's/^/g/')"
to:
Tag="$(git tag -l | grep -v 9999 | grep -E '^q[0-9]+([.][0-9]+)*$' | sed 's/^q//' | sort -n -t . -k 1,1 -k 2,2 -k 3,3 -k 4,4 | tail -n 1 | sed 's/^/q/')"

2) The tags seem a bit inconsistent; doing that yields q2.0.0 instead of q3.1.0; furthermore, there is only a q3.1.0.1 but no q3.1.0.

Is there any way there could be some tag or pattern of tags we can search on that would always yield the current official release version?

3) The soundfont is still called gzdoom.sf2 instead of qzdoom.sf2. I have no idea if this is by design or an oversight.

Other than that, it seems fine and I'm very grateful to you & the team for doing all of this :D
wrkq

Post by wrkq »

You know, forgive me but I have to ask.
Does anyone else pronounce the port's name as "Cozy Doom"?
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Reposting from Discord:
If you have an old system, please check out the latest version of QZDoom and report any problems you may experience.

QZDoom has GZDoom's 2D refactor, which means it has officially removed the Direct3D backend. The upside of this is - live render switching is now available!

This may introduce compatibility problems with older systems. Also, it may introduce bugs. Please report both!

Your help is greatly appreciated - thank you in advance!

https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/qzdoom You can download it here (It's the top set of builds)
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Since I already merged the branch a new GZDoom devbuild will also do. Yes, we definitely need reports of how this works on other people's hardware.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I'm unburying this little monolith because I've started working on QZDoom again. There's a lot of pull requests in the queue and one thing that helps with the review process is if they're tested. That's what this port is for, right?

Currently being tested in the latest devbuilds:
As a note, all pre-"modern" versions of QZDoom have been removed from the dev builds, which means that QZDoom now requires OpenGL 3.3 in order to run. This is not the case with the latest release, which obviously is woefully out of date. There are currently no plans for a "legacy" QZDoom. (If you really want it, you can try begging drfrag for it, but he has a right to say 'no')

More will be added when some of these start getting resolved, whether accepted or rejected. I simply can't test all the open PR's at once, that would make maintaining this thing an absolute nightmare, especially the ones that get rejected or have to be redone.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

All of these could theoretically be merged into master, if someone could do a review and sign them off. Unfortunately I do not have time for that right now and that situation won't change for the coming weeks.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I asked for a second opinion on the NormalNx scaling, but I feel like that cost me a favor from the person I asked, so I am not going to ask the same person to do that for all of them. >_>

I'll go ahead and review the ones I am comfortable with merging in. I have to test them first, though.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

I already merged the NormalNx stuff into LZDoom but i reverted the xBRZ enhancements for now since they broke compilation with tdm-gcc (not that's really important). Also 5x and 6x modes crashed with MinGW-w64 but could be my old crappy ati card.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I've reviewed and merged the libOPN/libADL and the resurrection stuff, as I feel fairly confident with those. I'll have to work on the others later.

Return to “Game Engines”