[BETA] Danimator - Beta2 is L I V E (p. 4)

Software projects like source ports (3DGE, Eternity, etc), launchers like ZDL, and other useful utilities belong in this forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [BETA] Danimator - Beta2 is L I V E (p. 4)

Postby Murix » Thu May 19, 2016 4:52 am

Holy shit. Ok I'm now much MUCH more confident in making working weapons now.
Murix
Starting on Operation White Wash again

Postby jmickle » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:32 am

Is the source code available online anywhere?
jmickle

Postby Kizoky » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:25 am

I'm in love with this thing
Makes my job easier, thank you! :D
Kizoky
Mysteries becomes when one forgets about it

Discord: Kizoky#4900

Postby Zhs2 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:33 pm

Open Danimator.exe. Click "View" in the file menu, select "Settings", click "OK". Danimator.exe has stopped working.

Also, it seems this program can't read grAb chunks from imported sprites, which seems like a humongous oversight considering offsets are meant to be applied to already positioned images... If this program reads Doom Image Format x and y, great, but that's only half the necessary support in this modern world of Doom editing.

Also also I'm told it would be very helpful if there was some way to change a whole composited TEXTURES sprite offset in the viewer, not just the offsets for individual patches.
Zhs2
Power of three.

Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Postby DoomN00b » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:00 pm

Zhs2 wrote:Open Danimator.exe. Click "View" in the file menu, select "Settings", click "OK". Danimator.exe has stopped working.

Also, it seems this program can't read grAb chunks from imported sprites, which seems like a humongous oversight considering offsets are meant to be applied to already positioned images... If this program reads Doom Image Format x and y, great, but that's only half the necessary support in this modern world of Doom editing.

Also also I'm told it would be very helpful if there was some way to change a whole composited TEXTURES sprite offset in the viewer, not just the offsets for individual patches.

Could you expand and explain a bit about this for us whom are newbs? Does this mean, that if I say, wanted to modify some sprites from Russian Overkill, this would not be possible with Danimator, then?

But it would be possible to edit the weapons from Aliens TC?

And how can we petition the Theshooter7 to include this feature? Could we provide him with the necessary code from a similar project, or have one of the programmers working on for instance, Russian Overkill give him some tips on how to resolve the problem in a most elegant fashion?
DoomN00b

Previous

Return to Software and Ports